Discovery Gaming Community
4.86 Model Issues - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: 4.86 Model Issues (/showthread.php?tid=17567)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

4.86 Model Issues - leonidos - 01-15-2012

I was on a Kusari train coming out of planet Junyo my ship blows up when i undock
I lost 10 mill+ while undocking from planet Junyo with pearls
Happens 5 times at a row

The 5K train? Need to know if this is a bug with the model, or if you simply hit the atmosphere. Did your health go down fast or did you just boom instantly?

4.86 Model Issues - Stabby Dave - 01-15-2012

Flying an Aquilon and docking on any of the new planets in Coronado gives me severe Damage on way out.

Cheers.

Don't dock battleships on planets. This is a known isse - those models are too big to safely undock from planets.

4.86 Model Issues - Helo - 01-15-2012

Touketsu VHF
While scanning ship belonging to other player, window does not display some of it's equipement, Like guns. (GMG skyblasts on my touketsu). I have guns but they're not visible to other player scanning me.

Aet: Ticketed, but thus far unable to reproduce...

4.86 Model Issues - Switchback - 01-16-2012

Scylla is hard to dock with lanes now, often have to /stuck

And the Cruise Engine charging sound/running sound is off. There is no running sound, and the charge sound is wrong for the ammt of time it takes to charge.

Ticketed.

4.86 Model Issues - AeternusDoleo - 01-16-2012

Copying from a PM to me:

Quote:Hey there AE,

I see you fix hardpoints among your other dev tasks. Could you please take a look at the GC VHF, the Blossom, as a personal favour? This baby has a special place in my Freelancer heart, I remember when it was introduced at the release of 4.85. I think now is the time to finally complete and perfect this ship.

The CD, CM and Mine hardpoints are misplaced, and not attached properly to the ship, like so:

CD:
[Image: CD_hardpoint.png]
*I'm also convinced the headlight on the front of the ship is almost inside the model,
I think it needs to be moved outwards a tiny bit. (trust me on this, it would take too long to explain)

CM
[Image: CM_hardpoint.png]

Mine
[Image: Mine_hardpoint.png]

The ship has too many trails to the point where it obscures the player's view when maneuvering - it currently has six trails, an unnecessary amount. I recommend removing the four that are NOT on the wings. There are already lights underneath the unnecessary trails, having trail + light on top of each other looks silly which is another reason the extra trails need removed.

[Image: trails.png]

If you would do these things, and perfect this beautiful ship, I would be ever so grateful. I look forward to your response.

Love & hugs,

- Jamie

Contrail count is by design - I don't consider that a bug. The remaining issues ticketed.

4.86 Model Issues - Swallow - 01-16-2012

Dont know if that was mentioned before, but AI drone needs not only re-hardpointing, but .sur model revision, since it seems to be much bigger than it should be compared to a .cmp model size

Aet: Ticketed. Size seems okay, but the type of the hitbox is bad - it's still using the old spliced-without-bounding-box one.

4.86 Model Issues - FGDireito - 01-16-2012

the Defender, Guardian, and Avenger do not close their wings when the cruise engine is activated.
I just noticed because the Templar and the Wraith do close their wings during cruise speed.
I do not know about the Chimaera.

4.86 Model Issues - Helo - 01-16-2012

' Wrote:Touketsu VHF
While scanning ship belonging to other player, window does not display some of it's equipement, Like guns. (GMG skyblasts on my touketsu). I have guns but they're not visible to other player scanning me.
Update to that. Mines sometimes dont deal damage to it.
Mines dropped by it don't appear, although there's dropped mine sound and ammo counter changes.
Tractor beam is not working. It is visible but it keeps working, not tractoring stuff in actually.

Aet: This suggests there's an issue with the hardpoints, but I've thus far been unable to reproduce it... Could have been fixed already.

4.86 Model Issues - Hielor - 01-16-2012

The top side of one of the "shelves" on the starboard side of the nose of the prison liner is transparent (missing polygon or texture?) Pretty easy to see if you go to turret mode and look at the starboard side of the nose, you can see the background through the model.

Aet: Ticketed. Probably a missing texture.

4.86 Model Issues - Vladimir - 01-17-2012

- Renzu SHF HpMount moved forward to help with docking.

While we're at it, could you please do the same to Jormungand? Well, not exactly forward, i'll try to do some tests to see where it should go.

Not a helpful report this...