Discovery Gaming Community
Server testing #13 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server testing #13 (/showthread.php?tid=58602)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Server testing #13 - Pingu! - 04-19-2011

Cannon, halp again.
After server restarted 2 times in a row, I started to lag out again, just few seconds after login. From last server testing (like 10), it was good, no lagouts, but today it started again.

Server testing #13 - Prysin - 04-20-2011

When server crashes nowdays it doubble crashes... Its rather nice as it usually just stay down for like 30 seconds to 3 minutes, its up for 2 minutes then crashes..

Be glad that it does that, on the old server, when it crashed, we got random lagspikes for the next 10 minutes as the server tried to stabilize itself

Server testing #13 - Cannon - 04-20-2011

Whoops. I see the problem. It crashed trying to prevent a crash...

Buggy model.

Server testing #13 - huadianz - 04-20-2011

I'm sure I check my hold. I've played on a similar system in SWWT, and read the instructions. However, the problem is that beginners will be going to helium, and if there was someone else before them, it will be empty. I addition, the Rhino is a crappy ship to helium in, and the Basalt is even worse since you will get blown up even faster. 3 rock shots with the Basalt and your hold is full...

Could you potentially allow the Rhino a bonus in the Penn Helium field only? Even if it is only a 25% boost, it would help new miners. Until then, I'm trading, since I don't feel comfortable going into the huge pirate infested fields in a Basalt.

Server testing #13 - Hielor - 04-20-2011

' Wrote:I'm sure I check my hold. I've played on a similar system in SWWT, and read the instructions. However, the problem is that beginners will be going to helium, and if there was someone else before them, it will be empty. I addition, the Rhino is a crappy ship to helium in, and the Basalt is even worse since you will get blown up even faster. 3 rock shots with the Basalt and your hold is full...

Could you potentially allow the Rhino a bonus in the Penn Helium field only? Even if it is only a 25% boost, it would help new miners. Until then, I'm trading, since I don't feel comfortable going into the huge pirate infested fields in a Basalt.
/restart Liberty and the pirates won't bother you.

Server testing #13 - tclnighthunt - 04-20-2011

Quote:/restart Liberty and the pirates won't bother you.

But if a new player uses this command instead of restart miner, his mining bonus in the helium field will be even worse. Additional he wont have any mining lasers etc...

I agree with Pandemic - A small bonus for penns helium would be nice for beginning miners

Server testing #13 - Cannon - 04-20-2011

I've tried it and Helium mining in Penn works fine with any ship in my opinion. In particular with a CSV it took but a moment to fill. I suggest trying this before commenting about it being broken.

Server testing #13 - huadianz - 04-21-2011

' Wrote:I've tried it and Helium mining in Penn works fine with any ship in my opinion. In particular with a CSV it took but a moment to fill. I suggest trying this before commenting about it being broken.

I have my Rhino parked in the field. When I logged on, shot a few rocks, and saw nothing come out, I killed the Rogues and just quit. It isn't working. Field still getting depleted.

Server testing #13 - Boss - 04-21-2011

Did you check your hold?

EDIT: Checking now, actually.

EDIT:

Fresh /restart Liberty.

Flew to the center of the field, stopping every 500m to shoot rocks.

Sat in the center for a good 5 minutes shooting rocks.

Nary a scrap of Helium to be found in my hold.

Server testing #13 - Cannon - 04-21-2011

Ah bother. The field wasn't depleted it was completely broken. I broke it when I increased the charge rate. Sorry. Try again.