Discovery Gaming Community
Practicing with guns - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Practicing with guns (/showthread.php?tid=76313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Practicing with guns - Luka - 03-17-2012

'K, I'm in Conn right now with a Stinger, did several duels and I can't actually believe I won once:shok::shok::shok:
Are you serious??????!!!! How can I ever win with guns???????:blink:

Practicing with guns - Helo - 03-17-2012

It's doable. I know many people who'd turn your ship to scrap without using missiles, but only guns.
I prefer the usual 2/4 loadout for fighters and EMP/snac for bombers.
Missiles only for cruisers since they can be eff. in deshielding battleships.

But with good sniping aim, MR and full hullbusters will be effective too.

Practicing with guns - Luka - 03-17-2012

' Wrote:It's doable. I know many people who'd turn your ship to scrap without using missiles, but only guns.

Yeah, everyone:laugh:

' Wrote:I prefer the usual 2/4 loadout for fighters and EMP/snac for bombers.
Missiles only for cruisers since they can be eff. in deshielding battleships.

But with good sniping aim, MR and full hullbusters will be effective too.

what 2/4?:mellow:
also, I have right now 8.33 for practicing at spraying, so I can shoot while I evade, so I can be able to fire while flying defensively and no need for flying offensively and eating the other guys shoots like a cheating practice target.

Practicing with guns - Govedo13 - 03-17-2012

2 means- 2 shield busters
4 means 4 hull busters
you need more training as it seems , however you got the ropes, I hope that with Goddess you would do better then with flashpoints.

Practicing with guns - Luka - 03-18-2012

' Wrote:2 means- 2 shield busters
4 means 4 hull busters
you need more training as it seems , however you got the ropes, I hope that with Goddess you would do better then with flashpoints.

So I got the purple goddess you told me, tested into in a Texas siege against RM bombers and wraiths and I didn't hit anything, would have tried but was getting ganked and ran out of nan, then a haughty guy (AKA standard RM RP) with a GB blown up my ship. and I hate losing more than love winning:mellow:

Also tried seeing if there were people in conn, but mostly caps and no one to practice, anyone in there right now?

I'm also uploading a video made with fraps to youtube of a Conn duel, shows how much I suck at aiming, but I don't get how does it upload so slow....:mellow:

Edit: it is still around 25%:shok:

:shok:

Ok, finally Video's up......I took more than a hour to upload 31 seconds?????!!!:shok:

the mouse sensitivity is pretty ok since it lets me evade, lower than that and I eat the shots; my aiming is still the worst, it's that I never put the pointer above the dot, and sometimes I do it doesn't hit either, I overshot a lot and have trouble aiming while evading.

Practicing with guns - Madvillain - 03-18-2012

If you fly that fast you will have more difficulty with aiming...

' Wrote:If you fly that fast you will have more difficulty with aiming...

yeah, I just tried to not go so fast and I ate ALL the shots.....

Um.....Been in conn practicing, and I warned about it.
I actually got worse than before I started practicing, fought against a bomber, tried gliding around it and stillgot hit with snac, thne against a low fitted surveyor and exploded too.
Not to mention the RM bomber in texas that I never hit (looks like BDM|U-whatever was right about how much I suck.....or was that a fraking curse!?) anybody wanna try and come with a starflier? I guess whoever comes with one wins........

Also my evasion now sucks, so I completely suck at pvp now.....:(

Anybody else around? else should I get a missile ship again?:mellow: