Discovery Gaming Community
ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule (/showthread.php?tid=3408)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Hylden - 07-28-2007

That's what I was saying Korrd... but this ppl know really only to complain. Yea, I suck in bombers, and I handle bs well, but my suggestions aren't meant to leave bombers with really no chance against bs. I said this before, and I will say this again. The RH Bomber haves too many b/b. Way too many. If you want to kill a bs, get a battle cruiser. SFCR-Antigen (liberty battle cruiser) haves a very good loadout on his ship, and I can assure you he uses it very well. He can kill a bs, alone. Imagine him, with a bomber on his side. No bs can resist them. And Axe, you're wrong. With that much regen on a rh bomber, and a sizable armor, with an armor upg, the fighter pilot will do a mistake, or you do a smart move with your bomber, you nova him. He dies, you win. If the rh bomber would have lesser b/b, the fighter haves a chance. Anyway, I'd personally hate to sit 15 mins or more fighting a single bomber, to deplete his stash of b/b.

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Axe - 07-28-2007

@Doom - You of all people should know not to fly head on with a bomber, although it is tempting. Tell your BSG pilots to stay wide and you'll never hit them with those novas. The bomber is an easy target if you think about what you're up against. A big, comparatively slow, tank with weapons that are almost as slow as a ship in thrust. I'm sure you'll see that agility, when used correctly, will win out against it. Also, in my opinion, the nova is supposed to be a gun, but the enormous power generated when it fires requires a more stable hard point then, say, a wing. So it gets mounted on a torp slot which are situated on the main body, giving it some stability.

@Korrd - Yes, the B&B of the RH bomber needs balancing. The Taiidan is fine. And if you remember that fight, you took me out just before that gunboat was brought down, so your fighter served it's purpose, correct?

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Korrd - 07-28-2007

Yea. But I think you only got 10%-15% of all my shoots, and my new loadout is very accurate. Either I suck, or you dodge too well.:P

Never EVER attack a bomber frontally. Try to stay on his tail.
You stay on the tail of a less maneuverable ship, or try to attack frontally if the opponent is more maneuverable than you are.

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Axe - 07-28-2007

Haha, I'd like to think it was the latter. :D

I don't know, I always find it a lot harder to hit someone if they aren't flying against me. I know I wasn't aiming for you at that point, so that might have been why. As soon as a fighter gets on your 6, it's hard to whip that bomber around and go on the offensive. I usually switch targets at that point, if there are any.

EDIT:

Ah, you prove my point Hylden. It is not the bomber at fault, but your patience. Learn to master the skill of waiting and you might not die, young grasshopper. Think of how long it takes for a single bomber to take on a battleship...

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - pipsqueak - 08-06-2007

Okay every one that is complainging that the bomber is too powerful..... go buy one. Sheesh... if it is that powerful and uber strong, why arent you flying one? who is stopping you ? Its is really strange to see so many people wailing about the bomber while sitting in their shiny Massive Battleships.

I fly a bomber and have done decent against fighters and capships, and I have died too. When I first started, I killed a few xenos and bought the slipstream at a Lane Hacker base. When I came back to NY and a RH bomber challenged me to a duel. I had 2 Adv delibs and 4 high refire lvl 7 guns (dont remember what, vassagos I think). I agreed.

Granted, I am not a very good fighter, but once I got behind him after the first pass in Connecticut , I shot at his arse off. In a minute or two, he had lost all his batteries and nono botts. Poor guy ended up hiding in that hole in Newhaven station to regen his shield. You think bombers are too fast ?, try using a slipstream, Wyrm or a Avenger. These light fighters are too fast to get hit and if the bomber dont get them in the first pass, he has to run. Unless you think going to turret view in the RH bomber is a good idea, if you approach a bomber from behind a certain way, only one lvl 5 turret is facing you.
Remember, if you are in a fight against a bomber in a fighter. The bomber is the puncer and you are a counter puncer. One hit from him and its lights out for you, but speed is on your side. Keep chipping away till it dies.

Good Luck and Pix out.

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - GrayFox436 - 01-19-2008

It seems like people have forgotten how to adapt. I would go on but I think our esteemed friend Axe said it pretty well. Use what you get, people. This is not a perfect world. Not everything balances out in the end. Learn your strengths and your opponent's weaknesses. If you know yourself and you know your enemy then you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles.

For the record, almost all the bomber pilots I have faced so far have been exceptional. All, uh, five of them. I try to stay away from bombers. Viscious little buggers, they are.

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - frozen - 01-19-2008

uuhh.. grave digging? :unsure:

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - pchwang - 01-19-2008

Major grave-digging. Major.

ADMIN NOTICE: 3 deaths rule - Kane - 01-19-2008

Powers take it people, WHAT THE FRAK DID I SAY ABOUT PRACTICING NECROMANCY!?

One, don't read the Necromonicon. It lies. Two, DON'T DO IT! Trust me, I've tried using that book before and it doesn't work. You need more potent stuff then that...

Oh yes, and...

[color=#FF0000]-LOCKED-