Discovery Gaming Community
EVE Roster - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: EVE Roster (/showthread.php?tid=76153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

EVE Roster - Craboduck - 07-29-2012

Macker Ra'Keth

I'm not playing for a 2 or 3 months due to rl, but will return in a couple of weeks.

EVE Roster - Dab - 07-29-2012

' Wrote:There's nothing to build from in dronelands!
Try shooting rocks.

EVE Roster - Craboduck - 07-30-2012

That is what solar cityzens do, but there's so few of them actually mining, that it's much cheaper to JF all the minerals from Jita.

EVE Roster - Dab - 07-30-2012

' Wrote:That is what solar cityzens do, but there's so few of them actually mining, that it's much cheaper to JF all the minerals from Jita.
You'd actually get better mineral prices in Dodixie and Rens (or is Hek the more populated Minnie hub now?).

Dodixie often has the best mineral prices of the 4(5) hubs, with Rens/Hek coming in second, followed by Amarr, and Jita having the highest. Jita is good for Isotopes (though you can still save a small amount buying them from racial hubs, but if you need all 4, Jita is the best place to get them together at the lowest price in one location), Liquid Ozone, moon goo, and t2 construction material. Everything except Isotopes (excluding Oxygen) and Liquid Ozone for building fuel blocks can actually be found cheaper in Dodixie.

I operate mostly out of Dodi, and I've found grabbing my Liquid Ozone and Hydrogen, Helium, and Nitrogen Isotopes out of Jita allows me to make huge profit margins. Or, if the market has too much overcompetition at the time, I can use the amount of ISK I save to undercut them and crash the price, which will do a sort of "reset" on the market competitors as some move to other more profitable goods. Usually gives 2-4 weeks of lower amounts of competition which leads to better profit margins over the long term, and makes turning around my production faster and easier, since there is less 0.01 ISK games to play.

A few t2 materials can also be found cheaper in Dodi than Jita, but very few, and they often have low quantities available, so you have to grab them as they are available. I don't have information on the comparison in t2 material prices between Jita and the other hubs. Thus, unless Amarr is great in t2 material availability, Jita is still the best place to grab that.

Best ship prices depend on location. They are dictated by supply, demand, and local mineral costs. Gallente space, for example, will net the best prices for Gallente t1 ships. Any ships high in Nocxium requirements will often have their best prices found in Amarr space, which has the best sources of high-sec Nocxium. I noticed today that Retrievers were a sight more cheaper in Dod than Jita, I'm assuming due to the differences in mineral prices. This is further reinforced by the fact that Dod's Retriever demand is almost as high as Jita's, since Gallente space is quite popular for mining (which is partly why we have the lowest mineral prices).

Gallente space is really no further away from Dronespace than Jita is either, so if you're going purely for minerals, buying it from Gallente space might actually be a good plan.

Also, don't believe the numbnuts that say Dodixie is dying as a trade hub. It's actually quite vibrant and competitive.

And no, Oursulaert isn't a trade hub, hasn't been for years. Don't know why some price checking sites still list it. Everything in Ours usually has a 5-15% markup over Dod.

EVE Roster - Craboduck - 07-30-2012

And I was wondering what was they doing in highsec.. Now it seems to me much more complicated that I believed to. Thank you, I find it wery usefull.

EVE Roster - jerkovile - 07-30-2012

Hey is eve still just for online or they build and some sort SP maybe?

EVE Roster - Dab - 07-30-2012

Just online. They don't sell the game, they sell subscriptions, so a single player setup wouldn't net them any money. Though if you download the Beta you can play on Singularity in a sort of single-player method. Even pvp is regulated on singularity to allow for people to have an easier time testing new features for bugs.

EVE Roster - jerkovile - 07-30-2012

Aha that is nice only my one big problem is I dont have Internet:(:$well that is my problem anyway thank you for answer and sory because bad english

EVE Roster - Craboduck - 08-13-2012

I'm back to game now. So, how's ingame discovery chat called anyway?

EVE Roster - Dab - 08-13-2012

Put me on your contact list; Debiru. Make sure to check the "Send notification" button when you do. I can add you to the chat after that.