Discovery Gaming Community
Can we please change the snub changes back? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Can we please change the snub changes back? (/showthread.php?tid=147221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Omi - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 06:11 PM)Corile Wrote: Dunno, wouldn't say Karst and Antonio are vegetables.

They were having an off day or you're exaggerating about how quickly you were dying. Smile

(01-21-2017, 06:11 PM)Corile Wrote: Or they can just use, you know, the horizontal strafe.

Please either tell or show me how you'd maintain comparable DPS as a VHF fighting a cap that's actually shooting back without vertical strafes.

On another note, it would be great if all the people who don't fly snubs could stop trying to weigh in on behalf of the people who actually do. Increased projectile speed was a very brief thing in the past and didn't work out well at all (hello 900m/s Flashpoints on Wyrms and Libbies). This is like me - someone with absolutely no interest in flying caps or, really, seeing them continue to exist at all on the server - barging into a cap-related thread and posting arguments for making cap guns hitscan across the board.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Backo - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 06:20 PM)Omicega Wrote: They were having an off day or you're exaggerating about how quickly you were dying. Smile

Actually I got Antonio off his back in less than 5 minutes because he started shieldrunning as well the second his shield started dropping so it was mostly just Karst and some randoms versus Protege shieldrunning. Smile

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Kauket - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 06:20 PM)Omicega Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 06:11 PM)Corile Wrote: Or they can just use, you know, the horizontal strafe.

Please either tell or show me how you'd maintain comparable DPS as a VHF fighting a cap that's actually shooting back without vertical strafes.

On another note, it would be great if all the people who don't fly snubs could stop trying to weigh in on behalf of the people who actually do. Increased projectile speed was a very brief thing in the past and didn't work out well at all (hello 900m/s Flashpoints on Wyrms and Libbies). This is like me - someone with absolutely no interest in flying caps or, really, seeing them continue to exist at all on the server - barging into a cap-related thread and posting arguments for making cap guns hitscan across the board.

You don't need it, you just need to know how to kite, and how to position yourselves. You don't need to box. I certainly don't need to box to shoot caps. Just have people placed at one side, another, and the back, turrets take time to turn. Sliding, smacking reverse, evading in general works fine.

Also vertical strafing is really cheap imo, mainly because it wasn't featured in vanilla and makes the targeting not track at all, really ridiculous. If people need to rely on one tactic, then something is wrong. It shouldn't be anti everything.

Also shieldrunning - whilst annoying - is okay, just aim better. Learn to use flight tactics, engine kill to the side, etc.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Antonio - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 06:11 PM)Corile Wrote:
Quote:Not unless you were playing against vegetables.

Dunno, wouldn't say Karst and Antonio are vegetables.

I was shooting you for exactly 1 minute before I became a target myself and had to run for the rest of the fight (until Vasko ruined my fun Sad).

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Haste - 01-21-2017

Why are there like thirty posts devoted to vertical strafing in this thread? If boxing truly was too problematic, we could just reduce the strafe force from 20k to 15k or something and it'd be a far more logical solution than artificially (re-)limiting the axes of movement.

Auxiliary shenanigans are obviously changing, judge after we get a few more of the planned weapons out (and solve some of the current issues), please.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Vendetta - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 09:13 PM)Haste Wrote: Why are there like thirty posts devoted to vertical strafing in this thread? If boxing truly was too problematic, we could just reduce the strafe force from 20k to 15k or something and it'd be a far more logical solution than artificially (re-)limiting the axes of movement.

Auxiliary shenanigans are obviously changing, judge after we get a few more of the planned weapons out (and solve some of the current issues), please.

It's not even a problem lmao.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Pepe - 01-21-2017

1. new VHF model: I like. Having CD and MR in the same time forced me to fly bad ships like Gladiator for years.

2. torpedo and other guided projectiles: would have sense only for disabling caps hardpoints (I recall Tie-Fighter). I just had a "duel" vs. torpspammer in my bomber and I must say torps (as they are) are bad for me. I know iRL space battles would utilise a lot of guided stuff, but in this thread we debate what's good for fun and Disco in general. Many newbs and bad-aims like me fly bombers and we are cutting that branch right now.

3. strafing is Disco's touristic attraction. Other games have just rotation and pitching up/down. iRL space-crafts would have the same, but again: thread is about what's funnier.

4. LFs and HFs are pointless now. I'd vote to remove them and let devs balance what's left easier.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Vendetta - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 10:53 PM)Pepe Wrote: 4. LFs and HFs are pointless now. I'd vote to remove them and let devs balance what's left easier.

This is what makes it a problem. I'd love to see something to make those clases more attractive than VHFs being the end-all. Maneuverability just doesn't cut it when you get down to brass tacks.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Sombs - 01-21-2017

I don't get why the stuff wasn't just backrolled. The previous version was okay as it was, but instead we have to deal with the current bullshiet going on. Missiles removed or disimproved to make it stupid dumbfire nonsense and instead everyone was forced to get their hands on the meta's stereotypical fighters that spam Starkillers now.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Haste - 01-22-2017

(01-21-2017, 10:56 PM)Vendetta Wrote: This is what makes it a problem. I'd love to see something to make those clases more attractive than VHFs being the end-all. Maneuverability just doesn't cut it when you get down to brass tacks.

Feel free to send me your suggestions. LF and HF "overhauls" have been planned for a century and, if we're perfectly honest, those classes deserve more love than VHFs.

(: