Discovery Gaming Community
Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Pre 4.86 Event Round Two (/showthread.php?tid=40536)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Carlos_Benitez - 05-25-2010

Why do you want to remove Cap8 Armour from the Battleships?

Surely the biggest blow to plausibility of the KNF/GRN Event was that Battleships would die every few minutes and respawn? Making them weaker will only exacerbate this.

The Battle of Minor should be easier to organise; it has a less elongated battlefield. Simply have BHG forces spawn at Dabadoru Base. The Caps will have to make their slow way to Minor, and this will stop them bulk-spawning. You can do the same with the Nomads, at a Nomad base in a nearby system.
Stopping the Order from bulkspawning caps will be more difficult though. Perhaps Capships can be stationed on Evora Shipyard in Omicron-100, and docking on the Isis and Toledo Mooring Platform disabled, so only fighters and bomber can spawn from Toledo.

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Moreton - 05-25-2010

As an order pilot used to regular BHG failed raids on Minor I look forward too blowing BHers into peices.:laugh: Evenmore so seeing I couldn't join in with the KNFvsGRN event.

Also has the outcome of this battle been anounced yet?

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Eternal - 05-25-2010

Agmen, from the many and various answers here, I understand that even people with a lot of experience, in their respectful fields, lack the understanding and basic information concerned to the Order and this event, as a whole.

I do hope you understand that HC is fully aware of what should happen and how it should happen, however, from one of your responses, you made it clear that the rest of the leaders of factions, which will have something to do with this, have already been informed and coordinated to the event. We are one of the main actors in this play, contacting us, so we can manage and secure a pleasureful event is quite important and shouldn't even be under question.

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Agmen of Eladesor - 05-25-2010

' Wrote:Agmen, from the many and various answers here, I understand that even people with a lot of experience, in their respectful fields, lack the understanding and basic information concerned to the Order and this event, as a whole.

I do hope you understand that HC is fully aware of what should happen and how it should happen, however, from one of your responses, you made it clear that the rest of the leaders of factions, which will have something to do with this, have already been informed and coordinated to the event. We are one of the main actors in this play, contacting us, so we can manage and secure a pleasureful event is quite important and shouldn't even be under question.
I can certainly understand that. I've been discussing things with several members of the Order| command team in our skype chat (the Order / BHG| Coordination skye chat that we have had set up for ages). I'd request that one of them add you to that chat if you're not in there, as I'm not sure if I have your skype (I'm at work, so I can't do it right now.)

I do hope that everyone in the factions involved understands that my 'fore-knowledge' of anything comes from simply things that I've picked up off of here and in some skype chats. Until this past weekend, I was not the actual BHG| faction leader, so any privileged information regarding our future was not in my possession.

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Akura - 05-25-2010

' Wrote:I'd like to suggest no armor on most ships. If all of them effectively have the same 2.5x removed, they'd still be equal without making things take the same length to kill. That way, the chosen leaders could be given more armor perhaps so as to better stand out and die less.

Yeah, or give no armour to caps and light armour to fighters and bombers.

Encourage people to use them.

Alot of the KNF vs GRN I just sat and watched Valors and KuBSs die.

' Wrote:You can do the same with the Nomads, at a Nomad base in a nearby system.

Well, travelling from the Nomad bases in Iota to Delta is about 50-60k. Then another 20-30k ontop of that, it's a longer journey than travelling from Dabadoru.

And I see the BHG/Nomads fighting and never actually entering Minor xD

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Birdtalon - 05-25-2010

I'll be watching;)

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Syrus - 05-25-2010

' Wrote:Well, travelling from the Nomad bases in Iota to Delta is about 50-60k. Then another 20-30k ontop of that, it's a longer journey than travelling from Dabadoru.

And I see the BHG/Nomads fighting and never actually entering Minor xD
And from Evora to Minor is even longer. Not mentioning the damn asteroids on the way.

Maybe let the Order Fleet start on Apophis or Lisbon.

Is there going to be a limit on Nomad ships? It shouldn't be like all "Nomads vs BHG" or something like that. The battle is about Minor as far as I know, not only about Nomads vs ... ?!

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Govedo13 - 05-25-2010

Can you put Repair ship restart? It will be really nice.

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - masswordman - 05-26-2010

Will you put up a /restart_(A faction tag)_gunboat? In the GRN vs KNF event, the Kusari destroyers cut the Valors to pieces(speaking from experience), and the best defence againt them was a GRN gunboat, so...

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Fletcher - 05-26-2010

I'll practice my camera work and cinematography!! If its The Order, I have to be there. I won't jump in as Trent though, he's got little to do with them anymore. But still, I can see this being THE most heated battle ever. Wait... wait wait wait... Can we have a three way? Some Nomads? I'm sure they'd take advantage of this!!