Discovery Gaming Community
[Infopage] Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [Infopage] Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=135495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Skorak - 03-20-2018

I don't. I just have to reply to things here.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Enkidu - 03-20-2018

Some of us are totally okay with it, though, and think dynamic loyalties make for great RP situations.

Why would we want to stymie the types of RP that are acceptable to the community?

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Shelco - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 07:42 PM)Skorak Wrote: Not interested in either of your suggestions. You can stop posting now.

You're not even taking any stance on what I said, makes me feel like you're aware of the problem yourself now that someone addressed it. Also, about the event, I don't know if it is true but I heard that you let Thunderer fly the cap to fight Smoke because you knew Honnete a.k.a. Schwi wouldn't be able to win.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Skorak - 03-20-2018

If I'm aware or not doesn't matter. I just don't intend to spend time here writing long answer posts when I don't intend to act on your posts anyways.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Sciamach - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 07:59 PM)Shelco Wrote:
(03-20-2018, 07:42 PM)Skorak Wrote: Not interested in either of your suggestions. You can stop posting now.

You're not even taking any stance on what I said, makes me feel like you're aware of the problem yourself now that someone addressed it. Also, about the event, I don't know if it is true but I heard that you let Thunderer fly the cap to fight Smoke because you knew Honnete a.k.a. Schwi wouldn't be able to win.

The purpose of these feedback threads is to make your point and let the faction heads respond to it. No need to take it any further than that, the community and faction members can formulate their own opinions based on the responses. The point's been made. Let it go mate

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - suppy - 03-20-2018

Just to chime in and give my unasked for $0.02 as someone who works in this field,

Mutinies are totally possible with big crews. Petropavlovsk, Chilean Navy, Brazilian Navy, Spithead and Nore, Invergordon, I could go on. Sometimes the whole crew is on board, sometimes it isn't. Officers and mutiny leaders will probably spend some time before the "big event" trying to make crew changes, putting sympathetic crew on board and loyalists off the boat.

You can usually function a big ship without all of its crew. Just to run the basics of a modern warship, you can probably lose, oh I dunno, up to half before you lose critical functions. You may not have a galley or a forward gunnery department or your first lieutenant division, but you can zoom and scoot to where you need to go. I'm sure that Overlords are even better built than this, but I would bet money I could take forty guys who know what they're doing and get turbines going from cold steel and at the very least, get underway with some random DDG.

I don't know of any systems that exist to halt ship mutinies except through personnel. Having good, well-trained, loyal officers and chiefs and sailors is enough to do the job in almost all cases. However, a strong imminent motivation i.e. "oh shoot we saw Nomads in LN" (and I don't know what this particular defection case is) might certainly get a lot of sailors on the mutiny gang.

Having a "remote control" for critical ship systems to be manipulated from some command center sounds like a horrendous design choice. Imagine if that system was accessed or hijacked by electronic warfare / intel forces of a hostile navy and suddenly they can cut your engines in the middle of battle! Or, Rheinland marines bumrush your headquarters and disable half the fleet. I definitely do not advise any navies building remote kill-switches for any system into their warships.

(03-20-2018, 08:20 PM)suppy Wrote: Imagine if that system was accessed or hijacked by electronic warfare / intel forces of a hostile navy and suddenly they can cut your engines in the middle of battle

I would try to imagine that but unfortunately - to my knowledge - there was no indication of any significant form of cyberwarfare in the freelancer universe, either by Freelancer itself, or any devevloper-made canon lore sources since.

I will now go hide in my bunker as 10,000 of you make attempts to prove me wrong on that count.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - suppy - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 09:01 PM)Sciamach Wrote:
(03-20-2018, 08:20 PM)suppy Wrote: Imagine if that system was accessed or hijacked by electronic warfare / intel forces of a hostile navy and suddenly they can cut your engines in the middle of battle

I would try to imagine that but unfortunately - to my knowledge - there was no indication of any significant form of cyberwarfare in the freelancer universe, either by Freelancer itself, or any devevloper-made canon lore sources since.

I will now go hide in my bunker as 10,000 of you make attempts to prove me wrong on that count.

well you're not wrong tbh

Probably to prevent the Cylons from hacking the ships or something

[Image: 9e8cbd532264528afca15d6f82009d54--band-m...g-meme.jpg]

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Enkidu - 03-20-2018

Spyglass? NEMPs? Disruptors which appear to interfere with various systems from propulsion to navigation to cloaks? Pulse weapons? Whilst these arn't pure cyber-warfare, there's certainly signals warfare.