Discovery Gaming Community
Buccaneers NPC faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Buccaneers NPC faction (/showthread.php?tid=25272)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Buccaneers NPC faction - MarvinCZ - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:*cought* why nobody pays attention to infocards? Like atm there is alot of gaians who forgat their idols and just act pirating.

Why nobody roleplays pirate with lost idols in the game? but makes up a new faction instead. same goes for Bundschuh in Rheinland.
We roleplay pirates who didn't have the ideals in the first place. We also don't want to be bound by the diplomacy of either Mollies or Gaians.
Also, Bundschuh? If you said Red Hessians or LWB, ok. But Bundschuh ... just no.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Cyberanson - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:We roleplay pirates who didn't have the ideals in the first place.
Also, Bundschuh? If you said Red Hessians or LWB, ok. But Bundschuh ... just no.
Actually every unlawful faction in Rheinland has certain ideals, unlike the Buccaneers, who are just a bunch of ordinary pirates. If you compare them, the Liberty Rogues would be the best partner, in my opinion.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Drake - 08-23-2009

The only other pure pirate organizations who lack other political or ideological 'causes' are the Liberty Rogues and Gallic Brigands. You certainly have members of other factions who have degenerated into primarily piracy, but generally speaking the player factions for those factions lean towards ideological and away from pure piracy.

Buccaneers NPC faction - MarvinCZ - 08-23-2009

I know they all have ideals, unlike Buccaneers. Pirates who forgot about those ideals were mentioned in the post I responded to. I just said that RH or LWB would be more likely to do so than Bundschuh.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Taffic - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:While I think it's certainly a good addition to everything, I don't believe that enough time has passed for such a thing to happen.
Before adding an NPC faction to the mod, it needs to be certain that a faction is there to stay, and such factions need to fill the shoes they're given well.

I am not against the general concept, but I do believe that the Buccaneers should work more and longer for that to happen.
I've read through the whole thread & hats off to the contributors as we're having a sensible debate & to me that says loads. Buccaneer threads are some of the best on the forums. Like Swift I am also a fan of what you're doing, but unlike him I still agree with his original point. I hope you stick it at as I really like the maturity of this endeavour; I think a lot of people do.

' Wrote:People have suggested it, yes. We're more interested in having a place to dock though. At the moment we're having to rely on Trafalgar, so some place that we can actually call home ingame would be appreciated.

My thoughts are now something along the lines of the Liner hidden in the smog cloud - it'd be done so that it's unmappable, and the only bribe would be found on the station itself. That way it'd be difficult for non-Buccaneers to find, as it should be.
Only been skimming the boards recently, but I thought Invergordon was a great (initial) location for your activities. Its remote enough for your needs & offers possible RP with the LR & greater piracy choices.
& finally Jammi (as a completely impartial observer) Trafalgar is the best base in Sirius, so less of this "having to rely" language.

Buccaneers NPC faction - jammi - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:Only been skimming the boards recently, but I thought Invergordon was a great (initial) location for your activities. Its remote enough for your needs & offers possible RP with the LR & greater piracy choices.
& finally Jammi (as a completely impartial observer) Trafalgar is the best base in Sirius, so less of this "having to rely" language.
That as may be, a fledgling crime empire will eventually start to attract a lot of interest from people you Junkers don't want it from. Things are fine for now, but once we step up our operations (which would be represented by an NPC faction I suppose) we'd be stressing Trafalgar's resources as well as placing a spotlight on it.

Ironically enough, according to the Wiki, Trafalgar used to belong to the Buccaneers before the BAF destroyed it and the Junkers re-pressurised it:P

Buccaneers NPC faction - Taffic - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:That as may be, a fledgling crime empire will eventually start to attract a lot of interest from people you Junkers don't want it from. Things are fine for now, but once we step up our operations (which would be represented by an NPC faction I suppose) we'd be stressing Trafalgar's resources as well as placing a spotlight on it.
Bretonian Junkers like to find a middle path & its good that you are aware of the precariousness of our predicament. The boost in trade is good, but that spotlight you refer to would be unwelcome. Lets hope you succeed.

' Wrote:Ironically enough, according to the Wiki, Trafalgar used to belong to the Buccaneers before the BAF destroyed it and the Junkers re-pressurised it:P
There are many myths & versions about the creation of Trafalgar Base, but I thought Plymouth Station was completely destroyed which is why there was a radioactive hell just South of Trafalgar. Trafalgar Base follows a standard Junker design that is used across Sirius; so if your right then maybe Trafalgar is the birthplace of Junkerdom. Warming to your version of History.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Quorg - 08-23-2009

I'd be careful about rewriting the History of Trafalgar.

Also, thanks for your previous assurances that the faction would be open.

One more thing- if you get NPC's- please, please, no Train CD's. That would make me sad.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Drake - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:One more thing- if you get NPC's- please, please, no Train CD's. That would make me sad.
I don't think our NPCs will be that powerful. However, if we had to get our own system, I suggested putting weapon platforms randomly throughout it, with minor firepower but Train CDs, to discourage people from messing around in our system if the natural hazards weren't enough.

Buccaneers NPC faction - pieguy259 - 08-24-2009

This gets the Pieguy Seal of Approval. You guys are freakin' sweet, and Bretonia needs a good solid pack of utter scoundrels with no ideals whatsoever.