Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer: Aftermath - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freelancer: Aftermath (/showthread.php?tid=172704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Ash - 08-16-2019

Yano sometimes having something different and new means colouring outside the lines. When it’s not different enough you have to question if those lines are limiting what can be done. In this case the lines are the hard-set infrastructure of the only playable freelancer mod - Discovery.

I’m all for a new picture to fill with colour.

Discovery will be the last if we let it be.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - pillow - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 01:19 PM)Ash Wrote: Discovery will be the last if we let it be.

This is a good point. Everyone has to realize that there are many people who lurk around the forums and on discord but don't play the game anymore at all, or barely do. A breath of fresh air might just revive the Freelancer (as a whole) community a little bit. After all, people initially came (and stuck with) Discovery because it's a roleplay server. Nowadays most roleplay is done on the forums, leaving the game barren. I entirely doubt Aftermath will do anything to Discoverys population unless it's wildly successful.

They already said people will be able to have both installed at the same time, so.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Dave Synk - 08-23-2019

It's so sadly amusing to see the same "handicaped" reactions from some people from this forum like I've seen years ago about the Continuum mod that wanted to do something fresh and new inspired from Disco. Even more extra reasons that I wish Aftermath to succeed and give a fresh air for the Freelancer communities that are out there.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Omi - 08-23-2019

I can't really agree more with the post above. I don't know why @"Sombra Hookier" and @Kalhmera bothered to post at all -- maybe because they really enjoy the sounds of their own voice, or maybe they just enjoy reassuring everyone that nobody will have to put up with their whinging in Aftermath.

While I honestly don't believe you'll have a lot of success with this project, simply because I think a lack of any playerbase will sink you in the end no matter how hard you try to advertise it, I really hope I'm wrong. @Kazinsal might have the right idea -- are you sure Unity or something isn't a better fit for you to build your project with, rather than a 16+ year old piece of software?

When it goes live I'll be sure to try it out.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Jayce - 08-23-2019

"i dont like thing so you shouldnt like thing either!"

"wait, people disagree with me?"

"maybe if i say it more, people will change their opinions!"

[Image: clown-face.png]

Wishing all involved the best of luck with this development, and I hope it turns out as well as I've been led to believe it might.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Sombs - 08-23-2019

(08-23-2019, 07:57 PM)Omicega Wrote: I can't really agree more with the post above. I don't know why @"Sombra Hookier" and @Kalhmera bothered to post at all -- maybe because they really enjoy the sounds of their own voice, or maybe they just enjoy reassuring everyone that nobody will have to put up with their whinging in Aftermath.

I see your constipation got better with your return. This time it wasnt even a pink wall of hate as usual, but just a minor step. Progress has been made!

In fact you actually care about the reason - I think you do not as you clearly have not read my posts or simply not understood them - here is some insight:

The moment this thread was created, people linked it via discord. A certain someone linked it to me via PM. Others posted it on a certain Discord where I usually hang out with a bunch of other people, with a few of those people sitting in Discovery Discords and constantly whine about how shitty Discovery is in various channels. (Hi Jayce! Big Grin) Not only that, though, but some of the people behind this mod tried to get me to join their team, for example Impy. So I looked this up, read the OP after knowing already much about the plans regarding Aftermath, how different it is going to be, and I think you will just have to endure my valid opinion on why I am rather not interested of trying it for the same reason as to why people post why they are going to try it. That is called feedback. Something you only know 50% of.

I do not oppose Aftermath. If it works out well, good for the Freelancer players as a whole. If not, there was at least an attempt. I will however neither support nor work against it. I lack the time for that, and lack the interest. The idea of me having a good authority over how systems are designed is a nice bait, but at this point I have come to the realization that I do not need to take any compromises if I do sysdeving just for my own, take recordings of what I do, turn them into 15-seconds-gifs and put them into story threads. That way people can appreciate my stuff if they want without me having to cope with the dubious devs here or the also dubious devs there. My opinion on this matter is quite different from Kalhs.

Aftermath also comes with a completely different environment in terms of roleplay, but mostly has the same people behind it. I cant take my stuff here and transfer it over there once it is playable. So why bother. As I wrote before, I do not need to love the devs here to do my own thing, and my own thing doesnt harm anyone. If I wanted to create an entirely new roleplay, I wouldnt go for something that is pretty much the same as here, with the same mostly toxic people. I guess in that case I would rather switch the RP community entirely, to other games with a bigger playerbase.

I hope your genuine curiousity was satisfied. Otherwise I expect you to satisfy yourself with your reply.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Omi - 08-23-2019

Okay, but you still took time out of your day just to tell everyone how uninterested you were in something. You didn't even have the courtesy to wish them all the best.

Next time you could, instead, just be quiet and save everyone involved -- yourself included -- the trouble. God forbid, right?

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Kalhmera - 08-23-2019

(08-23-2019, 11:02 PM)Omicega Wrote: Okay, but you still took time out of your day just to tell everyone how uninterested you were in something. You didn't even have the courtesy to wish them all the best.

Next time you could, instead, just be quiet and save everyone involved -- yourself included -- the trouble. God forbid, right?

He took the time to Express how he feels because this is a public forum and he has every right to express himself. My opinion and Sombras is quite different as he already stated. I'm completely and unequivocally against it while he is ok with how ever it turns out. Regardless we are all entitled to post and express how we feel and if we want to waste our time we can. It's our life our time and we can use it as we wish.

As a veteran of the United States Army I wont be silent just to appease weak minded people like you, and I'm not afraid to express myself however I want. And a lot of people dont like me here and I'm okay with that. I do my crappy rp in a little corner of discovery not bothering anyone and that's fine with me.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Chuba - 08-23-2019

(08-23-2019, 11:08 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: As a veteran of the United States Army

wow, that is so cool, tell me more about it

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - NOVA-5 - 08-23-2019

As i'm not a veteran of the United States Army, does that mean i have to be silent?