Discovery Gaming Community
Player Wipe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Player Wipe (/showthread.php?tid=1639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Player Wipe - Nightfall - 09-19-2006

MrSns,Sep 19 2006, 10:52 AM Wrote:Well i agree with both of u there
I agree with onca more there. It is bad RP, but that also what the IND is there for, they are the tradeing groop of the Phantoms..

MrSns
[snapback]37033[/snapback]
I'm not [Phantoms] and I'm there, actually Hoodlum and me were the first [IND] and we were carrying the tags for a few months before being noticed. Then... we said -- 'let's make it invite only' and then everyone wants in... like the Outcasts thing (but I won't go there). Also, make sure you read the RPs and you'll see why neutral and what kind of corporation the [IND] is. I for one carry Interspace Commerce tags and ID for all my [IND]. My usual run was Cambridge-Kurile-FP11-Honshu -- most of that is through Corsair space and to my trader, they're the top of red.

Player Wipe - Fellow Hoodlum - 09-19-2006

Come on Mr SnS ... Tristan, sorry, If you read one of my previous posts ... It says*RP
trading is a bit of a grey area* ... Very few people were infact, interested in trading, and
it was relaxed because there was no other way to make money if your factions were
independant of the security ones, or you were a Freelancer. Fortunately this is starting
to change.
The Phantoms are also terrorists, not Pirates. We don't make money out of pirating ...
And anyway ... All of my chars, Phantom or not, make their own money in their RP ways
My trader ... Top of my friends is Interspace Commerce, neutral ID or not, my enemies
are all pirates groups ... Including the Xenos ... Though through some hard work and
manipulation of the reputations bar, The Outcasts and the Corsairs are in the middle.
And read the RP for [IND] ... Sort of important when you are asking to join.
Onca ... How do you do yours then ?? ...

Hoodlum

Player Wipe - onca - 09-19-2006

Fellow Hoodlum,Sep 19 2006, 08:19 PM Wrote:Onca ... How do you do yours then ?? ...
[snapback]37037[/snapback]

Ahem.... yes.... erm.... *stretches collar uncomfortably*

Its true, I have used my neutral trader to fund my other chars. And I am very ashamed. Like you say, its the only way if you want to buy capships, name changes or tags this century.

Although I try not to make a habit of it. For example, my latest chars -- {NG}, Corasir, GMG -- are (were) all self-funded by missions. And my {IMG}/TDE char was funded initially to buy a ship only. That's why I don't outfit with Nova torps and mines, too damn expensive!

o.

Player Wipe - Fellow Hoodlum - 09-19-2006

Onca ... Thanks mate, I love an honest man. And certainly one who is not a little hypocritcal
either. We have all done it in the past. Thats why we start with traders if we are intending
to create good RP characters out of the following ones. The money is unfortunately, paramount.
I admire your willingness to stick to the RP as close as possible, and the [IND] do aswell.
We now mainly fly long trade routes around the whole of Sirius with a view to getting pirated.
Something that has not happened in a bloody long time.
We also expect to be hit by the Phantoms if we are in the same system, scanned by the
military if we are smuggling, and generally interact with everyone else.
The newer members are still allowed to make their money to fund their new chars, our
edict says ... Affiliations at your own discretion.
And basically ... Don't get caught being a bad boy or girl. Makes for some RP on the forums,
if not in game.

Hoodlum

Player Wipe - onca - 09-19-2006

Oops tell a fib.... Lightfoot kindly gave $500k to my GMG char, enough to buy a Drake and pwn anything in Sigma-13 (unless those damn Corsairs send Osiris again :crazy:)

Hoodlum I appreciate your comments mate. Heh... yeah we'll see how the 4.81 cruise busters go, and alot of people seem intent on some "real" piracy.... interesting times ahead :lol:

o.

Player Wipe - romer - 09-19-2006

Yeah, bring on the 'real' pirates. A lot of people gripe about how easy the traders have had it. But in my time running around as a trader, I have only been attacked twice. And as for sopping up the gravy on high profit runs, everyone has made those runs. After a while though that gets a bit boring, so you find more interesting routes to take. In the sake of RP one might consider that a trader expecting to get pirated is not going make predictable runs. Now I'll agree that something needs to be done about the CD's. Because trains are all but unstoppable. I have seen a few traders completely ignore the RP and just cruise away.

Player Wipe - Dab - 09-19-2006

I believe I said this to Enterprise or one of the GoR.

I think we should make it, if you are ordered by a pirate to halt and give money/commodities that you cannot F1. Some traders will do that. They get hit by a disruptor and go F1 right away. I know I won't F1 at all when trading unless its to switch characters or leave the server. I believe a few others do the same, like Nightfall, Kane, and Korrd to name a few. But the amount who WILL F1 still outnumbers those that play fairly.

umm, Dab, I F1-ed once... though it was under rather weird circumstances... it's mentioned on the forums... :(

Player Wipe - Dab - 09-19-2006

Well I mean as a normal thing. If you just normally trading, I'm sure you wouldn't F1.

Sure, you're right about that. I may try to run if I feel like it :)

I remember the Black Pearl chasing me from Sigma 17 to Omi Delta, I got hurt bad but I just coughed up for the repairs :)

Romer doesn't F1, you forgot him.