Discovery Gaming Community
Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Benitez Secure Comm Channel (/showthread.php?tid=4426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Chico - 03-01-2008

Incoming message:
Comm ID: Chico Benitez

I have just witnessed three corsairs attampt to tax an artifact smuggler just outside Crete. H-U-N-T-E-R, Cairo and one other. I did not manage to see the thirds name as I was vigorously involved with the comms unit. Fortunately however, I managed to explain that it would be irrational, nay stupid to interfere with the artifact trade. They let him go but protested most strongly.
This is not the first time these names have come to my attention. I would reccomend we keep an eye on these possibly renegade corsairs.
Incidently, ship classes were all Gunboats.

Chico out.

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Carlos_Benitez - 03-15-2008

---------Incoming Transmission-------------------------------

To: Corsairs
Source: The Battleship Talos, Omicron Gamma.

Today, a distress call was recieved from the Farmers Alliance. They where under attack by Blood Dragon (NovaPG) ships. We dispatched 3 fighters and 4 bombers to assist. Then, the Dragons brought in their flagship, and it was necesary to call in more bombers.

Eventually, our battle fleet moved in, and the cowardly dragons turned tail and ran into Chugoku. After regrouping, we followed, where they retreated yet further into their heavily fortified Shipyard system.
All resistance gone, we chose to remain and take prisoners.

65 Blood Dragon pilots are currently guests of the torturers on the Battleship Talos. Good job guys. Dragons are spineless, no doubt a few will crack, and then we will have yet more intel on the condition of the Outcast and Borderworld alliance fleet.

Viva los Corsairs. Viva Los Benitez

--------Transmission Ends-----------------

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Carlos_Benitez - 03-22-2008

To: Corsairs
Source: The Corsair Fighter Helius, flying through Omircron Theta.

This broadcast is to celebrate a triumph of our nation over our enemies.
Today, long range scanners detected Nomad ships passing through our territory. By the time a response force was assembled, they had already left our space and where headed to the Outcast stronghold of Omicron Alpha.
Eager to see both of our enemies destroy each other, our forces assembled at Freeport 9, ready to move in to finish off the remainder.
However, the brave pilots of the Colonial remnant, fearful of what might happen if the Nomads overthrew the Outcast forces, launched an attack from Tau-37 and concerntrated fire on the Nomad ships.
With this news, I ordered our fleet to move to Alpha and assist the Colonials. Shortly before our arrival, sounds or meriment where heared over the comm as the colossal Keepers flagship was obliterated. The Colonials successfully tractored all the debris, preventing it from falling into enemy hands.
Upon our arrival, myself, Ximen, Jose, Chico and many brave pilots from the Omega Pirates Guild and from indipendant families concerntrated fire on the remaining 2 nomad ships, destroying them. Our focus then shifted to the Outcast defence fleet. Alongside our Colonial friends, we systematicly obliterated every Outcast ship in proximity of their precious Planet Malta. Our gunboats then concerntrated fire on the docking ring, disabling their defence grid.
Marines onboard the gunboats where prepared to launch a ground assault, but scanners detected an incoming solar storm and we where forced to abandon the system. Whilst a sad end to an epic triumph, it ought not dampen the day's achievements.
  • We successfully prevented a Nomad incursion into the inner Edge.
  • We successfully prevented the Outcasts from gaining access to Nomad technology.
  • We severely damaged the Outcast's ability to both attack us and our allies, but also to defend their home.
  • We struck severe damage to their defence grid, which my experts tell me will be off-line for many days.
  • We took a number of prisoners that may yet provide useful tactical information.
I can only extend my congratulations to all those involved, and express the pride I have in our brave pilots.

Viva los Corsairs.

-----------Transmission Ends------------

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Carlos_Benitez - 03-23-2008

--------Incoming Transmission--------------------

To: The Benitez Family

Brothers, today our friends in the tech labs developed a new means of identifying ourselves over comm interlinks. This carrier wave identification system should not only prevent confusion while in conversation over comm frequencies, but may also strike fear into the hearts of our enemies when we broadcast war-cries.

Viva los Benitez

-------------Transmission terminated----------------------

OOC// Little to get excited about, I know, but behold our recently created (by me) user bar. Opinions welcome.
[Image: n4v9g3.jpg]
Code:
[url=http://z11.invisionfree.com/crete/index.php?][img]http://i28.tinypic.com/n4v9g3.jpg[/img][/url]

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - RingoW - 03-29-2008

Comm ID: Benito Huarez
To: Benitez family

First i want you to participate in a message i already have sent to TBH.

Brotherhood Message Dump

1. I may refresh your memory Carlos. Wasn't it you called a traitor once, was it? So please be careful with your words.
2. Since when a Corsair is calling our business "Smuggling". We do transportations. Only those so called "Lawfuls" are calling it smuggling.
3. Other routes? Via Omega 15? Junkers there are not interested in Artifacts and this space is filled with BHG, RM and Red Hessians. Going deeper into Rheinland isn't worth the risk.
Into Bretonia? Junkers there are thiefs. The price for Artifacts on Trafalgar isn't worth the risk getting catched by Bretonia forces. My family only do this run, because of neccessary goods for crete, you get not elsewhere.
So the best route is via Theta and Sigmas with destinations Yanagi and Hawaii. While Sigmas are dangerous enough, i love to wave our enemies in Theta. Because of the ceasefire they cannot do anything.
4. Have Harvester ever provided Food, Pharmaceuticals, Fertilizer, Construction Maschines, Customer Goods, Polymeres?
They need a safe passage through Gamma from Kappa. They are offering combat support against Outcasts. They tell you want you want to hear to get in their trap blindly and play their marionette. In their programms Corsairs are a useful variable, they need in their efforts against Zoners, using the mistrust between human beeings. There might be a time Corsairs are no longer useful to them. What will be then?
5. Zoner movement is settled all around Sirius, not only Corsair space. They are in need for compromises. An ally is not a combat supporter only. They are providing save havens and goods they have a shortage of their own. Sure, they have their benefits from, but Corsairs are doing the same. Its called economy business. It is a fact Zoners have done so much for the surviving of Corsairs and a better life on Crete, no other ally has ever done.
6. At last, a human being, even if it is an Outcast is closer to me than any mechanic beeings.

Huarez out

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Jose Benitez - 03-29-2008

Comm ID: Jose Benitez
To : Benito Huarez

Senor Huarez,

Since you have addressed this message to the entire Benitez family I would like to take the opportunity to respond to some of the points that you have made.

Since we consider ourselves as 'unlawful' as demonstrated by the fact that Corsair constantly talk about pirating traders, then by definition the movement of goods that are not legal in the areas we say are 'lawful' should be refferred to as smuggling.

It may very well be true that the mechancial devices known as Harversters have never provided Crete with food and other much needed supplies, but equally their existence has not resulted in a reduction of this commodity, or of it's shipment to Crete.

There is an old saying that runs to the effect that 'Mine enemies enemy is my friend', and this could very easily be applied to the Harvesters.

At this moment in time, I would agree that the Harvesters are an unknown quantity and that as such they should be treated with caution, however, every Outcast they kill is one less that we have to risk our lives and our childrens lives fighting.

I do not believe that there is much talk of an alliance with the Harvesters just a consideration to let them go about their business of killing Outcasts?

The famed neutrality of the Zoners is based on the opportunities it gives them to move freely around the systems earning money. There is nothing wrong with that whilst it meets the needs of both the Zoners and their customers. They don't shoot at people for the simple reason it makes it hard to get them to buy something after the battle!

The same applies to the safe havens in the shape of the Freeports where all are made welcome. Since everyone is a potential customer it would be unprofitable to restrict access to certain groups.

These actions are not the actions of an ally. They are the actions of an organisation with a view to maximising it's opportunities to make profit.

With regard to the AW they need to either be neutral to all, or they are allied to some, which in turn will make the hostile to others. It is as simple as that. If they are allied to our enemies then this will make them an enemy of ours - regardless of whether they claim to be neutral or not.

We have no control over where the Zoners (or anyone else) sells the goods that we produce on Crete. They could conceivably be selling them to Outcasts. These goods could then be turned into weapons and fitted to the ships that we are then required to defend Crete against. Does that make them allied to the Outcasts? Or does that make them profiteers? Or indeed something else?

Finally, I am not sure that a Cardamine taking human being is any closer to me than a machine. You could argue that the fighter that I climb into every day to make my daily combat patrols is a machine, and I would trust that much more than I would trust a Cardamine addicted Outcast.

I have tried to be as fair and non judgemental as possible in my response, and to put forward the facts as I see them. However, these are my thoughts and not the thoughts of the Benitez family on the whole.

Jose

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Carlos_Benitez - 03-29-2008

---------Incoming Transmission-------------------------
To: Elder Jose Benitez
Source: Myrtos Villa (Benitez HQ), Planet Crete

Amigo, thanks.
Your level-headed approach to diplomacy is a great help to me, and helps reduce my workload. Your recent transmission to Senor Huarez was, to put it bluntly, better than I would have done myself. Please keep up the good work. If you don't mind, I'd like to look into getting you a seat in the Council Chamber before they succumb to the pressure for it to be re-organised. It would be a great help to me.
Gracias.
Carlos B.

-------------Transmission Ends---------------------------

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Chico - 04-08-2008

Comm ID: Chico Benitez

To: Benitez Family

Crete came under bombardment last night from a fleet of Bounty Hunter cap-ships. No corsair ships were in system and Crete was left totally undefended. The Royal Fortune of the corsair regulars was scrambled and attempted to lure them away from Crete but they were too single minded on planetry bombardment. Royal sent out a distress call to all corsairs, a large fleet of whom were in Cambridge.

The response....."Sorry, we're busy with this Cambridge blockade.....",

Royals reply......."I'll tell your wife and kids back home on Crete then".

Then the bombardment started. A Benitez, 'Luis', responded however and another corsair regular 'Lorenzo' in an Osiris.
The Royal couldn't stand by and watch Crete be bombarded. She moved to engage.
It was at this moment that the OPG flag ship Torquemanda launched from Crete and, in a hail of fire and death, attacked the nearest enemy ship.
The firepower concentrated on the Torquemanda was phenomenal. How the CO was able to hang on to her for so long was testament to her and her crew. The Hunters ship that was targeted by the Torq and Royal had been destroyed. Torq was left a smoking hulk when the Royal turned and engaged the rest of the enemy fleet. A similar fate quickly followed for her.

The Lorenzo arrived shortly afterwards but facing overwhelming odds, was quickly overcome.
Luis Benitez continued to engage but in a VHF, was unable to halt the attack alone. His bravery and pilot skills however should be commended.

There were Battlecruisers, Destroyers, Gunboats and even a BH tagged Rheinland Battleship
I picked up some of the Royals crew and their captain which is how I came to know about it. They say the fight contiued afterward but in escape pods, they were unable to identify too much.
Apparantly, another OPG ship, Ivan, arrived in a totally outclassed gunboat and set about the bounty hunter fleet with a murderous white fury. Then, supported by a couple of ships the crew members had not seen before in Gamma, managed to turn the tide of the battle and force the BH back and eventually out of Gamma.

From their report, I would suggest that those who did respond, and fought like demons, should be commended. The commander and crew of the Torquemanda and The Lorenzo, Luis Benitez, OPG Ivan and his crew and the mysterious friends who came in our hour of need.

Incidently, a Junker trader says he saw the BH fleet massing in Theta at the Freeport.
This is an alarming escalation of the new bounty hunter incursions into Gamma. They are massing at the Freeports of Delta and Theta.

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Carlos_Benitez - 04-11-2008

//ooc. Guys. If you come across any of these idiots using Rheinland Battleships with Bounty Hunter IDs, and other unsuitable combinations, PLEASE take screenshots and report it to the admins. We're all sick of getting walked over by OORP fleets.

Benitez Secure Comm Channel - Lucend - 04-18-2008

Comm ID: Elder Juan Lucendez
To: All Elders and Centurions
ID Trace: Council of Corsair Elders, Capital City Planet Crete
CC: Carlos Benitez, Ximen Benitez, Zavier Benitez, Gentle

Displaying...

Greetings all. As some of you have already seen Captain Ben Laowai sent a personal communique to several high ranking leaders of our various organizations. I have a strong feeling that we need to discuss possible tactical strategies we must be prepared to initiate. The only diplomacy I see us using is to call in allies or get our message across.

Also, I believe our Centurions have a vast knowledge of in space experience and thus they are encouraged to participate in the discussions. As always, the OPG and Benitez familia may bring their ranking officers. I see this more as a summit to ascertain our battle-readiness and harden our hearts for the coming storm.

Thank you all.

//End Transmission.