Discovery Gaming Community
Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Buff the Order VHF Bastet. (/showthread.php?tid=30781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Zelot - 12-10-2009

' Wrote:Erm, anyone ever killed somone in PvP with lasers ? Seriously ?

Ask the Liberty Rogues and Blood Dragons about if you can kill people with lasers.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - mjolnir - 12-10-2009

My favorite is two Werewolfs killing two MM bombers using Sammaels within 3 mins:D

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Tenacity - 12-10-2009

"Daito" Blood Dragon Laser Cannon:
Damage per second: 2,017
Energy used per second: 583
Speed: 750m/s
Range: 600m
Efficiency: 3.459 Damage per Energy

"Sammael" Liberty Rogue Laser Cannon:
Damage per second: 2,208
Energy used per second: 600
Range: 700m
Efficiency: 3.680 Damage per Energy

"Death's Hand" Order Laser Cannon:
Damage per second: 2,000
Energy used per second: 583
Range: 600m
Efficiency: 3.430 Damage per Energy

Of the three, the order's is clearly the worst in damage output and energy efficiency.

You should also remember that most blood dragon fighter pilots prefer to use disinfectors, which deal more damage per second and have higher efficiency than the daito.

Laser cannons, all around regardless of faction, need to be altered. In pvp you are almost never able to keep sustained fire on an enemy fighter, and lasers -need- sustained fire in order to do any significant amount of damage. The same issue makes chainguns useless as well - the only time people actually use these weapons to any effect is when fighting npc's, which dont dodge a fraction as well as players do.

I'd suggest one of two changes to happen here - either improve the ability of laser weapons to operate in a burst damage capacity (reduce refire, increase damage per shot), or drastically reduce the energy consumption of laser weaponry to make them more efficient than anything else available, so that a player can actually afford to spray fire like he's meant to with those weapons.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - sovereign - 12-10-2009

I took on a pair of Raven Claws in 4.84 with only my 4-Sammael Greyhound.

Since then the Liberty Rogues have still been doing just fine even with the repeated nerfed Greyhound.

I don't think the NovaPG ever had any problems killing people with their guns.

The Rheinland Military mostly uses Hornvipers/Debs and does rather well against all comers... and Hornvipers are similar to lasers that fire at 5.88.

The Red Hessians seem to be doing pretty well against the 'sairs with their Natturturn Zweis, which are laser weapons at 5.88 that do less damage than yours.

More than a few of the Gallic players I know prefer Pot-de-Fers to Musketoons and the various Culverins. Those are lasers at 5.88 that are otherwise Heavy Flashpoints.

No, I don't think lasers are that bad, really. The Order ones are basically the same as the Blood Dragon ones, and you have the advantage of having a real powerplant to fire them from. Yes, they aren't efficient for their DPS... but neither is the Black Widow, and I don't think I've every heard a Xeno complain about those. You've got 750 speed, 8.33 refire, respectable DPS, and the second-largest powerplant to shoot it from. On the Bastet you can't fire them as much, obviously, so go for your other guns and do what normal HF pilots do... fire a burst, dodge, fire a burst, lather rinse repeat. Reavers do quite a nice pile of damage, too.

The only problems I can see is that it appears you're trying to fly your ships like they're different ships. The Nephthys is heavy (very much so) and has piles of armor and powerplant from which to dish out pain. Don't fly it like a Heavy Fighter... box, shoot a lot, make use of your energy. The Bastet on the other hand is a very light VHF... so fly it like one, don't fly it like a Titan or Nephthys. Move, get your licks in as bursts rather than repeatedly jousting.

Your equipment honestly looks a lot better than most people's.

EDIT: A laser weapon that does more damage, has lower refire, and has less energy consumption... gee, that sounds like a Neutron, Particle, or Plasma weapon. Which you have, by the way. If you don't like your lasers they aren't your only option.

EDIT2: I'd also like to note that if you can't spray your target all the time that probably means you're either in a 1v1 or jousting. Lasers aren't spectacular at either. In group fights, however, the ability to throw waves of projectiles at people at high speed is more valuable than anything else... which is what lasers are good at. They're really good at it, too.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Tenacity - 12-10-2009

It's always the same, the devs say "sure, make suggestions!" and then when you do "**** you, your suggestion sucks"

One more reason this mod is in the gutter lately, the people who have the control wont listen to jackall from anyone else.

' Wrote:Of the three, the order's is clearly the worst in damage output and energy efficiency.

That might have something to do with the fact that Order is the only one of those factions that has 2 lvl 9s.

' Wrote:You should also remember that most blood dragon fighter pilots prefer to use disinfectors, which deal more damage per second and have higher efficiency than the daito.

I like those BD pilots... cause then I know I'm safe as long as they aim on me, while those with Daitos are deadly.
Sure disinfectors do more damage per second (2080 vs 2017... HUGE difference) and have bigger efficency, but somehow it doesn't fully weight up for 600 m/s speed and 550 m range;)

Quote:Laser cannons, all around regardless of faction, need to be altered. In pvp you are almost never able to keep sustained fire on an enemy fighter, and lasers -need- sustained fire in order to do any significant amount of damage. The same issue makes chainguns useless as well - the only time people actually use these weapons to any effect is when fighting npc's, which dont dodge a fraction as well as players do.

The biggest problem laser guns have is the pilots who think that "the more guns I have the more I pwn".. a bit like people flying Sabre with 7 lvl9 Krakens and complaining that it has so weak powerplant and that they can't fire their guns. More might be less you know:P

(written by someone who uses 5 Krakens on Sabre (one is lvl 8), 4 Daitos on BD, 5 Sammaels on Werewolf (even with his monster powerplant), etc..)

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - MarvinCZ - 12-10-2009

' Wrote:It's always the same, the devs say "sure, make suggestions!" and then when you do "**** you, your suggestion sucks"

One more reason this mod is in the gutter lately, the people who have the control wont listen to jackall from anyone else.
That's a strange thing to say after being answered by a regular forum member;)Not to mention uncalled for - just because someone disagrees...

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - n00bl3t - 12-10-2009

' Wrote:That might have something to do with the fact that Order is the only one of those factions that has 2 lvl 9s.

The biggest problem laser guns have is the pilots who think that "the more guns I have the more I pwn".. a bit like people flying Sabre with 7 lvl9 Krakens and complaining that it has so weak powerplant and that they can't fire their guns. More might be less you know:P

Point?

Also, I have seven Kraken Type 2's on two of my sabres. They are win.

This one:

' Wrote:In pvp you are almost never able to keep sustained fire on an enemy fighter, and lasers -need- sustained fire in order to do any significant amount of damage.

I agree that very high refire/fast guns need sustained fire, solution is not to mount full load of them. Surprisingly you do much more damage that way.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - n00bl3t - 12-10-2009

' Wrote:This one:
I agree that very high refire/fast guns need sustained fire, solution is not to mount full load of them. Surprisingly you do much more damage that way.

Well, I doubt anyone is going to mount a full load of them.

Two nomad guns and maximum four Order guns. (Which is somewhat similar to the majority of loadouts, and it does not seem to be working.)