Discovery Gaming Community
New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office (/showthread.php?tid=151702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 10-23-2017

"Most would try to make a deal, throw some credits around, offer somethin' good but hey if you wanna beg on your knees you'd better take a number" Jimmy said casually swirling his drink "'cos I've been on this throne for five months and I ain't heard word one about a stoner ownin' space on my station."

"See, I keep this place together by sound business and good friends. Seein' as I don't know your face and my account ain't flushin' with credits, you got two options:
One, you do somethin' for Providence other than breathin' the air and wastin' my time"
he said raising a finger "or two, you come back with a little more respect and enough credits to break my desk" raising another before curling around his glass once more.

"So unless your gang is packin' military hardware and cruisers, or are insanely rich. I ain't likin' your chances."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - nOmnomnOm - 10-23-2017

Sunny listens and when the man in front of him is done his face makes a big grin and he laughs, walking up to his desk and placing both hands on it, leaning down to face the man closer.

"Credits?" He laughs. "Credits? You say? %$#@ your credits. I don't owe you crap. You come and control the place. Fine. But when I hear that my members can't have their club headquaters anymore here and I have to come down personally to deal with it, there is going to be a problem. I've got other things more important than your sorry ass to beg for, and you are here demanding credits from me? You're station? Five months? Five months my sorry ass!

"Respect? You're asking for respect? You're telling the President of the Archangels that we are out of this station that served as one of our HQs for several years, and you want respect?"

He smiles and starts taping his finger down on the table quite hard. "You should rethink what you just said to me, or you are going to wish you would have never seen my face, buddy. I'd seriously suggest you start liking my chances, because I can make sure your money drains instead of goes up higher, along with this installation... Got it?" He whispers the last part and makes it really clear.

Sunny straightens and picks up the spiff that he had before gave him, putting it back into his jacket and leaving. When he turns the man would see his jacket's full colors. It was the President, alright, and he was not happy.

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Croft - 10-23-2017

"Don't let the door ht you on the way out" Jimmy said as Sunny disappeared around the doorframe.

He closed his eyes, enjoying the 'clunk' of his office door shutting and the soft humming of the air vent. Why did people think threatening him would work? The guy who literally flies into the pit of every criminal organisation in the sector. 'Oh no, a gun pointing at me!' Jimmy thought to himself 'how freakin' original. Ain't like I supply the damn things is it?'

His fingers followed their practiced path to the console and hit the buttons to begin the music playback, sinking down into the chair he grinned. 'I wonder how much the Rogues and Outcasts would pay for the location of Blackport?'

RE: Freeport 2 - Administrators Office - Stoner_Steve - 10-23-2017

New Providence - Flight Deck B -
Eva's Sunbeam

Ted chuckled to himself while Eva laid it all out for him. "You see, there isn't much of an option but to either put up with me, or deal with her" Ted glanced at both of them before continuing "I'd like to think my interest rate isn't that bad. After all we're only looking for goods and materials, something even you should be good at scrounging."

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Shalo - 10-23-2017

Eva's Sunbeam

Remy stood quietly for a few seconds, completely ignoring Ted. Out of all the things he had to hear today, what Eva just said was probably what hit him the hardest. He already saw Rosseau as a worthless and backstabbing rat, but he never expected him to have the nerve to do something like this. The thought that so much work and time was put into building their 'stronghold' in Boulogne and that it was now in risk, made him feel dazed.

Then let me go there or at least contact Maxime or someone. What good am I to either of you if Rosseau takes over it, anyway? You'd benefit more from me if that didn't happen.

He went quiet again, trying to think of how to stop any of this from happening. Still not accepting the news the woman had just given him.

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Laz - 10-24-2017

Eva's Sunbeam
Eva scratched her head, slightly puzzled by the inner confliction she was presented with. She gave out a short exhale before talking back to the fearful Remy.

"I..I don't really know what to tell you. I've heard that Boulogne is a fortress, but Rousseau has brute force on his side. He always preached about his 'vision' and all that merde, but he was often tight-lipped about how he'd 'unify the Brigands'. I guess we get to see his true method now."

Eva grunts, as if slightly annoyed by the thought. Few would consider the idea of Eva having a reason to hate Rousseau but in truth, being from Epernay, she had a fair few reasons not to see eye to eye with him. No one man should rule the Brigands, that's not what they are.

"I have no idea what the situation in Gallia is at the moment, I've spent several days making sure you are safe and secure after all. I won't try and hide that I've got my own ulterior motives for this, but let's just say there might be a personal reason behind it as well. Not trying to sound heartless, but consider yourself lucky you're still here."

Eva altered her orientation to try and meet Remy eye to eye, which was slightly difficult considering Remy was a few inches taller. Her tone was altered, sounding more understanding and empathetic, which was a surprise for anyone who actually knew Eva - Eva was known for being a tad emotionless towards anything business related.

"I'll tell you what, I owe Ted here a small shipment of Nox as payment to take charge of you, for the time being, make sure you stay safe. When I go back up towards Gallia, I'll stick around a tad and see what I can learn from Zero or some of those close to him. Instead of using my Courier, I'll leach a small transport from someone at Epernay, stick a ship of your choosing in it, as well as any personal effects you want me to grab for you while I'm there. Once that's done I'll stock the remaining hold full of Nox. Ted will get his shipment, the rest will net you enough to keep yourself going while under Ted's company."

Eva gives Remy a slight prod on his upper torso to extract an answer.

"That okay, sugar?"

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Shalo - 10-24-2017

Eva's Sunbeam

Remy noticed a slight change in Eva has she continued to speak, which he thought was rather strange, but in the middle of that discussion he didn't give it much further thought, simply shrugging it off.

Oui, that's fine. I guess I don't really have much of an option, anyway...

Remy hesitated before continuing, still trying to decide what ship he'd rather have her bring.

I should have both my Courier and Jaguar on Epiniac. If you could bring me either of those, it would be perfect. Meanwhile, can either of you provide me a way to access the neural net? There are a couple of people I need to talk to.

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Laz - 10-28-2017

Eva's Sunbeam
Eva took a moment to think, making a subtle humm while she did so.

"Yeeah... I think that can work. I'll be heading there to pick up my shipment for Ted anyways. About contacting your people, I'm sure Ted can help you out there, but I best be making tracks if I am to get the information you require before the inevitable occurs. Is there anything else you need, now is the time to speak up - if not I'll see you both off the ship and be off. I'll be sure to stick around there a little, to acquire some information if I can."

Eva shrugged slightly after she'd finished, her shoulder gesturing towards the cockpit as a not so subtle hint.

RE: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office - Shalo - 10-28-2017

Eva's Sunbeam

Remy nodded at Eva's comment about the two men leaving the ship. It's not like he had any idea what he'd do until she got back or until he managed to contact someone back in Gallia, but he couldn't handle being stuck in that ship anymore.

Sure, go ahead. Just don't forget my ship.

He then turned to Ted to see if he'd get him access to the neural net.

So, since she is leaving, think you can let me get a hold of a couple of people back in Picardy?

RE: Freeport 2 - Administrators Office - Stoner_Steve - 11-02-2017

Eva's Sunbeam

Ted grinned slightly "There are terminals on the promenade that are connected to the net. If you want me to write the letter for you it's going to cost you 50 credits a word." Ted cackled slightly before pulling out a Sirius Credit Card and holding it out for Remy to grab. "Consider this a lone, I don't do charity work like Jimmy does."