Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - McNeo - 05-20-2008

Im afraid I need to agree with the naysayers here. It may just be that I've never had the pleasure of conversation with Xoria, but I also do believe that experience is needed. True, longer doesn't neccessarily mean better, but it is definately more of a help than a hindrance.

It might be an elitist view, but to be honest, I dont think experience can be a bad thing.

I vote "no" for now.

@Equinox: Myself and Eppy will never get a shot because we're way too biased to either side (Corsairs and Outcasts) and this regularly affects my judgement, at least... can't really speak for Eppy on that.

Xoria for server administrator - bluntpencil2001 - 05-20-2008

' Wrote:Edit: I don't understand why some people seemed to have been looked over, there are people that have been here much longer and have just as much potential to be good admins, the people I think should also get a shot are McNeo, bluntpencil, Dboy and maybe even Epyon.:P
LOL, I'm too much of an *sshole! Thanks, though. <Goes off laughing to himself...>

EDIT: Wow, that's a swear word these days? It was more than four letters!

Xoria for server administrator - BaconSoda - 05-20-2008

I voted yes. From when I was here, Xoria seemed and still seems very helpful to new players, able to make compromises, and yet consistent with punishment (From what I have seen on the forums). He gets a two thumbs up from BaconSoda.

Xoria for server administrator - DBoy1612 - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:the people I think should also get a shot are McNeo, bluntpencil, Dboy and maybe even Epyon.:P

o.O
Me?
Err...
Meh, not sure on that one, dunno if I'd be right for it. I'll stay in my box for now. ^_~

Xoria for server administrator - Vero - 05-21-2008

A question for those concerned about Xorias inexperience here at Discovery.

A forum Moderator, a member of the Angels, a faction leader, author of many informative and well thought out posts, 700+ hours in game; is not enough time or experience?

What exactly are the qualifications youd like to see?
Would a year or two on the forum and 3,000 posts better qualify someone?

Im not trying to flame here. I just want a general idea of what criteria you believe would qualify someone.

Thanks,
V

Xoria for server administrator - Tanker - 05-21-2008

I also think yes!

Xoria for server administrator - Equinox - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:A question for those concerned about Xorias inexperience here at Discovery.

A forum Moderator, a member of the Angels, a faction leader, author of many informative and well thought out posts, 700+ hours in game; is not enough time or experience?

What exactly are the qualifications youd like to see?
Would a year or two on the forum and 3,000 posts better qualify someone?

Im not trying to flame here. I just want a general idea of what criteria you believe would qualify someone.

Thanks,
V

No but the people Ive mentioned have those qualities aswell as having been here for years and have been VERY active on the forums doing all the things that Xoria has done, my point being is why are these people being over looked?.

There are many more people I could add to the list I posted that are more than qualified to become mods or admins, they have everything Xoria has plus the experience of being here allot longer which does mean something in my book.

Not that I don't like Xoria, because I don't even really know him, I just don't get a good vibe from some of his posts which is why I voted no.

Xoria for server administrator - AdamantineFist - 05-21-2008

I voted yes. Seems he has good experience, he seems good with the new players, and, of course, all of the reasons mentioned by Vero.

Xoria for server administrator - Dusty Lens - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:Edit: I don't understand why some people seemed to have been looked over, there are people that have been here much longer and have just as much potential to be good admins, the people I think should also get a shot are McNeo, bluntpencil, Dboy and maybe even Epyon.:P

*DL grabs his crayon and scribbles in:AND LETS NOT FORGET DUSTY LENS! A VOTE FOR DUSTY LENS IS A VOTE FOR THE FUTURE!*

Xoria for server administrator - Thexare - 05-21-2008

I am not a fan of his tone (echoing the concerns about him coming off as a bit arrogant and condescending). However, I think that at this time the need for more administrators is far more of a concern than that, and so he gets a Yes, with some slight reservations.