Discovery Gaming Community
Can we please change the snub changes back? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Can we please change the snub changes back? (/showthread.php?tid=147221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Vendetta - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 04:02 AM)Haste Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 10:56 PM)Vendetta Wrote: This is what makes it a problem. I'd love to see something to make those clases more attractive than VHFs being the end-all. Maneuverability just doesn't cut it when you get down to brass tacks.

Feel free to send me your suggestions. LF and HF "overhauls" have been planned for a century and, if we're perfectly honest, those classes deserve more love than VHFs.

(:

If I come up with anything that hasn't already been suggested, I'll message you on Skype.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Radio Freies Rheinland - 01-22-2017

(01-21-2017, 03:06 PM)Corile Wrote: Disable vertical strafing on snubs, increase gun damage, lower the nanobots on snubs. Either one will work.

This is the single dumbest suggestion ive ever seen for snubs

(reee wrong acc change to wesker)

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - ASimpleMan - 01-22-2017

The idea of the torp and cd on ships negates the use if light and heavy fighters. Agreed on that. And the whole "disable" movement on ships is absolutely stupid. I don't think you fully grasp the ramifications of doing such.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - sasapinjic - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 04:02 AM)Haste Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 10:56 PM)Vendetta Wrote: This is what makes it a problem. I'd love to see something to make those clases more attractive than VHFs being the end-all. Maneuverability just doesn't cut it when you get down to brass tacks.

Feel free to send me your suggestions. LF and HF "overhauls" have been planned for a century and, if we're perfectly honest, those classes deserve more love than VHFs.

(:

Want ideas , how about this one :
-LF are the only ones that can use all CD types , so they will be used more in server as what should be used , Interceptors ,
- HF , VHF and all other ships can only use most crappy CD ( something like range only 1000 , CD speed 500 , they cant stop cloak or jump system charge ) ,
-LF and HF are only class that can equipped Mines ,
That will add a little more diversity , isn't ?

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Sombs - 01-22-2017

Taking away mines from the VHF will piss of major parts of the community, even me.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Operator - 01-22-2017

Wait what? Mines?!

I swear to god if it ever exists, don't change anything and leave it as it is!

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Epo - 01-22-2017

Possibility to equip only LFs with Train / Reinforced CD isn't that bad tho. VHFs/HFs would be meant for regular anti-snub and bomber pewpews with their Mosquitos or shorter-range CD, while LFs would run across the battlefields stopping crucial targets.

Speaking about mines... No, removal is a bad idea. Some kind of boost in thrusting for LFs and HFs could solve the problem instead.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Backo - 01-22-2017

HFs should just be removed or made into light VHFs. Smile

EDIT: I mean that's what they were in vanilla. They were the lower class VHFs. Plus I really doubt they can be given some worthwhile utility to make them worth it over their big brother.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Foxglove - 01-22-2017

Well, I personally would propose giving only HFs the ability to mount tracking missiles. That would necessitate them to be added again, however.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Epo - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 02:36 PM)Foxglove Wrote: Well, I personally would propose giving only HFs the ability to mount tracking missiles. That would necessitate them to be added again, however.

Or that. Lower hull for ability to use tracking missiles