Discovery Gaming Community
Buccaneers NPC faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Buccaneers NPC faction (/showthread.php?tid=25272)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Buccaneers NPC faction - Wolfs Ghost - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:NO!

Freelancer tag, Pirate ID serves Buccaneers so well it's bloody awesome. They are perfect for that tag/id, no need to introduce new tags for that... They don't have Buc stations, Buc shiplines, Buc systems, why would they need a tag?...

I love them the way they are... I even need to get my arse more active again and join them. However Buc| should not have a NPC faction, that kinda kills their freelancing general pirate attitude...

It's good to know that you love us the way we are. Though, having a Faction IFF/ID for us would get rid of a few problems we face with indies. "No, u can't pirate u Freelancer." Being one of them.

As far as Buccaneer Stations? We'd probably have one or two in Bret Proper.

Buccaneer System? We'd probably have one with one base in it, anything else in that system would be considered useless to the Bretonian Government, Gaians, Corsairs, Mollys, and extremely dangerous for travellers.

Buccaneer Shipline? Eh, I'd have to say I don't see this happening. As I see our current ship list is fine.

Buccaneers NPC faction - MarvinCZ - 08-23-2009

I avoided this, but I'll make an exception. Another problem with the Freelancer tag is, that it gives a wrong IFF information to the traders, it may seem like we are hiding behind a (usually) neutral tag to trick the traders into coming near. The Freelancer tag doesn't represent pirating char's reps well.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Andrew_Bonesovich - 08-23-2009

I agree with getting your own NPC faction, to solve the "Ur Freelancer not pie-rat" issue, along with the ID probably.

I agree with 1 dockable base, best would be that prison liner stationed somewhere in those Leeds smog clouds, or some very, very tiny base. (Which would look like its going to fall apart every second :D) More bases is unnecessary.

Your own system or even a ship line would ruin the whole idea a bit, in my opinion.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Quorg - 08-23-2009

No, no, no.

You guys do fine. If some trader whines because you're using a different IFF, then it's his fault and not yours.

I get flak all the time because my Slaver characters use Freelancer IFF's.

That is not a good reason at all to ask for a Slaver NPC faction.

If you do this, then I only ask that you make the IFF open for any player who chooses to be a Buccaneer. It's a bit tiresome to see more and more NPC affiliations only open for players who are a part of the official faction.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Cyberanson - 08-23-2009

As far as I understood, the affiliation would be open for everyone. Correct me if I am wrong.
Closing the faction to some invite only or similar things, like the Coalition wouldn't represent the Buccaneers philosophy I guess.

Buccaneers NPC faction - jammi - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:If you do this, then I only ask that you make the IFF open for any player who chooses to be a Buccaneer. It's a bit tiresome to see more and more NPC affiliations only open for players who are a part of the official faction.
The Buccaneers would be open to all. It'd be like adding another vanilla faction to the game (admittedly a smaller than normal one).

Buccaneers NPC faction - Quorg - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:The Buccaneers would be open to all. It'd be like adding another vanilla faction to the game (admittedly a smaller than normal one).

Ah, okay. Then I'm not quite as opposed to it (still fail to see why it's necessary, but to make it an open faction makes it more palatable).

Buccaneers NPC faction - Drake - 08-23-2009

To be honest, we're mostly interested in our own NPC faction so we can have a base or two without them being Freelancer-aligned bases, which wouldn't make much sense. Likewise, if we got our own system, making the base and any weapon platforms inside Freelancer kinda defeats the purpose. Our preference was to not have our own system, but if it becomes necessary for us if we want to get our own base, it'll be full of natural hazards and contain nothing useful to the rest of Bretonia, hence the reason why it was chosen by the Buccaneers to hide their base. And we certainly wouldn't fill it with super-NPCs or OMGRAPE weapon platforms.

Buccaneers NPC faction - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:It only stands to reason that there would be a group of pirates in Bretonia who had no ideals, and are basically a Bretonian group of Rogues. Generic pirates, as it were.

The Mollies have been pushed into this role a bit, but they don't fit.

The Buccaneers as an NPC faction are a logical and needed part of RP on this server.

*cought* why nobody pays attention to infocards? Like atm there is alot of gaians who forgat their idols and just act pirating.

Why nobody roleplays pirate with lost idols in the game? but makes up a new faction instead. same goes for Bundschuh in Rheinland.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Zapp - 08-23-2009

Ol' McGillick approves.