Discovery Gaming Community
Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) (/showthread.php?tid=104330)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Dubstep - 11-09-2013

I'm gonna have to use some "Remember when..." here.

Did you know that you could kill even a skilled fighter with a bomber?
Did you know that everyone flew the Roc because it was op?
Did you know that PvP aces existed on this server, and they all had to be in different factions during group fights because that's the only way said groupfights would last over 10 minutes?
Did you know that [RHA] was known for having the most skilled PvP aces and having the best group fighting strategies?
Remember OPG?
Remember the original [LN]-Gold squad and the secrecy surrounding it, such as frequently renaming their ship codes so people couldn't find out who they were because they could win entire group fights on their own?
Remember the original MercNet?
Remember Tic, the richest person on Discovery back in the day?
Remember [LN] / XA and [RM] / [RHA] group fights?
Remember Bs| ?
Remember The_Joker and his gang?
Remember when Joe, Dusty and Virus were admins?
Remember when this game was fun?

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Blackvertigo1 - 11-09-2013

Back when Freelancer stole my tech?

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Durandal - 11-09-2013

Pepperidge farm remembers.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - sindroms - 11-11-2013

Ramming used to be sanctionable and I remember a certain corsair raid in 84, when, I shait you not, the whole fight had to -stop- because people were trying to decide if there was ramming involved between one of their caps and a pair of OC snubs. The whole fight. Just. Stopped.

QQ commenced.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Wiz - 11-11-2013

Remember when Tau-23 used to be full of Indie miners/Traders most of the day!?

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Manny Calavera - 11-13-2013

Cordes Outpost used to be Council base named Reunion Station before Gallia invaded Sirius.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Vipera Berus - 11-13-2013

(11-09-2013, 12:23 AM)Dubstep Wrote: Did you know that you could kill even a skilled fighter with a bomber?
Did you know that everyone flew the Roc because it was op?
Did you know that PvP aces existed on this server, and they all had to be in different factions during group fights because that's the only way said groupfights would last over 10 minutes?
Remember the original [LN]-Gold squad and the secrecy surrounding it, such as frequently renaming their ship codes so people couldn't find out who they were because they could win entire group fights on their own?
Remember [LN] / XA and [RM] / [RHA] group fights?
Remember Bs| ?
Remember The_Joker and his gang?
Remember when Joe, Dusty and Virus were admins?

These I remember - and speaking of the Joker - used to be good excuse for a junker to hang about and collect scrap.

I remember the days when you could actually encounter a Phantom - the huntress looked awesome. I also remember you couldn't pirate in anything larger than a GB. used to be possible.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Avalanche - 12-18-2013

We once got the entire server to invade the old Admin battleship in the Omicrons. We were all killed by a cat.

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - Mercarryn - 12-31-2013

• Battleship Isis in Omicron MInor had to get light mortars and was still vaporising any enemy cap, that go too close to it, thus earning the name "Left hand of God"?
  • with late 5.85 Turret steering was introduced by altering the DSACe to get it activated?(or some sort of other file, cannot remember exact file)
  • Using cruise engines during a fight counted as PVP death?
  • Hogosha ID was allowed to pirate within Kusari, but KNF treated them as civilians instead of criminals? (God, all the QQ that was caused by the Hogo indies)

RE: Did you know that.... (Discovery edition) - sindroms - 01-07-2014

No, it was just called Isis. Isis is like...BL-10 of Disco, you might not have seen it, but you will know what it is once you encounter it.

Anyway.

Did you know that the current amount you can type ingame is actually just a bit more than twice than it originally was?

Yes. The line as the one above was the typing limit, which is why many did not bother with elaborate posts and from which we still have our "HALT" is not a demand rule.