Discovery Gaming Community
AW controlling Omicron Theta - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: AW controlling Omicron Theta (/showthread.php?tid=2754)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

AW controlling Omicron Theta - bluntpencil2001 - 06-29-2007

' Wrote:That quote was from May Blunt..

My mistake. Was on same page as today's posts. I see that it was kicked back into life by majkp. Oops.

AW controlling Omicron Theta - Fellow Hoodlum - 06-29-2007

Well it got trawled up, and seen as the GoR seem to be the subject of some attention here, I'll have me
two pence worth ...
While the faction appreciates the use of Theta for a little bit of battling possibly in the future, the subject of
where the pilots of any faction dock in the rest of Sirius, is between them and their rep board when it comes
to a Freeport. The name of the station sort of sums it up ...
Lets keep it a bit real here. AW, you have your own ID now, so Zoner things are a touch out of your control
outside of your home system and ZoI. The GoR do have much say On Cali, Cape Wrath and to a certain
extent, Ruiz. We know our limitations ...

Hoodlum

AW controlling Omicron Theta - BestFlyerHere - 06-29-2007

OI!!! Don't bring this thread up, we've had enough flames over it already. Give it a rest!

AW controlling Omicron Theta - Dab - 06-29-2007

It was an RP post FFS. Why is everyone getting worked up over it?

AW controlling Omicron Theta - majkp - 06-30-2007

' Wrote:Yes, a faction controls all the space the NPC they are aligned to control. [ 57 ] ** [81.43%]

' Wrote:Since I believe it IS wrong to call the AW Zoners, but there is no other logical ID/tag to use, I have tried to make a way and RP where we can use the tag without calling ourselves Zoners, as we do not fit the Zoner way of life.

Serious contradictions in your posts, as usually, Dab.

Yes, I know that poll (and voted yes), but that poll absolutely doesn't fit on AW, you are not an NPC faction, you are not zoners, and you even don't pretend to be. Look at your own words I quoted above. You have your home system now make your own rules there but don't speak on behalf of Zoners, you are not authorized to.

Dab, if you keep ignoring what other tell you, you will always be a subject of critics, don't you understand? You cannot ignore if the majority agrees that you are doing something wrong, you cannot ignore that, and then do it over and over again.

I am not flaming you, I am using serious arguments, that has already been discussed before and we all (except you) thought it's clear now, unless you started doing it again.

AW controlling Omicron Theta - Alpha 429 - 06-30-2007

Look last time this came up i avoided it like the plague but now i feel i should say what i think. No more quarrels over this the AW should be as zoner as possible (ffs we sport zoner tags although SOME people seem to forget that sometimes) but as is obvious we've strayed a bit away from the whole zoner philosophy and thats nt that good. Next Theta as far as i see is the AW ZoI as its next door and the only way into our home system. When im in theta i enforce the neutrality law because the way i see it we should grant the traders a little bit of security and protection when flying cargo (ok we arent able to be on 24/7 but we should keep them safe while their about) Yes if another faction flies through i ask them to state their intentions (security purposes we are right next to our home after all) and if the reason is valid then i leave them be. If someone comes in attacking traders then ill defend them simple as that.

Thats the way i see it and if you have any questions about my then PM me because i dont want to come back in here because it could get nasty.

AW controlling Omicron Theta - majkp - 06-30-2007

Alpha, I agree with you in keeping Theta safe, but restricting access to a certain faction is something else. And this time the faction haven't commited hostilities in Theta (unlike AW in Gamma)...

But there is no point to continue (and I won't) this discussion if Dab refuses to listen.

AW controlling Omicron Theta - Malaclypse 666 - 06-30-2007

@BFH: Apparently the discussion is open again. Hope your mind is.

@Hoodlum: Freports will remain free. Apparently the Phantoms have even got hold of the keys. GoR has the same options as everyone else: Zoners, love em or be hated by em.

@Alpha: Rational, very rational. Perhaps you can pass that rationality up the ol' chain of command. And, I notice a conspicuous absence of Tau 37's mention in your post. As it should be. Let sleeping dogs and miners lay.

@Majk: Are those bloody Corsair NPCs docking at Corfu and FP11 again??? Shame! We have the same problem at Canaria. What can a poor Zoner do? Make hay! (or Flax, i suppose..)

@Dab: Your turn. I'll be on the road for a day or two, and unable to fire back, verbally. Use the advantage well, while it lasts.

Cheery Bye!
Mal

AW controlling Omicron Theta - Dab - 06-30-2007

' Wrote:@Hoodlum: Freports will remain free. Apparently the Phantoms have even got hold of the keys. GoR has the same options as everyone else: Zoners, love em or be hated by em.

This is exactly why I'm saying this argument is stupid. "This is why I said; Its an RP post FFS, why is everyone getting worked up over it?" You guys seem to think that every RP comment I make, is what really happens in-game. GoR already had access to all Freeports and Zoner stations. What I wrote was pure RP, and nothing more. You seem to think what happens on the server takes precedents over the RP associated with it. Sorry, what was it about this being a role-play server? When I write about Luciaden doing something, like destroying an RM fleet in Twilight of the Past, do AW REALLY kill an entire RM fleet, or even go to war with RM, on the server? No. It was pure RP-thread writing, for the intertainment of the readers. Much as this bulletin was. It had two purposes. Inform TBH that we are on hostile terms, and that gives AW EVERY RIGHT to keep them out of Theta if we want to. They are a hostile PC faction, so that PC faction can be told they are not allowed in there. The other purpose, was for it too look good. You may have noticed this is an RP server, just perhaps? Well that post was also meant to look RP. And if Freelancer worked like real life does, in a situation like this, the AW would state that on the bulletin, letting everyone in AW and GoR know that GoR has unrestricted access to any Zoner station.

Also, I don't look on this with a very fair eye. For one, its revived by a high-ranking TBH member, when what I just did was something against TBH's best interests. Biased? I think so.

The other main arguer against me, is Mal. Anyone who has been here since the time this threat started, knows he thinks I shouldn't have the right to have AW be Zoners PERIOD. Nor does he think any other factions other than those that are purely with their NPC faction should exist. Thats biased if anything is.

AW controlling Omicron Theta - Korrd - 06-30-2007

We can't restrict access to theta with the current server rules. Only to 74.
We can protect Theta, but not force people to leave.
As we are at war right now, theta is part of our space... sort of.