Discovery Gaming Community
revised models - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: revised models (/showthread.php?tid=16795)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

revised models - AdamantineFist - 02-24-2009

' Wrote:The problem is the fact that a simplistic design is not a bad thing. All Kusari ships are clean and elegant, whereas this one looks like they threw one together with a pile of heavy machinery. The whole pile.
Again: better than space-canoes.

revised models - Orin - 02-24-2009

Than again, that would put other vessels that incorporate ocean ship designs in the same boat. (No pun intended.)

We have liners, which bear a striking resemblance to... liners. Then we have the Tanker, that bears a striking resemblance to... a tanker.

A catamaran is simply another type of design, that was executed fairly well on the current model. Of course that comes down to opinion. That said, I'm not suggesting we keep the old model; that comes with too many issues, especially including balance. What I want to see is what Jinx does all so often. He makes an incredible ship, there are aspects of it that may not fit or work with where it will be put, and he revises it, coming back with an even better model. If necessity is the mother of invention, the father is criticism.

revised models - gafiaiiu - 02-24-2009

I just realized something, it suddenly looks like a drag car, with the intake vent on the top. Coupled with the shape of the ship and the giant wheel at the back, it is pretty strange.

revised models - Tenacity - 02-24-2009

' Wrote:I just realized something, it suddenly looks like a drag car, with the intake vent on the top. Coupled with the shape of the ship and the giant wheel at the back, it is pretty strange.

I know, awesome isnt it? =P

revised models - Kambei - 02-24-2009

first proposed cat is goood... it just need new textures to doesnt look like something taken out from trash can.

revised models - gezza999 - 02-24-2009

Second one is much better.... the size doesn't particularly bother me, just make it a very heavy Barghest type bomber? ( Though I doubt you'll add it since you've already dismissed it for the first design thing.)

If the first one was re-done so it actually looked right that'd work too I guess... though it's too practical to fit in maybe? Tape some huge wings to it and shorten the nose?

revised models - McNeo - 02-24-2009

Quote:If the first one was re-done so it actually looked right that'd work too I guess... though it's too practical to fit in maybe? Tape some huge wings to it and shorten the nose?

If that was done, it would look like the GC bomber does now...

I personally really like the new catamaran, though it isn't a catamaran anymore. I think it really fits, since Im sure that Kusari would have a change in shipbuilding techniques, like Liberty and Bretonia experienced. It still looks Kusari enough to me, honestly.

I dont like the second one, it looks much less atractive and much more inelegant.

revised models - mjolnir - 02-24-2009

how do you make "very heavy Barghest type bomber" out of something that looks weaker than a Wyrm?

------------------------------------------------------

' Wrote:A catamaran is simply another type of design, that was executed fairly well on the current model.

A kusari bomber was made to look "kusari".... it came out as a catamaran (Mohr's old model), so it got "catamaran" name. The dual-hull boat feature is something that is not seen in any other kusari fighter or capital class ship, all fighter ships look like small dragons or snakes, and use names of sea creatures. So what's there actually making it kusari?

I have to wonder how much of this "catamaran is more Kusari" comes from people just beeing used to used to it. I remember when I bought it first time almost 1.5 year ago. My immediate reaction was "lolwut a powerboat?" Yes after 1.5 year of flying it I got "used to it" as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And btw. I'd say Jinx's model looks like a dragon's head (for example this one or this one)

Also the new version is for obvious reasons not called "catamaran", it doesn't look like one and "catamaran" doesn't fit into kusari naming convention.

revised models - Panzer - 02-24-2009

After flying anything for 1.5 years - one gets used to it.

And after fighting those things for almost the same amount of time - one gets sick and tired.

I like the new models. Especially that one to be used by our favourite drugged, slant-eyed feminists

[APPROVED]

revised models - Derkylos - 02-24-2009

' Wrote:Again: better than space-canoes.

This. I fly both versions of the current cat, and, each time I log one in, I have to convince myself I'm in a spaceship. The twin-hulled thing does not fit with any other Freelancer concept.