Discovery Gaming Community
[RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) (/showthread.php?tid=154509)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Sombs - 10-20-2017

You guys to realize that not a single post in this topic is achieving anything?

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Shaggy - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 12:25 AM)sindroms Wrote: A bit of a difference there. Being boldly direct is a good thing as long as you can write it with restraint and without sniping.

Don't mean to snipe at people Sindroms, I apologize for that, i'm stupidly tired and stressed from working. But it's time for bed now. Goodnight all.

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Omicron - 10-20-2017

I will try not to annex Omegas in your absence, Wesk. See you in 6 months.

On another note, this odd conflict between so called "recycling" and "fresh" factions. You cannot forbid people from using your lore. If there's a faction that comes on your ashes, NOT using RHA as an actual landmark entity that existed and influenced history of entire NPC faction is an insult to everyone who ever was in [RHA].

What you're asking is for retcon where RHA never existed to begin with?

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Thunderer - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 12:27 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: You guys to realize that not a single post in this topic is achieving anything?

Some of the posts can make you smile or laugh. Laughter is healthy.

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Sombs - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 12:32 AM)Thunderer Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 12:27 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: You guys to realize that not a single post in this topic is achieving anything?

Some of the posts can make you smile or laugh. Laughter is healthy.

I prefer to laugh about your MRG application or your high quality satire, but you might be right. Still a shame that the laughter is based on cringe and heated discussions in here.

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Thunderer - 10-20-2017

Then I will use the chance to tell my favourite Byzantine joke.

A fisherman was poor. But he had a wife and a son to feed. He decided that he will not let his son be poor, so he sent him to a school. When he finished the school, he learned how to read and write, but he also got thirsty for more knowledge, and he asked his father to enroll him into a university so he could study rhetoric, and his father did so. One day the family was having lunch. The father was curious and asked his son what was it like in his university and what rhetoric was useful for. "You can make people believe in something that is not true", the son said. There were two eggs on the table. "Then persuade me that there are three eggs on the table", answered his father. "One", the son lifted an egg, "Plus two", he said as he lifted both eggs, "Equals three, does it not?" His father smiled and answered: "Then I will eat this one, your mother will eat that one, and you will eat the one which you have made with your rhetoric."

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Backo - 10-20-2017

This post achieves increasing my post count by 1. It also achieves bumping the thread to the top of "Latest activity" and making it more visible overall. So please stop assuming our posts aren't achieving anything, ok?

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Sturmwind - 10-20-2017

final nail

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Char Aznable - 10-20-2017

(10-19-2017, 10:30 PM)Toris Wrote: words, mostly ungrateful slander

Okay, Toris, you want a reaction, you get one.
First of all everyone, let me apologize for the slight offtopic. Everyone who wants to read the discussion, please just take this one here: If the leadership of a faction decides its better to leave it than let it be revived as a zombie instead of making way for something else, it's their decision and should be respected as such.
And now back to the slander (I'll hide it in a spoiler, so people don't have to look at an offtopic WoT).

Alright, Toris. I've been tolerating your stuff for the past few months mainly because I wasn't really active on the forums anymore. Now that I've been RPing a bit, people showed me examples of you constantly playing the 'boohooo, I'm the victim card' and slandering me, 343, and pretty much everything else in the progress. This will stand no further, and believe you me, if you keep doing this, I will have to react accordingly.
As for what you accused me of, let me correct you a bit, will you?
You originally participated in 343, as its second-in-command, no less. This was me giving you a chance to RP and develop your character, and believe me, I had a fair share of people trying to tell me that you're not fit for the job. Turned out I was right about this, in the long run.
You Insist that there was oh-so-much RP I retconned up until you left. That's nonsense. After you (purposefully) disgraced your own character from the point of view of my faction, your character then deliberately went on hissifit after hissifit. I indulged it, defended you, and generally made myself look like a complete fool after you kept the same behaviour up even when I told everyone I would get your rage under control while representing 343. Eventually, I pulled the plug, and removed you from the faction. And that was, contrary to what you try leading people to believe here, because of the Dawson Base incident. For reference: The final nail that drove me to kick you out of 343 was around May/June 2015. Dawson didn't happen until February of 2016, after I had already given the leadership of 343 away.

Also, I didn't erase anything. Nobody did. And I know for a fact that @Shelco , flawed as his try on 343 may be, didn't retcon anything either. What we did was remove your character from the official roster. Because you know, that's what happens if a character gets disgraced and outlawed. I ask you, now, if all the Roleplay that I am supposed to have erased was so significant, why is it that the supposed erasing of it didn't leave any mark on 343s RP background?
It didn't , because there was no erasing. You did administrative tasks for me, and helped coordinate loggings, and in the end, you didn't even do that correctly. Did you sit in development chats, learned how to devwork to make the update happen, dealt with the constant frakshow that was the server's underbelly at the time? And we both know what we're talking about here. No. You didn't. You sat in the chats, raged, and occasionally went on a rant on the forums, during which you lashed out at everyone that dared speak up against you.
If you want to, I can provide the forum with the PMs that you sent my way after I told you that your 'misunderstanding' with Dawson had caused me to leave that particular faction, an instance during which, if I recall, you accused me of 'using you', 'abusing our so-called friendship', and when I logically provided counterarguments, you lashed out and put me on the ignore list.

I also didn't intervene in you claiming you had some big say in 343 in some discussion threads, because I didn't particularly care what you said - until now, where you decided to slander me.
So let me sum this up for you, nice and tidy, and on the forums, so you don't get the opportunity to twist it your way.

1. You have no idea of what it means to lead an official faction. You got a glance at the logistics, and that's all. You've never been to the OFL chat, Development discussions, the daily stress that it means to be responsible for every kind of shite that your members do with your faction tag.
2. You got kicked out because your behaviour that you conducted in the name of 343 was intolerable. I told you such, and you decided to keep doing it. You getting kicked out was your fault, and yours only.
3. You DID ruin other people's RP with your sanction on Dawson. That's a fact. Ask Spazzy if you don't believe me.
4. Bear in mind that any and all PMs that you send my way because of this discussion will be quoted in here, because I am getting tired of you trying to claim a narrative so that you are the victim. You're not.
5. You stop slandering me. Now.

Alright everyone, thank you all for listening. I apologize for the off-topic. Be on your way, nothing to see here.

EDIT: It appears the spoiler function is broken or something, so sorry the Wall of text is staying :/

RE: [RHA] Disbandment notice (new announcement) - Nodoka Hanamura - 10-20-2017

Can we get an admin in here to lock this thread, because my Spidey sense is telling me it's going to go downhill from here.