Discovery Gaming Community
The current state of RP, or lack thereof - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The current state of RP, or lack thereof (/showthread.php?tid=1792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The current state of RP, or lack thereof - Korrd - 10-23-2006

WTF?!

"Hey, you, come here because I'm too lazy to go hunt you down!"

:lol:

The current state of RP, or lack thereof - DarkOddity - 10-23-2006

You know.. I'm going to make alitle pledge to myself to help better RP on the server. Hence forth I won't be doing *ANY* OOC on system chat at all. None nada zip zippo!

And I won't respond to OOC chat either. PMs only for that stuff. If more of us do this maybe it would help the RP sense alot!

The current state of RP, or lack thereof - Fellow Hoodlum - 10-23-2006

Hey Korrd, in which case, I'm just going to sit in the bar and wait then, saves on the H-fuel.
Let me know where you are ...

Err ... Which Osiris issue was that then ? The one that beat you ? Some of us have rarely
flown anything else. Not good RP to do so ...

Hoodlum

Actually no, not the one that beat me if you could call it that. She has an Osiris as an outcast and there are several other players who have Osiris' but aren't Order/Corsair. That's what I mentioned.

And FFS hoodlum every single post I've seen from you in the past 3 days has been flaming whoever you possibly can.

The current state of RP, or lack thereof - romer - 10-23-2006

That's flaming?!? HAH!!!

Anyways for someone who promotes the 'make up an RP so you can fly whatever ship you want' tactic. How can you criticize?

The current state of RP, or lack thereof - Fellow Hoodlum - 10-23-2006

Damn, you really are a little soft old boy. If this constitutes flaming, you are going to have
a real hard time, out there in the world at large. Or are you going to sue everyone for
having an opinion that doesn't suit yours ...
Sheesh pal, get real ...

Hoodlum

The current state of RP, or lack thereof - McNeo - 10-23-2006

romer,Oct 23 2006, 02:20 PM Wrote:Amen!  If you're RP'ing as bounty HUNTER....then....HUNT! 

[snapback]41780[/snapback]

Bounty Hunters Hunt for Bounty.

They do what the hirer says to do. If thats to wait, The thats what the Bounty Hunter is gonna do.

i agree with the other stuff you said Romer :)

Aye, I do promote "RP Story for a ship" idea, but to an extent, it has to be good and IMO atleast a page long. I haven't seen a single RP story for any of the ships out.. Soo...

Now before anyone comments on my BHG Battleship again... I deserted from the SSO, my RP character is still the same character.. I took the ship with me and actually had an active bounty on my character that I posted and actually paid Nightfall 5mil when he claimed it. So not only did I have RP reason to keep my ship but I also had an interactive retribution by the BHG that put money in the players pockets.

The current state of RP, or lack thereof - Miffy - 10-23-2006

marauder,Oct 23 2006, 09:03 PM Wrote:I was not talking about anyone complaining about my activies as a phantom in-game, I meant complaining that the phantoms can ignore the restrictions I mentioned that everyone else using a xeno ID has.
[snapback]41777[/snapback]

Understood, marauder. My mistake :)

The current state of RP, or lack thereof - Lt.Cmdr.Olsav - 10-23-2006

so what is the overall point obe taken from this, as in what is the offical say?