Discovery Gaming Community
The wiki update status - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Discovery Wiki (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: The wiki update status (/showthread.php?tid=22144)

The wiki update status - Canadianguy - 09-18-2009

I just finished creating all missing system pages.

The wiki update status - cshake - 09-25-2009

All commodities now have:
icon
house legal status for contraband
complete base buying locations (with prices)
complete mining locations (where applicable)

The legal status for Gallia is pretty much blank for all of the contraband because there aren't any posted Gallia official laws on the forum yet, if you know more please add it!

[edit]All ID cards updated with availability locations and infocards from in-game (well, I wrote a script that generated the info, and others helped upload it too)

The wiki update status - Dashiell - 09-27-2009

This is just an idea, but maybe the caps that have a rp story and have been around for some time can be added?

what I had in mind was:

a list of all the factions. under each faction the "biography" of the caps of that faction.

that way you get a list of all the rp caps in the game that people can read. I think that would be an interesting read. also, it migh encourage people to get more rp story into their cap.

examples: Mon`Star, LNS Arizona, St Loueisburg etc.

rants?:)

The wiki update status - Canadianguy - 09-27-2009

' Wrote:This is just an idea, but maybe the caps that have a rp story and have been around for some time can be added?

what I had in mind was:

a list of all the factions. under each faction the "biography" of the caps of that faction.

that way you get a list of all the rp caps in the game that people can read. I think that would be an interesting read. also, it migh encourage people to get more rp story into their cap.

examples: Mon`Star, LNS Arizona, St Loueisburg etc.

rants?:)
I know there are a few articles on the wiki about player characters.

The wiki update status - Dashiell - 09-27-2009

' Wrote:I know there are a few articles on the wiki about player characters.

seriously? I`ve never seen any.

where can I find em?

The wiki update status - chovynz - 09-28-2009

Necrosis
Category:Player Ships

There you go:)

The wiki update status - Dashiell - 09-28-2009

' Wrote: Necrosis
Category:Player Ships

There you go:)

*facepalm*

completely missed it. thanks a lot mate.

can people just add their own stuff? for example the biography of my own BS? it`s not a special RP ship mind, just an ordinary BHG Mako.

The wiki update status - chovynz - 09-28-2009

I prefer not to since the wiki can become cluttered with old and out of date stuff, however, I won't stop you from adding your own characters. If you update your wiki page, then it's a beneficial thing. If you forget about it and don't update them then it becomes a non-beneficial thing.

Up to you if you want to use that service.

The wiki update status - Dashiell - 09-29-2009

' Wrote:I prefer not to since the wiki can become cluttered with old and out of date stuff, however, I won't stop you from adding your own characters. If you update your wiki page, then it's a beneficial thing. If you forget about it and don't update them then it becomes a non-beneficial thing.

Up to you if you want to use that service.

My main concern is that all kinds of rubbish will be posted than. badly thought out, shallow rubbish that ruins the quility of the wiki

The wiki update status - chovynz - 09-30-2009

' Wrote:My main concern is that all kinds of rubbish will be posted than. badly thought out, shallow rubbish that ruins the quility of the wiki
That's my concern too. I was "overruled" by the shear amount of people putting stuff on, however, I've been watching to see how to improve it, or look out for bad stuff. Most of what people put up are actually ok. So, as long as they don't forget it, it seems fine.

I'll be checking up on old wiki pages and sweeping the floor every now and then. As long as the main factions stay updated I don't have too much concern.