Discovery Gaming Community
Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? (/showthread.php?tid=126539)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - Swifty - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 08:02 AM)Mímir Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 07:59 AM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: So what if someone leaves and comes back, cloaked or not. If the rules are followed, that's just playing the game.

Don't you see that it is a very bad game if everyone does that? Is it even a game?

Don't bother, Mimir. I doubt he would understand anything no matter how much you try to explain it to him.

On topic - As Mimir said, remove them. They are a bad influence.

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - freelancer knux - 02-26-2015

Removing them is a bit rough personally I use my cloaks to retreat if I'm out of the fight just to keep myself alive I like trying to avoid death if I can but I have never even considered rearming and returning doesn't that defeat the purpose of the fight? I mean I fight and I'm bout to go down so yeah I cloak and flee but I still count that as a loss I don't come back that is just ridiculous and really questionable RP.

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - Binski - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 08:09 AM)Carter Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 08:02 AM)Mímir Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 07:59 AM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: So what if someone leaves and comes back, cloaked or not. If the rules are followed, that's just playing the game.

Don't you see that it is a very bad game if everyone does that? Is it even a game?

Don't bother, Mimir. I doubt he would understand anything no matter how much you try to explain it to him.

On topic - As Mimir said, remove them. They are a bad influence.

Probably best not to get into it when you're sour. That's rich coming from you. Remove your cloaks Carter and put your money where your mouth is!

Not 'everyone' does it though. You have this perception where its happening everywhere all the time. I think its an awesome epic game that allows that, and makes for very interesting RP. We're not playing vanilla for a very good reason.

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - Jaffa - 02-26-2015

I don’t see the point of this discussion anymore. Different people have different opinions and you won‘t change that no matter what you say. Or do you think that your opinion is superior and must be recognized? I think that both sides already made their points, so please stop arguing and wait for the next patch.

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - Misfit - 02-26-2015

Cloaks are fine I don't see what everyone's on about.

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - PRJKTLRD - 02-26-2015

I don't see what's wrong with current cloacking devices. It doesen't means that, they should be changed and nerfed just because, you were mad when you couldn't get your blue message. Some people perhaps aren't out there to fight but to for example, have a nice RP, you know?
If you ask me, cloacks are fine now, with these cloacking device batteries. They should be as they are now, that's their purpose, to give a chance to people to get away from battle, or scout. If you don't want people getting you away, you know, use /conn command and voila! You'll see yourself in place called Connecticut, where everyone's shooting and stuff. No- one is running away. They will even say "gf" which means "good fight". Eh? Eh?
And one more thing. You could disrupt cloacking process when it's charging, you-can-do-that. And same person doesen't has Counter Measures, and you have torps or missles. What do you wan't more on that? To make everyone not possible to run away from you?

I'm not mixing up realism with this game, I'm just putting some logic. There needs to be balance, if there is deadly weapons, deadly ships and skilled pilots, there should be also chance to run away from them of course, having less possibilities to fight, as I said, you don't have CMs then.

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - Pancakes - 02-27-2015

(02-26-2015, 01:38 PM)Project Lerdi Wrote: I don't see what's wrong with current cloacking devices. It doesen't means that, they should be changed and nerfed just because, you were mad when you couldn't get your blue message. Some people perhaps aren't out there to fight but to for example, have a nice RP, you know?
If you ask me, cloacks are fine now, with these cloacking device batteries. They should be as they are now, that's their purpose, to give a chance to people to get away from battle, or scout. If you don't want people getting you away, you know, use /conn command and voila! You'll see yourself in place called Connecticut, where everyone's shooting and stuff. No- one is running away. They will even say "gf" which means "good fight". Eh? Eh?
And one more thing. You could disrupt cloacking process when it's charging, you-can-do-that. And same person doesen't has Counter Measures, and you have torps or missles. What do you wan't more on that? To make everyone not possible to run away from you?

I'm not mixing up realism with this game, I'm just putting some logic. There needs to be balance, if there is deadly weapons, deadly ships and skilled pilots, there should be also chance to run away from them of course, having less possibilities to fight, as I said, you don't have CMs then.

There is a chance to run from them, It's called developing dodging skills.

Also, the only issue is currently with the Fighter Cloak, not the heavier ones as those are disrupted with a CD and you have plenty of time to do so.

Anyway, back to the gate-way thing, the time needed to invest to develop the skill to stay alive is far more than the time it takes to acquire the 100m a fighter cloak costs. If those were at the very least scaled to one anther, I'd consider it ok, but they're not. Making 100m takes about 1 hour of intensive trading.

In 1 hour you can escape death at a near "no matter what". Cloaks should have a viable counter, like a cloak radar if the charging time of fighter cloaks would stay like that. Or you can simply change the charging time from mere 3 seconds to about 8 seconds, at 3 seconds the time it takes you to figure out someone is cloaking, firing the CD and the CD hitting most likely he will be cloaked already.

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - nOmnomnOm - 02-27-2015

why not remove CMs too since they are used the retreat as well.
Im really surprised this topic is still going. The cloaking device can be countered with CDs. It is really the same people that complain about missiles that argue about this. use your CDs and you wont have issues.

It's also not like people could not get away before o.o
Like common.

Lets remove everything agile and have only heavy slow fat ships too. Yeah perfect.

i find most people that talk about this stuff though have no experience in the topic.

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - Pancakes - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 04:44 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: why not remove CMs too since they are used the retreat as well.
Im really surprised this topic is still going. The cloaking device can be countered with CDs. It is really the same people that complain about missiles that argue about this. use your CDs and you wont have issues.

It's also not like people could not get away before o.o
Like common.

Lets remove everything agile and have only heavy slow fat ships too. Yeah perfect.

i find most people that talk about this stuff though have no experience in the topic.

Read what I've wrote. The issue isn't with cloaks as a whole, only with the fighter ones. Also CMs have a percentage of actually working, and when you charge the cruise you go on impulse speed, easy to get in a 0 range and shoot a CD. Even if not you have a high chance of getting CDed.

Should also be noted that with the CMs case, you can be chased after, with the fighter cloak you can't.

RE: Cloaks - should they be a free pass to getting away? - nOmnomnOm - 02-27-2015

You can get chased after. Listen to the beeping and also keep spamming CDs even after the person cloaks. If you do that then they will still get tracked.
And yes im talking about Snub cloaking.

Snub cloaking also is vulnerable to missiles especially GB and higher. They were also nurfed quite well. I really still see no issue as there are plently of ways to counter. If you are against a cloaker then keep scanning to see if he is engaging cloak as his fuel will drop once his shield is down. if it goes down then keep CDing him until the 1 min passes and done.

if the argument comes to JHs and JGs, well then sir that is a counter to a counter. Simple as that.
if you jump out of a JH even and spam CMs then you wont get hit either by a CD that easily. the thing you say about being able to get chased, imo, you just need to get to the nearest lane and drop a mine. done.