Discovery Gaming Community
Recreating the Phantoms? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Recreating the Phantoms? (/showthread.php?tid=68481)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Recreating the Phantoms? - dodike - 11-22-2011

' Wrote:Did anyone actually READ what was in the first post? I mean really READ it...

NOBODY wants to Bing Back the Phantoms.

It is a matter of using otherwise, as the ENTIRE community agrees, WASTED SPACE.

The idea doesn't even include anything about Terrorist factions or even a ZOI. It was simply about using the current memory every computer connected to this mod uses already, for something that could be useful.

***Shakes head and closes discovery forums disgustedly.***
That depends entirely on what the "something" is.

*Dodike waits for a presentation.*

Recreating the Phantoms? - Dane Summers - 11-22-2011

The idea of parting out the snubline to the LSF would be a good idea.

Point is, the ships, bases, and systems cant be messed with since they are being used without problem on other disco servers.

Recreating the Phantoms? - Tenacity - 11-22-2011

' Wrote:The idea of parting out the snubline to the LSF would be a good idea.

Point is, the ships, bases, and systems cant be messed with since they are being used without problem on other disco servers.

Other disco servers have a small fraction of the population the main disco RP 24/7 server has, plus the developers are working for -our- server, not those other servers. If changes are made, those other servers will just have to deal with it.

Recreating the Phantoms? - dodike - 11-22-2011

Besides lots of other changes are happening anyway. For example the whole IMG shipline is going to CR and so on.

Recreating the Phantoms? - Death.RunningVerminator - 11-22-2011

I think many people here are missing the point. Tenacity brought forth the idea of not BEING ANOTHER GROUP OF PHANTOMS, but just using what's already there for something perhaps ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. I've already said this before, i think it's a good idea and i support it. But it seems many people posts lengthy reasons as to why nothing should be done because they think it's another pirate/terrorist 'we kill everything' faction that will emerge. Welp, i don't think that's the case here.

Recreating the Phantoms? - fencore - 11-22-2011

We've said it over and over again. Nothing is going to be created in the place the Phantoms occupied. Their tech will not be available off the bat. It will not be removed, and the Phantom impact on various lines will still remain, but nobody's claiming Phantom stuff at this point.

The possibility to obtain these things does exist, of course. But you must prove yourself. Go make your faction on a generic ID, set your stuff in line, and go be awesome on the server. If your ideas are so great, implement them. Make them work. Stop talking about how awesome they are and go be awesome. Make the group fantastic. Go for official, and then once you've displayed a worthiness for the equipment and ID, you can make an application, and we'll take a look at it. Convince us you deserve the stuff.

Until then, no Phantom stuff. No. Phantom. Stuff.

Save it and frame it.