Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] - Die Walküre - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Event] - Die Walküre (/showthread.php?tid=178060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Binski - 04-06-2020

(04-06-2020, 05:20 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 05:17 PM)Markam Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 05:04 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: The trend seems to be that when the outcome is fixed on one side's advantage, people swarm to the other side. There are also some other factors involved I'd wager. I'm not really surprised Imperials are outnumbered here.

From experience, when an event is decided by in-game stuff, the one-side stacking is even worse, as people want a favorable result for their favored side.

Not an exact science, but both fixed and results based events have downsides, and we have not cracked the code.

Well, I think it's better when events are trade-based, and the PvP that arises occurs naturally from trade blockades/interception/interdiction/piracy. At least in my experience sides are much more balanced that way.

Things also mothball a lot more when one side has the clear majority, as people who want to get money for shooting things will stick to the side where it's safest.

I'd much rather see a combo, but at the very least, boil it down to picking a station or npc cap station, or stations, and make them mortal. First to eliminate the other side wins. It would be cool if repair ships worked on them, you could have people repairing while others fight, etc. Supply could be allowed on the side or come after to restore lost ships(?).

Because when you put an open outcome and open (real time) objective, you turn the event into a longer, more immersive scenario. It also means sides balance based on who really wants their choice to succeed more. If some of the outcome is determining the future like who controls an area or government, people will try despite being outnumbered, as long as there's a small group on either side to join (and a fair chance to use some other approach, like smaller attacks to chip away at a base, if you can't muster a big fleet). The race would be on but there would be many options even for the underdog (especially if we can repair with ships, anyone could own an FL Repair ship to switch to).

I suggest making all of the RM caps involved mortal and let the war unfold naturally. Just put POB rules on them or limit engagement to the event ID's. Set them to extremely high like a Core 4 and it would take a week or more for one side to come out on top. Its probably too late since the update is done but to me its just as good for activity and the server to see the coup arranged and tried and turn into a rebillion that may change the story, or be put down by the player battles. This would be nice to see for future situations at least.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Shaggy - 04-06-2020

Can everyone please remember the Server Rules for events;

JEEEEZZZZZ

5.4 Intentionally self-killing, teamkilling, planet and sun-diving during Combat Event Plugin enabled battles in order to prevent the opposing team from scoring points.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Wesker - 04-06-2020

That tends to happen when people are being chased by a solaris gunship while outgunned by enemy fighters at the same time.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Shaggy - 04-06-2020

(04-06-2020, 07:52 PM)Wesker Wrote: That tends to happen when people are being chased by a solaris gunship while outgunned by enemy fighters at the same time.

It's not even the fact a solaris gunboat was there. It was happening before I even logged the gunboat. But server rules are server rules.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Kalhmera - 04-06-2020

Federalist have but two docking points. can we get this fixed??? Cant organize a fight when everything near our docking points is shooting us.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Spectre - 04-06-2020

(04-06-2020, 09:54 PM)Lord Rhemalak Wrote: Federalist have but two docking points. can we get this fixed??? Cant organize a fight when everything near our docking points is shooting us.
This, basically.

The Feds have Weimar, Schatten and that MND prison in Thuringia to use for docking. Even if the major update isn't ready, a small hotfix to switch IFFs and quickly remove or change bases that were affected by this event seems very much due.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - jammi - 04-06-2020

Giving the Feds a stationary battleship or event base in each of the contested systems would be a good start.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Enkidu - 04-06-2020

Staff is working on/discussing better Federal dock points as we speak. Bear with us- we'll work out something!

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Unseelie - 04-06-2020

For the short term, Federalist players are not locked hostile to Bundschush bases. I'd strongly suggest yall do what us bittervets used to do, and run some missions in big groups.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Loken - 04-06-2020

Federalist and Bundschuh reps will be set to no less than -0.3 on character login/undock after the next server restart.

This will be reverted to no more than 0.7 when the patch is released, which should contain new bribes for anyone unable to take advantage of the temporary rep-hack.