Discovery Gaming Community
Phantoms are openly recruiting? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Phantoms are openly recruiting? (/showthread.php?tid=37954)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - Sprolf - 04-06-2010

It's the classic dichotomy of:
"Hate it if it isn't yours, love it if is."

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - AJBeast - 04-06-2010

' Wrote:It's the classic dichotomy of:
"Hate it if it isn't yours, love it if is."

It's more of a case of most people being a bunch of hypocrites. Or they just want a cheap way to get their PvP buzz. Or they are bandwagon haters.

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - rhodes - 04-06-2010

Or all of the above

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - Zelot - 04-06-2010

Please guys, you will notice if you look at what section of the forums we are in, that it's not flood. Lets at least try to stay moderately on topic, this thread is designed so we can answer questions and give advice, if it is clogged by needless spam, then we wont be able to be very helpful.

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - Prysin - 04-06-2010

i fly a scimitar.... if my app gets accepted, can i keep it or do you reccomend the penumbra?

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - Zelot - 04-06-2010

' Wrote:i fly a scimitar.... if my app gets accepted, can i keep it or do you reccomend the penumbra?

It is very unlikely that characters will be able to keep their ships, if there is a Phantom ship for that class, you will almost certainly be flying it.

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - Cosmos - 04-06-2010

To be fairly honest.. The current Phantom ships are great.

I know my characters Role play would strike much more fear in the opponents eyes if I flew the shadow or the Penumbra.

Even if I don't get accepted I'm still going to RP the character and maybe one day get a terrorist ID and a special ship for it.

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - Akura - 04-06-2010

' Wrote:To be fairly honest.. The current Phantom ships are great.

You really don't know do you...?

On a more serious note, I noticed the apps fit into these catagories:

1.) Well constructed, good RP, understanding
2.) Doesn't get the Phantoms at all, wants shiny things
3.) Troll post for lulz
4.) Really, really, epically fails at understanding what the Phantoms are, and what we do

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - Zapp - 04-06-2010

' Wrote:I fail to see what is going on here.

Why have some people that have criticized Phantoms for having no roleplay at all placed that they want to join Phantoms for better roleplay experience? I mean seriously people.. Don't lie in their face.

Yes Zelot, this isn't Flood, but here's a valid answer that deserves a valid response.

There's four types of people:

1. Phantoms
2. People that like the Phantoms because they've seen good RP from them or whatever reason
3. People that dislike Phantoms because they got caught in a kill-fest or something on their trader and lost money for their next shiny ship
4. People that dislike Phantoms because they saw them in action, went "Oh, I want" and then didn't get it because whatever reason

Now, the first kind doesn't need to apply.

The second kind will apply if they think they have a character that fits.

The third kind likely won't apply, or will apply with a troll post that mocks Phantoms.

The fourth kind sees their opportunity and sets aside their dislike because they have a chance to become one.

(Disclaimer: these are huge generalizations; if you're 'none of the above' or have different reasons, don't slam my PM box or reply going "THAT'S NOT ME! LIAR!")

Phantoms are openly recruiting? - mrgrey - 04-06-2010

It is a good move.
Thanks lads- even if ya'll be buried under mass amounts of ,,ichwannerjoin" requests.

Erm: ,,everyone...wants....to..be...in
hmm...really..everyone?"

Lets see if it was true what you've told about that ,,you recruit from all classes".

... Good luck to all....