Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - lIceColon - 04-28-2014

The crew of the Halt, who had been hibernating for so long that their body fat evolved cloaking devices, uncloaked to see the back of the admin who seemed to be dissapointed at the spilt coffee. The spilt coffee made its way across the floor to the face of the skipper of the Halt, who took a stealthy slurp. It had no effect on his sleepiness.
The Halt crew couldn't be arsed staying awake any longer so they resumed their hibernation, the cloaks burning away at their fat for fuel, which would be sustained for the coming century. It was a better weight loss program than being awake.

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - Jonas Valent - 04-28-2014

Jonas gets woken up out of his slumber when his office communicator starts ringing. He debates whether to answer it or not. He looks over at it and sees it is Captain Aryn.

"I wonder what the Captain wants" he wonders. "Probably just some new regulation that we will have to start enforcing. I let it ring a few more times and then get it. This chair is just way to comfortable to get out of unnecessarily."

After 4 more rings Jonas sighs and gets up and answers the communicator.

"VALENT" Captain Aryn screams. "Where have you been? We have an emergency here and I need you to take care of it."

"What do you need Captain?

Captain Aryn explains that one of the Admins went to Sunbucks for coffee and that the waitress spilled coffee all over him. After hearing this Jonas starts to laugh uncontrollably.

"Damn it Valent, This isn't funny." Captain Aryn screams.

"I'm sorry Sir, but it is kind of funny. The mighty ADMIN laid low by a cup of coffee."

"Shut up Valent That ADMIN could squash you like a bug. Now here is your assignment. I know about your Sunbucks X-5 coffeemaker you installed in your Waran. This AI equipped coffeemaker of yours better be all that its cracked up to be. We need the best cup of coffee in Sirius delivered to that ADMIN immediately."

"Don't worry sir, Cara won't let us down."

Captain Aryn stares at Jonas for a moment."You named your coffeemaker?"

"Umm... Well........That's what she said her name was when I installed her."

"Alright whatever. Just get some coffee to him immediately. No screwing around here Valent. Get it done NOW."

Jonas runs out of his office to the elevator. He immediately notices the big sign next to the elevator. "This elevator is currently undergoing maintenance."

"Noooooooooo" Jonas screams. "It's 40 flights of stairs down to the flight deck."

He runs to the stairwell door and heads down the stairs. After 15 flights of stairs he is winded, after 30 he is gasping for breath, after 40 he can barely stand up. Just as he thinks he cant go on he reaches the flight deck.

"Wow I really need to lay off the donuts" Jonas says to himself.

He runs across the deck to his SWAT Waran bomber and jumps into the cockpit.He begins to start up the ship. He then reaches over and turns on his Sunbucks X-5 coffeemaker.The coffeemaker starts to boot up and soon a bubbly female voice issues out of its speaker.

"Hey Jonas, Its me Cara. That's Cara with a C. How are you today?

"Cara, Your talents are desperately needed."

"Jonas, You've had 8 coffees already today. I'm a coffeemaker and even I find that to be excessive."

"No no its not for me. One of the Admins landed at Fort Bush and went to Sunbucks. Most of the staff fled for their lives and out of the two remaining waitresses one fled in terror after the Admin spoke to her and then the other spilled scorching hot coffee on him."

"Oh no Jonas That's awful. I've always said that AI coffeemakers were better then human coffeemakers. We are just so much better then you humans at some things."

"Whatever Cara just make up some of that coffee while we are en route to Fort Bush. Makes sure you put some of that milk stuff on top. This ADMIN has been waiting for awhile and our lives might depend on this cup of coffee."

"No problem Jonas. One cup of the bestest coffee ever is coming right up."

Cara starts the brewing process while Jonas launches into Manhattan orbit. Upon entering orbit he immediately notices an Outcast Battleship near Manhattan.

"What is with all these Outcast Battleships flying around New York lately. It doesn't make any sense."

"Whatever" he says and engages his cloaking device. "This cloak sure does come in handy."

Jonas flies past the unsuspecting Outcast and enters the tradelane to Fort Bush. In moments he is outside Fort Bush and notices one of the legendary Venators parked next to Fort Bush.He also sees dozens of ships frantically trying to flee the station.

"Yup I guess this is the right place"

He transmits his docking codes and lands at the station.

"Cara, I hope that coffee is ready." Jonas says.

"It sure is. I just finished it. Its the bestest coffee I have ever made. I even put a cherry on top."

"Good Work Cara. Wish me luck."

Jonas exits the cockpit careful not to spill any coffee. He walks down the corridor towards Sunbucks and doesn't see a soul around. He enters Sunbucks and sees the Admin sitting alone at a table. The ADMIN glares at Jonas as he walks over.

"Hello Sir, My name is Sergeant Jonas Valent. I want to tell you how terribly sorry we are for this fiasco. I have brought you the best cup of coffee in Sirius though. I used my personal Sunbucks X-5 coffeemaker to ensure it would be the best coffee Sunbucks has to offer."

"Here is your coffee mighty ADMIN."

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - Doc Holliday - 04-30-2014

Doc was tired from his travels, going all over Sirius and Gallia to keep ADMIN law and at the advice of his friend, Garrett, he showed up at Sunbucks. His ADMIN badge present, he sat next to Garrett and pointed at his coffee, "I'll take the same, black." He then managed a smile, "Thank you."
He then turned to Garrett, "So, partner, I take it you've had about as much fun out there as I have. Shall we compare some reports?

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - Garrett Jax - 05-01-2014

Garrett Jax was just about to investigate some odd slurping noises in the back corner, when a Liberty Police officer stormed inside Sunbucks, carefully holding in his hands what appeared to be a cup of coffee. The officer looked as if he just woke up and ran a marathon on his way over.

Now that's customer service.

The officer introduced himself as a Sergeant Jonas Valent. Only a sergeant? Do any of the leaders actually work? Any thoughts of being slighted disappeared as Garrett took the cup of coffee from the officer. He thanked him and took a sip.

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, [Admin]Doc Holliday beamed to his table, seated in a chair right beside him. Caught by surprise, Garrett instinctively spewed out a mouthful of coffee onto the poor officer who was equally surprised at the appearance of the second Admin.

Garrett took a napkin and started cleaning the mess, again. So, that's how mortals feel when we pop in like that, he thought. I nearly crapped myself.

Doc placed an order for a cup of black coffee to Sergeant Valent. The look on the officer's face was priceless. Garrett didn't even think the officer realized yet that his face was dripping with coffee. To have two Admins sitting together, waiting to enjoy a drink, had to be overwhelming for him.

Garrett decided to help him out. He reached for his SCAB and typed in a simple command: .beam Sergeant Valent X-5 coffeemaker. Immediately, the officer disappeared.

There. I hope that doesn't give him a heart attack. These mortals are so fragile sometimes.

He turned to Doc. "So, have you read about the latest happenings on the Temple?" asked Garrett. "I'm currently working on a way to solve our resulting coffee shortage."

Garrett took a sip of his coffee and smiled. Finally. The warm brew danced upon his tongue and warmed him clear to his toes. Yep, I think I've found a satisfying coffee supplement to the Temple's brew.

"Doc, when you're coffee arrives," said Garrett. "Let me know what you think. I might let this police group take my Venator for a run around Manhattan if you find their coffee satisfactory."

Doc's eyebrows perked up when he heard Garrett mention the Venator.

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - Doc Holliday - 05-01-2014

"A trip in your venator. Now that's quite a tip!" Doc responded.
Doc then intercepted the young Sergeant, making a downward patting motion with his open hands, "Relax....and bring a cup for yourself...on me!"

He turned to Garrett, "Yes, I did read something about the coffee shortage. I see it as a few problems rolled into one. We have millions drinking it, few places that can grow it and absolutely NO trade market for it."

His coffee arrived by a more relaxed Sergeant who took a seat next to him at Doc's request. He stirred the coffee in thought before drinking it. "Too bad Gran Canaria is getting cold. It would have been perfect to grow it."

He looked at Garrett, "Erie or even Gaia come to mind but the Gaians would have a fit. Yes, Garrett my friend, we must find a solution to this problem."

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - t0l - 05-01-2014

Damn, I could really use some Sunbucks right about now. thought Tal Ravis, who flew past Rochester Base in his trusty Roc bomber, nearly identical to the one he flew in service with the LPI over a year ago. Trapped out in the Tau systems with the Colonial Republic and later the Junker Marauders, he saw little interaction with his former co-workers and more importantly, Sunbucks brand coffee. Having gone through a harrowing period of withdrawal symptoms, which included stomach cramps, tendency to take extremely long showers to "wash the pain away" followed by the act of curling up on a bed and crying for an hour or two, and going on a violent streak every now and again, in combination with being dismissed from the hospital in Cambridge made coming into contact with the glorious substance once more seemed almost like a really pungent and tasty dream.

The Roc bomber aligned itself with the trade lane, accelerating rapidly towards Baltimore Shipyard and Fort Bush. An extremely large ship, presumably for war, greeted his eyes as he departed from the trade lane. Not knowing much better, he dismissed it for some fancy-shmancy Navy Security whatever experiment and docked onboard Fort Bush.

The police station seemed to be bustling with people, officers and the occasional merchant filled the hallways. It felt almost like it did a year ago, when he had his first cup of Sunbucks coffee here, chatting away with a fellow officer, a Carina something or another.

As he made his way down to Sunbucks, the hallways seemed to get emptier and emptier, almost as if people were avoiding the Sunbucks cafe here, for some odd reason. No matter, I came here to get coffee and coffee I will get. While en-route, he skimmed over the plans to get free coffee in his mind.

Should I use the forged LPI ID that I have with me? Or do they give out free coffee to former LPI officers as well? I can't recall, but, just to be safe...

He reached the entrance, forged LPI ID in hand, but the cafe seemed to be dead silent. He stood in the doorway, confused, staring at the only three men in the room, one of which was in uniform. Something happened in the span of one year, he thought, and it was serious.

Very serious.

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - Bauer - 05-01-2014

It's been four years since Deputy Chief Jack Bauer last set foot in Sunbucks. Since the previous visits were less than memorable experiences, and with the installation of a coffee fountain in his office, he's never had reason to visit. So when the fountain broke, he thought he'd better get some coffee in him before someone got killed.

As he walked down the unusually empty hallways, the coffeeless Deputy Chief was too far lost to notice the giant Venator parked outside.

It was only until he reached Sunbucks when he snapped out of it and noticed everyone was gone, aside from someone standing in the doorway. Looking past the suspiciously familiar person, Jack noticed why everyone was gone.

I just want some coffee, Jack thought, as he cried a little on the inside.

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - Garrett Jax - 05-01-2014

As Garrett and Doc discussed the merits of Sunbucks coffee, Venators and the pitfalls of low supply and high demand economics, the little cafe was starting to fill up. First, there was Sergeant Valent sitting with the two Admins, nodding his head slowly, pretending he knew exactly what they were both talking about. Next, there was a determined looking fellow standing at the door, trying a little too hard not to look guilty. Behind him, was a sharp dressed man in uniform that wore a concerned expression on his face and looked a bit lost.

Garrett noticed the fellow was holding some sort of LPI credentials. He must be high ranked. Finally, these mortals are showing us some respect around here.

Garrett excused himself from Doc and approached the fellow by the door. "Mortal, I wish to convey to you my thoughts on your staff and the coffee I just sampled."

Garrett reached into his coat pocket and grabbed a set of keys.

"You have a fine establishment here," Garrett told the startled looking fellow. Your officers went out of their way to help me and I appreciate that. The coffee was divine and I may make arrangements in the near future for one of your kiosks to be installed at the Temple. You should be proud of what you have here. Thank you for the coffee."

With that, Garrett handed the confused looking officer the keys to the Venator. "Be careful with my ship," he cautioned. "No scratches, no removing equipment from it and when I come back for it in a week, it had better be clean. Do I make myself clear?"

The officer nodded and took the keys.

"Good," said Garrett. "I'll be back in one week."

Garrett and Doc walked out of the cafe together. Behind them, was a confused looking man holding the set of keys to Garrett's Venator, a sharp dressed man in uniform with an angry expression on his face and a Sergeant slowly reaching for his tazer...

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - t0l - 05-01-2014

Tal looked down into his hand, where a set of keys to the large warship parked outside laid. With a confused look on his face, he looked up at the officer by the table, who drew something out of a holster. His police instinct immediately identified the item as a tazer, and it didn't take him long to know that the projectile would be fired at him. He looked to his right and saw Jack Bauer, and stared at him for a good second or two. As the Sergeant took aim, he raised his hands, ID in one hand and keys in the other.

"Now, now," he said, cautiously, bending his knees in a motion that represented getting down in submission, "I'm sure we can share, so let's work this one out like the officers we all are here."

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - Jonas Valent - 05-01-2014

Sergeant Valent stares down the "Former" LPI Officer holding the keys to the ADMIN's Venator with his tazer ready.

"Im gonna give you one chance. Now drop those keys and slowly back away or I am gonna taze you till the battery runs out on this thing.You are no longer a LPI officer. So you don't get to play with our fancy toys anymore."

"So drop those keys and that forged LPI ID and scram."

Valent looks over at Deputy Chief Bauer who is slowly nodding his approval.

"Alright now, Hand them keys over or this will get ugly fast."