Discovery Gaming Community
to the Admins - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: to the Admins (/showthread.php?tid=6196)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

to the Admins - Lohingren - 02-14-2008

@ chopper

when was the time you had to fight that force??? the 3 bs's etc i mean

was RoS involved if we where im absolutely sorry >.< thats just bad sportsmanship.

i wont deny i used Edge and Arch to fight about 8 of you, but yeah that was at the time i was annoyed about the constant invasions from well everyone.

but 3 bs's thats just wrong seriously. i don't think edge was a part of that one, to my knowledge i ain't ever used Edge when Legacy/alhambra/fantasia is around, used it once or twice with legacy though

EDIT: the 2 times i used edge with legacy was fighting off TT and fighting off a Corsair invasion when it was only me and the pilot in alpha vs 5 gbs 2 bombers and a fighter (yes overkill but it was the only chance of victory when you are outnumbered 2-8)

and before everyone says it thats just sad (if they them ships where skilled they would have taken 2 bs's easily but they were not thankfully)

to the Admins - Panzer - 02-14-2008

Nah, wasn't that bad. Been there, we nailed one h4x3r GB of yours and... well... i ain't sure I saw Rosies there. Fantasia - for sure, some big, phat Spyglass too. The current 66(6)th did most of the pwnzoring. And the suicide attack was my idea:crazy:. Saw a /decent/ number of normal, clanned Outcasts so wanted to give everyone a nice, hard fight before everyone logged off. It looked a bit like this when I saw what was on the other side of the hole

[Image: trurob-5.jpg]

But at any rate - there WERE those pesky Outcast independents there. Problem with them and the Corsair indies is: unpredicatbility and numbers. They like the Bandits in Fallout. I wouldn't mind that actually... if they weren't so bloody many and messing up potentially fun fights.

to the Admins - Epholl - 02-14-2008

i am not for nerfing capships even more...

People in factions know how to fly ships... If capships wont be worth flying anymore, factions will simply stop flying them, but stupid independants will still keep capship whoring even if they will get killed so easily...

A bit money problem when a capship dies (Jinx's 1% weapons and co. sounds the best to me..)

And a bit a council of older players (faction leaders and their asistants) should get stories about independant (and faction maybe too) capships and decide if the capship will get a license to be flown or not... And maybe sending some secret characters to interact with the capship once it was alloved to see if the RP story was only a cover or it was okay...

Independant capships have a good role in Disco (Persephone, Prospector, Mon Star...?), but only if they are more focused on RP, than on PvP.

to the Admins - chopper - 02-14-2008

' Wrote:@ chopper

when was the time you had to fight that force??? the 3 bs's etc i mean

was RoS involved if we where im absolutely sorry >.< thats just bad sportsmanship.

i wont deny i used Edge and Arch to fight about 8 of you, but yeah that was at the time i was annoyed about the constant invasions from well everyone.

but 3 bs's thats just wrong seriously. i don't think edge was a part of that one, to my knowledge i ain't ever used Edge when Legacy/alhambra/fantasia is around, used it once or twice with legacy though

EDIT: the 2 times i used edge with legacy was fighting off TT and fighting off a Corsair invasion when it was only me and the pilot in alpha vs 5 gbs 2 bombers and a fighter (yes overkill but it was the only chance of victory when you are outnumbered 2-8)

and before everyone says it thats just sad (if they them ships where skilled they would have taken 2 bs's easily but they were not thankfully)

You were, but in gunboats tops, so nothing was said to you:)

Yup, as Panz said, Fantasia, that HM guy in Spyglass (hacker in alpha?:)), and one more Battleship, i think 202nd, not sure though.
Actually, most kills took that Hacker, 3 or 4 i think, I'm sure it was a rampage, but don't know if he killed anyone after it.

Anyway, Duke, agreed on that one. But at least it's in RP.

to the Admins - MrCynical - 02-14-2008

' Wrote:And a bit a council of older players (faction leaders and their asistants) should get stories about independant (and faction maybe too) capships and decide if the capship will get a license to be flown or not... And maybe sending some secret characters to interact with the capship once it was alloved to see if the RP story was only a cover or it was okay...

That'll just cause aggro and bureaucracy, neither of which we really want. A server rule restricting cap-whoring would be a better idea: maybe something like 'a capital ship may not attack fighters unless the capital ship and the fighter are members of opposing factions'.

to the Admins - Equinox - 02-14-2008

We could all and I mean everyone would have to do this to work totally ignore the independents ingame.

So say LSF are having a nice fair fight with say the Lane Hackers and here they come bulking independents in there cap ships the LSF and LHs either brake of or take the fight elsewhere.

Whenever they come to a fight just tell them there not welcome and if they don't leave brake of and move the fight elsewhere.

If no one is going to actually "play" with them they would soon get the message that there not welcome.

to the Admins - Epholl - 02-14-2008

I already abandoned the idea and posted my opinion on Eppy's thread.