Discovery Gaming Community
Thoughts That Win - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Thoughts That Win (/showthread.php?tid=14101)

RE: Thoughts That Win - Zen_Mechanics - 09-06-2014

Executive Mansion, Washington, November 21, 1864.

Mrs. Bixby, Boston, Massachusetts:

Dear Madam: I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours very sincerely and respectfully,

edit, forgot I submitted this before, excuse - but none the less.. motivating.
Abraham Lincoln.

RE: Thoughts That Win - Zen_Mechanics - 09-09-2014

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth"

Friedrich Nietzsche

RE: Thoughts That Win - n00bl3t - 09-10-2014

"There are no moral phenomena at all, but only a moral interpretation of phenomena." - Friedrich Nietzsche.

RE: Thoughts That Win - Zen_Mechanics - 09-10-2014

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily towards your goal.

-Bruce Lee

RE: Thoughts That Win - Zen_Mechanics - 09-15-2014

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Christopher hitchens

RE: Thoughts That Win - Fluffyball - 09-29-2014

Welcome to Discovery, where NPC Trader exiting TL is more lethal than NPC Pirate in gunboat.
- me & several other players

RE: Thoughts That Win - Zen_Mechanics - 09-30-2014

“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will provide plenty of time for silence.”

Christopher Hitchens

RE: Thoughts That Win - lIceColon - 10-11-2014

People who work hard think they deserve better while in reality nobody deserves to work hard.
(selfquote)

RE: Thoughts That Win - Fluffyball - 10-12-2014

Lythrilux is Cicero of Discovery.
- Me

RE: Thoughts That Win - Derkylos - 10-12-2014

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -I forget (possibly anon.)