Discovery Gaming Community
Want to Start developing? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Freelancer Modding Tutorials (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: Want to Start developing? (/showthread.php?tid=15764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Want to Start developing? - Pi_guy - 05-19-2009

Great thank you Im a professional developer of sorts in any case, c++ is not a problem. I will take a look at flhook. thank you very much for the assistance.

Thank you
Pi_guy

' Wrote:The commands we use are not in files as such, they are controlled and inserted into the server, so you can't edit them. They are called "Flhook" commands (Google that) and the source is pretty readily available. They're written in C++, so a knowledge of that language is pretty essential (I've been learning for the last 5 or so months, and still have trouble doing anything than make text appear ingame at a command).

Person to contact for more information (I got all this from him) is the user "Cannon". He wrote most of the commands we currently use.

Seth

Want to Start developing? - tansytansey - 05-24-2009

I keep forgetting to post here regarding this, so better do it now before I forget again.

The *.mat file I submitted for the Greyhound was using TGA files for textures, so they all go flipped upside down. So I made a new *.mat file using DDS textures instead, however when I try to make a new *.mat file it seems to be converting them all to TGA when I export it.

Is this normal? Will the Textures still be flipped upside down because they're TGA, even though they're supposed to be DDS?

Here's a picture. You can see the files in the Mat are TGA, but on the right you can see I have a DDS file loaded for the material.
[Image: matproblem.th.png]

Want to Start developing? - Seth Karlo - 05-27-2009

Woops, 3 days late.

Firstly, I hate imageshack.

Secondly, they are in .dds format. Ignore the names. To know if it is in .TGA or .dds, expand those folders. .tga will have 8 more folders, ranging from MIP0 to MIP7. If it's .dds, it will just say MIPS.

It's fine basically:)

Want to Start developing? - raider51 - 05-29-2009

Hi all,

Is there any converter from mat, ms3d to igs, iges, step?

regards,

Want to Start developing? - Seth Karlo - 05-29-2009

Mat is a collection of textures, the model is stored as a cmp.

Want to Start developing? - raider51 - 05-29-2009

I am by no means an expert on this milkshape, so then i want to convert from this "cmp" to iges, igs, step.
Is there any solution?
thanks

regards,

Want to Start developing? - cal823 - 07-06-2009

<strike>Heres a question.
Wasnt your FL pack pinned in the dev forum?
It doesnt seem to be there anymore.</strike>

Soz, just found it in the tutorials section.

However, alot of the links do not seem to be working.
and I cannot seem to get the boxster ones to download, first it asks me to create a profile, then when I go to create it, the button to finish creating the profile....isnt a button?

Want to Start developing? - akka1000 - 07-06-2009

' Wrote:However, alot of the links do not seem to be working.
and I cannot seem to get the boxster ones to download, first it asks me to create a profile, then when I go to create it, the button to finish creating the profile....isnt a button?

Those links are currently broken
Seth said somewhere he would fix it all soon

Want to Start developing? - Captain - 07-07-2009

right I need help.

I recently finished 2 models in Google Sketchup V7 pro

but thats how far I got,

how can I make it ready for Hp,texture hitbox?
actualy how do I do what I said above?

Want to Start developing? - cal823 - 07-07-2009

I have another question.
How do I take a screenshot in Metasequia?