Discovery Gaming Community
What is a pvpwhore? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What is a pvpwhore? (/showthread.php?tid=59859)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

What is a pvpwhore? - Ceoran - 05-13-2011

' Wrote:Talking is not RP either, by the same token.

Sirius is set up in a state of clinflict. There are lots of major wars going on. That kinda causes conflict. To not fight the various wars would be ignoring a large part of the environment.

Not all characters are fighters. It depends on the character if it is or not. Sure, in the case of any military pilot I would agree. If it's a pair of traders, I might even agree to the extend that they should move on while talking because they have a set schedule by their company.

However, Disco is usually full of people with ideas on strange characters, so I'm sure there are plenty of reasons out there for a civilian to do just that, sit in space and talk. Maybe even certain freelancers who have earned enough money to buy a sub-corporation so they don't need to work themselves anymore.
Maybe some guy happened to have seen a picture of one of the female officers and is now trying date her? (at least that's the most likely scenario in a community composed mostly of premature male individuals).

What is a pvpwhore? - Not Espi - 05-13-2011

' Wrote:[Image: Goldengirls460.jpg]
[Image: normal_betty_white.jpg]

What is a pvpwhore? - Not Espi - 05-13-2011

the bolded part is where i literally dropped my jaw.

' Wrote:For me a PvPwhore has always been a destructive element in the game. And by that I'm not only talking about destroying ships.
- a PvPwhore uses RP as an excuse for combat (if they have come far enough not read and understand the rules at all).
- a PvPwhore will apply any means possible to secure his/her blue message. This includes ganking to avoid being on the losing end of the fight as well as telling others not to interfere to increase your own chances to get the kill. Sometimes both in one person depending on the situation they are in.

' Wrote:only because you happen to write a new definition for the term doesn't mean we have to accept it.

' Wrote:As for the entire "PvP=RP"-movement:
No, it's not. While PvP may be a part of RP, it cannot substitute it, nor is it necessary for RP to take place at all.

to argue about this is quite pointless, i believe, but i will still try.

i will try to keep it simple and to the point. so - consider a gaian and a molly meet. both playing their parts properly? what happens? they sit down next to a fire, sing kumbaya and eat cookies while they exchange stories of past and memories of parental abuse?

What is a pvpwhore? - Cond0r - 05-13-2011

You see Martin, its a matter of perspective. Ceoran here flies a Kraken Sabre I bet, but only because he sits in space and wants to have a friendly chat with any Corsair he meets. Because his character earned enough money from the Corsairs (because they pay him to tell them jokes while they sit in space and sing songs), to buy off Malta.:lol:

Yes, Discovery would be much better in that case. I agree.

What is a pvpwhore? - Virus- - 05-13-2011

So I'm already a PvPwhore ? Cool. (sun)

What is a pvpwhore? - Backo - 05-13-2011

All my characters are in combat orientated factions (as in, not zoners or any other shipping company). So I guess I'm a PvPwhore. Oh well, I'll live with that.

What is a pvpwhore? - Slartibartfast - 05-13-2011

What is a 'slut'? A term invented by the haters, for the haters. :cool:

What is a pvpwhore? - Mao - 05-13-2011

What is a PvPwhore? The above individual is.

What is a pvpwhore? - Brix - 05-13-2011

how about all of us PvPwhores make a group, and i will be PvPpimp, and we can rent our services in <strike>Free</strike> ports to some lonely <strike>traders</strike> sailors who need company, and we can be rich, and.....oh crap, this feels like RP. Damn. Back to drawing board. :crazy:

What is a pvpwhore? - michiyl - 05-13-2011

' Wrote:how about [...]
... locking this thread? :mellow: