Discovery Gaming Community
De-Re-Naming - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: De-Re-Naming (/showthread.php?tid=180616)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: De-Re-Naming - Thyrzul - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 12:38 AM)Megaera Wrote: Can Cologne also be renamed back to Koeln?

That rename was to keep system names as consistently English. If we let that go in favor of names on their own language, we should then have Bourgogne, Picardie, München, etc.

EDIT: If this poll is really supposed to have an effect, then I'd advise a thorough check of the voter accounts in order to filter out cases, such as an 11 days old potential alt account with 0 threads or posts and other similar examples of suspected attempts to exploit the system.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Archaetherial - 06-10-2020

As a new player who has arrived here straight from vanilla Freelancer, I must say I would much prefer the original names.

But for the same reasons, I don't think I qualify for voting rights in this thread as I wasn't around while all the stories that led to those renamings took place.

Thus, the only fair thing to do is to voice my opinion, but abstain from voting and that's what I'm going to do here.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Banned player t202085 - 06-10-2020

Nottingham -> O-3
yes

RE: De-Re-Naming - Thyrzul - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 11:14 PM)Silverlight Wrote: Nottingham -> O-3
yes

Did you really vote a yes-to-all because of just one case? Big Grin

RE: De-Re-Naming - Banned player t202085 - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 11:16 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 11:14 PM)Silverlight Wrote: Nottingham -> O-3
yes

Did you really vote a yes-to-all because of just one case? Big Grin

Yes. Yes I did. Smile

RE: De-Re-Naming - Markam - 06-11-2020

As a result of a vote conducted by the Story Team and overwhelming community support, this has been processed for the next patch.

Omega 3, Omega 49, Orkney and Edinburgh will return, including all planets and asteroid fields within.
Also of course California Minor.

Omega 49 did not originally have asteroid field names, and just referred to the fields as nebula.
They were thematically named for Exeter at some point, and they have now been named appropriately.

Likewise, Orkney had 1 field that was added post-rename, and a new name was found to fit the Orkney theme.

Omega-3 only changed the planet and system name, so the rest is the same (everything is now as vanilla).

RE: De-Re-Naming - Chuba - 06-11-2020

Aquitaine was better than Edinburgh, oh well, happy about every other change though.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Uknown - 06-11-2020

Put both names on the Sirius Map (?) and everyone happy xD

RE: De-Re-Naming - Marburg - 06-11-2020

That's an excellent question.

Is it possible to have the the players navmap register object names based on alignment?

for example, If I were to...say loose my mind one night & make a Gaul character, could it be made somehow to have that navmap show the new names, while, when I switch to my Gaians, have that navmap show the actual names?

No, I assume, but gawd, that would be cooler than diving into a vat of liquid nitrogen.

:: edit- crap! my bad...somehow I glazed right by the post with the bright yellow letters that made me kinda happy. I'm a moron, but I'm ok with that. ::

RE: De-Re-Naming - Frederic - 06-11-2020

I vote to keep them as they are now. It's like in real life sometimes Countries and Streetnames get changed.