Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad and Wild players - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Nomad and Wild players (/showthread.php?tid=87316)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Nomad and Wild players - Hone - 09-13-2012

' Wrote:Open Nomad tech to all and we can have another Nomad War. :happy:

And all the people who just want to shoot stuff can go play nomads, and not mess up faction diplomacy. Might be best to restrict them to the Omicrons at first though, see how it goes.

Nomad and Wild players - Swallow - 09-13-2012

' Wrote:And all the people who just want to shoot stuff can go play nomads, and not mess up faction diplomacy. Might be best to restrict them to the Omicrons at first though, see how it goes.

It will make Omicrons really a rough place.

Nomad and Wild players - SnakThree - 09-13-2012

' Wrote:It will make Omicrons really a rough place.
It would make them the place they are ought to be.

As in, dangerious. Like. Really.

Nomad and Wild players - Swallow - 09-13-2012

Is it only me, or someone else find it a bit of a genius idea?

Nomad and Wild players - Vrabcek - 09-13-2012

Then why dont you simply buy yourself the nomad morph and fly with the K'hara or wilds?...

The nomad morph has been buffed with pure nomad technology.

' Wrote:Me seeing some Nomad/Wilde Idling around to get the required hours
Pathetic

You are pathetic because again you discredit a nomad faction with your lies.

Nomad and Wild players - Oorn - 09-13-2012

' Wrote:And all the people who just want to shoot stuff can go play nomads, and not mess up faction diplomacy. Might be best to restrict them to the Omicrons at first though, see how it goes.

Well, how many times this was said and nothing was done. Not saying bad thing though.
If it was to happen I would like them to be restricted to GBs and smaller. Although rules if engagement similar to morphs outside of omicrons would be nice (no ZOE restriction).
Idea is nomad raids into houses that Khara is leading.

Nomad and Wild players - SparkyRailgun - 09-13-2012

' Wrote:Is it only me, or someone else find it a bit of a genius idea?

Well, I am a genius, that's for sure.:happy:

I am however pretty sure it's been suggested in the past.
A lot has changed in recent times, perhaps now it can actually be achieved.
It will however, need the agreement of not only the Keepers or K'Hara or whatever the hell they are called, but also the administration (for the rules) and the development team, most importantly the balancing devs (to ensure that the equipment is balance for mass-use).

I feel like getting them all to agree is unlikely.:smile2:

Nomad and Wild players - Narcotic - 09-13-2012

' Wrote:Open Nomad tech to all and we can have another Nomad War. :happy:

That'll be cool.

What about that Nomad ID, which isn't purchaseable currently?

Quote:Nomad ID

Pilot carrying this ID is a Nomad, who :

Can freely engage any ship in the Omicrons, except for Omicron Alpha and Omicron Gamma.
Cannot leave the Omicrons.
Cannot demand credits.
Cannot land anywhere except Nomad or Wild bases.

Allowed ships: Nomad Fighters and Bombers

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Nomad_ID

Nomad and Wild players - Govedo13 - 09-13-2012

' Wrote:You know why most go " Nomad Kill it! " It is because alot, and I MEAN ALOT! of players are getting real sick of a select few having access to ships/gear/RP that rest of server does not have access to.
You know why it is always 5 on 1? It is because you are a closed faction with no indies to help out. For example do you think LN could stop the hordes of pirates that come into Liberty alone with no indies? NO! they would be 1 on 5 just like you guys. But alas there are always some indies around to help out. Do you think LN could stop the rhienland raids in Liberty alone without indies? NO! they would again be fighting 1 on 5 odds.
So whining your gear is equal to rest of the freaking server, and then bitching you get ganked 5 on1 when you want to be a closed faction, with no Indies? Well Boo fracking Hoo!

Now you claim it is easy to becaome a member. I looked at "how to become a nomad" but many do not want to cater to others, or bend over and do others RP. That is why Freelancer, and Pirate ships are seen more then most. Also look at any group/faction in game, and you will find the Indies for each far out numbers the Officials.

This is a game, and as such players want access to all, and everything in the game. Sure you may have to grind for stuff, but having some "elitest" or "vet" players saying you need to do "this" or "that" to use "OUR" gear and IDs is utter BS. This upsets people, so they take it out on these "special" players ingame by ganking them 5 on 1. Do not like it? Make the ID and ships open to all like SCRA did. As anyone in that faction will tell you. It did not ruin them. Now if you suddenly come back with "but we are special" " we have different RP" then you are proving my points above. See you in game. I will be one of the 5 ganking your 1 just because i can.
Well he summed whole nomad thing rather perfect- strange for ryoken but he stated only facts, same for Kanga.
About me being pathetic well:
http://discoverygc.com/server/activity_summary_20120913.html
Wilde and Nomads have less activity then 90% of the normal factions and combined less activity then minor faction like Xenos that does not have own caps or own anything except own fighter guns, xenos cannot also fly GBs but yes they got more activity then you with the "special" closed factions with ton of good gear.:lol: I bet that the facts show very well who is pathetic and who is telling lies in the forum.

Nomad and Wild players - Vrabcek - 09-13-2012

Govedo, do you think the wilds are flying only their tagged characters?...

So yes, pathetic.