Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 11-15-2006

Oh man that's looking good! I can't wait for the upcoming version Korrd!

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-15-2006

Thanks.

@Night: I have the right programs to make the icons from the images you sent me. The only problem is that if i remove the alpha channel, the icon does not look well as the "alpha'ed" colors are converted to the closest color, hence making the icon look as if it were cut from some image with all and background left there. (as if you cut an icon from an image with pink background, leave the background in that cut icon, and try to paste it on a image with gray background).

That, the beta version warning, a little code optimization, and another minor stuff here and there, is all that is left to do before release of the 1.0.1b version.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DBoy1612 - 11-15-2006

COOL. That looks awesome Korrd. Man I really can't wait till that comes out.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Nightfall - 11-15-2006

I have an idea, it's gonna take some hard manual editing pixel by pixel but I'll try to get something of it. Also, probably needs a separate edit for each size (!?) I mean, the 24-bit thing is easy, allows gradients in the transparency...

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-16-2006

Here it is the fam with the new icons...
As you can see, the problem with the delete icon when converted to 24bits...

[Image: fammy9.jpg]

Night, could you make a new icon for the new button there?
I'm still unsure on the about icon... it looks out of place...

If you are willing to nightfall, could you make the following modifications to the icons?
I've tried myself, but lets just say that they didn't look pretty after i edited them (in fact, don't ask for an image on how they looked like after I edited them. Its creepy ;))

--The import icon could use a FL-like arrow instead of the helmet. Like the one posted below, but not that one. Just one on that style...
--The scan icon could use the classical ship icon of the FL HUD instead of the helmet. The helmet is too repetitive.
--I'm not sure about delete... It looks like fl is going to be removed if you click it... Maybe the classical ship icon with the red x on it? Or that recycle bin icon of the jettison cargo screen, but 32x32.

Arrow: [Image: arrowbo1.png]
Ship: [Image: shiprg4.png]

The Freelancer Account Manager - DBoy1612 - 11-16-2006

OOO. Shiney.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Nightfall - 11-16-2006

Korrd,Nov 16 2006, 03:58 AM Wrote:Night, could you make a new icon for the new button there?
I'm still unsure on the about icon... it looks out of place...

If you are willing to nightfall, could you make the following modifications to the icons?
I've tried myself, but lets just say that they didn't look pretty after i edited them (in fact, don't ask for an image on how they looked like after I edited them. Its creepy ;))

--The import icon could use a FL-like arrow instead of the helmet. Like the one posted below, but not that one. Just one on that style...
--The scan icon could use the classical ship icon of the FL HUD instead of the helmet. The helmet is too repetitive.
--I'm not sure about delete... It looks like fl is going to be removed if you click it... Maybe the classical ship icon with the red x on it? Or that recycle bin icon of the jettison cargo screen, but 32x32.

I thought that's what it's going to happen, but I hoped it won't.. the jagged edges and stuff, anyway, why I made the helmet thing so repetitive: consistent and logical look, I mean, it's 'scan freelancer accounts' (hence the usage of the FL icon - helmet, you'll notice I based my design on expanding the original icons for the game and the server). Same goes for Import and Export icons. I agree about the Delete icon. :)

Either way, I'll try some ideas, see what we can come up with...

The Freelancer Account Manager - Qunitinius~Verginix - 11-16-2006

BUt when we DL this, all our old accts and stuff will still be there right?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-16-2006

Of course. I've included a routine that will convert the database to the new format. It will also allow you to import the old ADF file without problems.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 11-17-2006

This is coming along well. I am so looking forward to this! :)