Discovery Gaming Community
White Cells and Faction Permissions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: White Cells and Faction Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=61470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Chill? I'm extremely calm and controlled. Please note where I wasn't being civil? I was merely pointing you in the direction you should be heading if you feel there is abuse.

If you honestly feel there is abuse you should contact an admin. If you honestly think there is abuse you would contact and admin. Since you say you don't feel the need, your claims of abuse is merely a claim to support your wishes.
Replying in irritation with comment's like "Jesus." and all-caps led me to believe that. If I was mistaken, okay.

And no, I've been here for a long time, and only once have I ever gone to the admins (reporting swearing).

I'm not the tattletale type, but if that's all I can do here, I may just do that. This topic was me trying to take a lesser step first, don't assume otherwise.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - DarthBindo - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I'm not the tattletale type, but if that's all I can do here, I may just do that. This topic was me trying to take a lesser step first, don't assume otherwise.
Overhauling an entire system isn't a "lesser" step.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Primitive - 06-14-2011

Quote:What does the community have to say about this?

So Hexx, final summation !

If they would give out tech and two honest people would write two good RP stories. One would get ship and other one wouldn't. But you think the other one had so much more potential and was a lot of better written then the first one who got the ship, would you think they're abusing their power as well then ?

Furthermore most of the white cells exist so this game wouldn't be more dull then it is and to grant people some freedom, in RP you would REALLY HAVE TO BE DAMN USEFUL TO THE EMPIRE (and I can point out reavers were damn useful to earn those guns). But if we would apply any normal logic from the real world, one would hardly get a ship from a faction unless he is almost considered part of them.

People can always play as corsair if they want corsair guns, and if you look at corsairs story, they're hard on foreigners and they laugh at their own people using foreign technology (even if some players make me laugh on that behalf).

So, system is not broken, just adjusted by the roleplay factions go through.

Quote:Of course. Such is life, si?

Si senor :)

White Cells and Faction Permissions - mwerte - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Factions should not be a part of the equation, as it leads to bias, abuse, and this.
Then what should the equation be?

White Cells and Faction Permissions - dodike - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Then what should the equation be?
Puretech of course.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I'm not the tattletale type, but if that's all I can do here, I may just do that. This topic was me trying to take a lesser step first, don't assume otherwise.

Informing the admins a faction leader is abusing his power isn't tattle taling. It is doing your part as a member of this community. If a faction leader is indeed abusing his power, he should be reported. Period.

Saying you aren't the tattletale type means you are fine with a faction leader abusing his power so long as he abuses it and you benefit from it.

' Wrote:I told you too bad after the reasoning was explained several times. Just because I lead a faction does not mean I have to sit here and wait until you are satisfied with my answers, because you know what? As long as I disagree with you, you are never going to be satisfied with my answers. You see, it's like I am a psychic, I know how these "discussions" go. I repeated explain myself, and someone, very much like you, disagrees with me, and will continue to argue with me until I leave the discussion or get annoyed. Either way, it isn't productive. Which is why I am just going to leave the thread.

If you don't like the way I run my faction and you think it's abuse, complain to the admins. If you think me not staying here and giving in to your demands that we change is not the way a faction should run, well all I can say is too bad.
Well, it's true. We don't agree with eachother, so this could go on forever. But I for one am open to reasonable discussion between two parties, as opposed to a conversation ending "Too bad.". That said, maybe there's no more to be said.

The fact is that unique equipment adds to RP. Should it be universally allowed? No. Should it be regulated? Yes. By whom? By the factions? Perhaps, but when a faction just decides to kill any change of this, there's a problem. Why? Because the admins didn't lock down white cell tech for a reason. They locked down red cells. They left white cells as a system to ALLOW the tech with RP reasoning, and they gave that RESPONSIBILTY to factions to regulate it. This is not talking about RP, this is talking about an established rule system.

As it sits, between the alleged Skype deals, and arguable other forms of abuse, there's clearly more than a few flaws in this system, and as a continually evolving server, it's completely within reason to discuss methods of fixing such flaws.

But in the end, there's not much more to say here. I brought it up, and now I know your stance on this. Perhaps it should be left to the admins now.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:But if we would apply any normal logic from the real world, one would hardly get a ship from a faction unless he is almost considered part of them.

People can always play as corsair if they want corsair guns, and if you look at corsairs story, they're hard on foreigners and they laugh at their own people using foreign technology (even if some players make me laugh on that behalf).

This is very valid in regards to the Corsairs. They view their technology as superior and they view everyone else as lower beings. They aren't going to hand out their superior technology to lower beings. Those lower beings need to prove they aren't really lower beings.

Most tech requests don't prove your character isn't a lower being.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - DarthBindo - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:But in the end, there's not much more to say here. I brought it up, and now I know your stance on this. Perhaps it should be left to the admins now.
Quit threatening us and just do it already.

' Wrote:Informing the admins a faction leader is abusing his power isn't tattle taling. It is doing your part as a member of this community. If a faction leader is indeed abusing his power, he should be reported. Period.

Saying you aren't the tattletale type means you are fine with a faction leader abusing his power so long as he abuses it and you benefit from it.
Honestly? :\

Give me a break. I made topic to talk about prior to turning it into some grand admin discussion. Now you're just insulting me.

And for the record I think either the admins should be the prime part of the equation, or that official factions should be more openminded compared to what I see. I'm not saying they don't reserve the right to reject any given instance, but turning white cells to red cells is in effect undermining the very system that the admins created for a reason. Otherwise there would be no white cells in the first place.

And I'm not threatening you, Bindo. Don't be so dramatic, please. This is still just a game; the point is just whether the way things are being handled could be done so in a more agreeable way. Thanks for the giant letters though, that was exciting.