Discovery Gaming Community
Deleting systems poll UPDATE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Deleting systems poll UPDATE (/showthread.php?tid=196649)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Deleting systems poll UPDATE - Czechmate - 04-02-2023

Yeah Markam - you talk to random discord buddies Instead of doing what Zentor was doing - engaging the community, welcoming feedback, just ranting while recording was open with his own development thread. Even for not agreed things. You are the one who was the driving force behind DWG closure too. Learn from him, be more like Zentor, you posting here is a good step, but you can do so much more that would actually save you time in the long run, and the community would feel like they matter.

RE: Deleting systems poll UPDATE - Darius - 04-02-2023

Whom are these "Discord buddies"?

It's Markam who was the driving force in shutting down DWG, he says he's approachable, by individuals ? Great hah, what's the point?

Like I said, Zentor showed you people how it can be done, openly, in public, with engagement of the community. Just do that, it's not rocket science. What you are working on shouldn't be secret unless you are ashamed of your work.

Current systems and story teams have been nothing but disappointment, oversights, self-serving changes and shambles, I dread what they touch and mess up next. You have nothing to lose, change your ways and work with the community more - and there will be no need for leaks.

Quote:Before commenting on the veracity of the leak, what is more important is understanding how presenting the information in a partial, incomplete and inaccurate manner as the OP has is harmful for understanding the context of the changes and with what they accompany in the end product (the patch). At best the information is incomplete, at worst it is misleading and misrepresents what is being done.
So present it yourself instead? Make a dev vlog and open up a feedback thread as Zentor did - be in control of the narrative, let people prepare for changes, and include them in the process, collect feedback from those who actually play the regions you are changing. I hope you will realize this one day. Currently, there is an arbitrary buddy system in terms of using the community, that's why you have leaks. The answer is not more isolation and hoping you will stop all leaks altogether, but the complete opposite, make the leaks pointless by creating transparency!

RE: Deleting systems poll UPDATE - Darius - 04-02-2023

I stand by my question. Who are these supposed buddies of the staff? Surely if you throw around such extraordinary claims you must also possess extraordinary evidence.

And for the love of god guys, just because you don't know what to do with a system doesn't mean you should delete it. Like take Baffin - who the hell gives a fuck it's in the game, we don't need you to touch it for people to go RP there. I know only thing that stopped you was that it's a memorial system.

You will be gone one day, there will hopefully be people willing to pick up the pieces with a better process once you are - it costs you nothing to move a system away from a major trade route and keep it in the game, let players do the stories around them. You don't need a grand long story plan for every system for it to have a reason to exist.

We don't need you really, just try not to do too much damage and worsen people's experiences of the game please. Most of you change regions you barely ever play and you don't understand what makes them work as you don't work closely with the community - if it's and unplayed area then so be it it, but the deletion of Xi Munich and Lorraine is outright alarming. It's a huge middle finger to the community as you will break up what people heavily use, thinking you know better for some unknown reason.

RE: Deleting systems poll UPDATE - Erremnart - 04-02-2023

DWG was just a lobbying hole for OF leaders to ask for more stuff™. If it wouldn't be shut down, we'd certainly be ignoring it right now anyway. It was a prime example of why not to involve a large group of pixel-attached players in any kind of development. It's sad, but such is the reality of Discovery.

I doubt that any devs would be willingly subjecting themselves to a torture room like that anytime soon.

RE: Deleting systems poll UPDATE - Sangria - 04-02-2023

(04-02-2023, 02:21 PM)Darius Wrote: I stand by my question. Who are these supposed buddies of the staff? Surely if you throw around such extraordinary claims you must also possess extraordinary evidence.

It leaked somehow...

(04-02-2023, 03:24 PM)Erremnart Wrote:
DWG was just a lobbying hole for OF leaders to ask for more stuff™. If it wouldn't be shut down, we'd certainly be ignoring it right now anyway. It was a prime example of why not to involve a large group of pixel-attached players in any kind of development. It's sad, but such is the reality of Discovery.

I doubt that any devs would be willingly subjecting themselves to a torture room like that anytime soon.
For how long have you been part of DWG and in which regions?

(04-02-2023, 03:25 PM)Sangria Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 02:21 PM)Darius Wrote: I stand by my question. Who are these supposed buddies of the staff? Surely if you throw around such extraordinary claims you must also possess extraordinary evidence.

It leaked somehow...
I think he didn't realize April 1st was yesterday. Asking that in a thread entirely about leaks from buddies of staff takes some brains (sun)

RE: Deleting systems poll UPDATE - Couden - 04-02-2023

When patch?