Discovery Gaming Community
Is Sirius too big? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Is Sirius too big? (/showthread.php?tid=76084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Is Sirius too big? - Oorn - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:I vote for vanilla sirius, or even more shrinked\cutted.

Expand and improve systems rather than add. Finally, make bigger plantes, bigger nebulaes, claud patches...It does not feel like a space right now.

Terminate, eliminate or annihilate (chose right definition) non-vanilla factions, add more civilian stuff and we will be happy.
NO! Don't kill keepers/SCRA/wilde/order!
/sarcasm

But seriously, amount of systems in vanilla was just fine, everything was unique and had some kind of interesting relations between factions. Give systems to factions mentioned and everything will be PARFECTO.

Is Sirius too big? - Harley.Quinn - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:May be we should to decreas RP stright a bit? I mean, if you got sair's GB and you want to place it in NT, hiding in Hogosha base for exmpl. You will probably need to make some posts to base autority, to faction lead.... they will ask you to do something, then they will think about your request. It's to real...
Removing some RP stirght could realy increas levl of activity and fun.
Oh... and about long RP interactions.... many comes here to play, not to chat much.

Well,good playing is commonly associated with good and long RPs,without RP there is no point of playing this game...

"many comes here to play, not to chat much."
Hmm,i'm sure there are lots of multiplay games which doesn't need much chat and others... So why do you prefer playing Freelancer?becouse it's different from other games with it's wonderful RP stories and communications...

Is Sirius too big? - CzeReptile - 03-07-2012

Its big since everybody needs his "unique" system. Deletion of 50 % system is simple solution.

owait, the whining.

Lol.

Is Sirius too big? - Friday - 03-07-2012

Actually a bigger chat window would be a great help.

It is really annoying trying to RP, when you cant even finish a sentence because of the pathetically small text string I can type!

Is Sirius too big? - rwx - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:Deletion of 50 % system is simple solution.

Start with Connecticut. [Image: zeitunglesen.gif]

Is Sirius too big? - Klaus Lange - 03-07-2012

" Do we really need a Cryer player faction? REALLY? "

Yes. Like many other factions, which made this game wonderful.

" Cut down the number of systems in half. That would solve everyone's problem. Well, almost everyone's. Activity would sky-rocket because people would have more fun. People would have more fun because they would run into each other more frequently. "

Controversial proposition, but it can solve problem.

" Sirius is not too big.
YOU are too SMALL, so try becomin' a lil bigger!
Tips for this include talking to others within the game. "

I'm trying, like others. But often it's impossible due to too vast world in relation to number of players.

" But still,i think the Sirius is too big as it is now.So for the past two years i suggested reducing the number of systems and increasing the number of server slots for players. "

I agree.

" The devs/admins made a huge mistake bringing in Freelancer/Pirate IDs. Everyone go's to them now so they can use any ship/any weapon follow no RP at all except PvP/Pirate anything they want. There is no RP behind these IDs so players have no RP to follow. "

I agree too. If you want be trader/miner, join official faction. FL ID with strictly limited size of allowed cargo bay. Rather low. And no Pirate ID. How lonely pirate can exist? He need base to sleep, resupply... If you want to pirate, join faction which can. RHA, AGS...

" Removing some RP stirght could realy increas levl of activity and fun.
Oh... and about long RP interactions.... many comes here to play, not to chat much. "

RP is main core of playing Disco.

I suggest reducing Gallia, guard systems two per house - one for lawfuls one for revolutionaries/bandits. Players on level higher than 60 (for example) should be obligated to join at leat one official faction. And no indies.

Of course that's all if player maximum capacity can not be highered. Why? Software? Server?
And activity problem started since change of version. What exactly caused it? Too much space? Changes in storyline? I see admins and devs are also reading this, please, take part in discussion. You see much more than normal players. And, short weekly report about what exactly in 4.86 you're working on now, won't hurt, but can help maintain interest of players in Disco.

Is Sirius too big? - Klaus Lange - 03-07-2012

" Actually a bigger chat window would be a great help.

It is really annoying trying to RP, when you cant even finish a sentence because of the pathetically small text string I can type! "

You have absolutely right.

Is Sirius too big? - Oorn - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:" The devs/admins made a huge mistake bringing in Freelancer/Pirate IDs. Everyone go's to them now so they can use any ship/any weapon follow no RP at all except PvP/Pirate anything they want. There is no RP behind these IDs so players have no RP to follow. "

I agree too. If you want be trader/miner, join official faction. FL ID with strictly limited size of allowed cargo bay. Rather low. And no Pirate ID. How lonely pirate can exist? He need base to sleep, resupply... If you want to pirate, join faction which can. RHA, AGS...

No, freelancer/pirate id shouldn't be removed no matter what. Staying independent is important feature discovery has and many other rp servers of other MMOs lack. Nerfing the hell out of it is the other thing.
Like to buy any non civilian ship you have to get faction permission.
Like to enter house/faction space you have to get house/faction permission.
Like if you don't have permission navy/pirates can just pewpew you.

' Wrote:Of course that's all if player maximum capacity can not be highered. Why? Software? Server?
And activity problem started since change of version. What exactly caused it? Too much space? Changes in storyline? I see admins and devs are also reading this, please, take part in discussion. You see much more than normal players. And, short weekly report about what exactly in 4.86 you're working on now, won't hurt, but can help maintain interest of players in Disco.

I think many left disco after release because of "betrayed expectations" .
Everyone expected 4.86 to be revolutional and...

Well, it wasn't. In fact nothing changed.

If now we take "factionlancer revolution" approach so many propose...

Well, it will be revolutional.

Is Sirius too big? - Lonely_Ghost - 03-07-2012

Quote:I think many left disco after release because of "betrayed expectations" .
Everyone expected 4.86 to be revolutional and...

Well, it wasn't. In fact nothing changed.

That the point, cause in some aspects, things became worse.

Is Sirius too big? - Lonely_Ghost - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:That the point, cause in some aspects, things became worse.