Discovery Gaming Community
Guard ID's in 4.85 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Guard ID's in 4.85 (/showthread.php?tid=12662)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Tenacity - 10-22-2008

Quote:Lawful caps (anything bigger than a gunboat) won't be able to demand any contraband except for allied pilots, and the same goes for unlawful caps (again, anything bigger than a gunboat). Neither will be able to trade or collect bounties either.

Well this is dissapointing, I wont be able to stop people smuggling cardamine (or other contraband) through my own faction's guard system anymore?

Seems pretty ridiculous to have to sit there and watch smugglers fly right past you because of an ID restriction.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Orin - 10-22-2008

Gunboats aren't all being restricted to Guard IDs, Olsav... Please do some research before going off on a tangent... The Freelancer ID will work perfectly for you.

And the fact is, back then the community obviously wasn't as rediculously massive as it is now. Rules could be a lot more lax back then. Now, we've got 3 sanction reports every couple hours... it's not the same server.

So something new is being tried. Maybe it'll work, maybe not. Does that mean it shouldn't be tried? I don't think it's so uberly restrictive, in any case. Most of this new stuff is pretty obvious RP anyways, and should already be being followed. It's not, so something new is being attempted.

I do agree that missions should be a viable alternative to trading, though...

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Lt.Cmdr.Olsav - 10-22-2008

sorry for blowing out of proportion, i just got rather confused reading the three different threads dealing with ids.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 10-22-2008

Yeah... to get away from discovery's uptight rules and overkilling of capital ships and rule lawyering, i sometimes go to Discovery Kansas 24/7

It has no RP rules, or ZoI. (meaning a rhienland cruiser in liberty is ok.)
But hey, its sadly empty these past two versions...

If i really want a realease i go there.

But discovery really isnt that bad compared to some Halo Christian Servers... my god...

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Akumabito - 10-22-2008

' Wrote:whatever, it still has freeport in its name so i consider it zoner.

But it isn't.

This is the problem with undefined ZOI. Is New York outcast ZOI? After all there are outcast NPC's. There will be endless ZOI arguments allowing the admins to use sanctions personally rather than honestly because of the uncertainty.

If the ZOI's are not clearly defined this will be a cluster Felhood, and it will be because that's what the admins want it to be..

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Orin - 10-22-2008

The Admins want to make more work for themselves?

Ahh, that explains everything. Thanks for the clarification, Akuma.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Akumabito - 10-22-2008

' Wrote:The Admins want to make more work for themselves?

Ahh, that explains everything. Thanks for the clarification, Akuma.

No, you don't follow it all the way through, the admins want more flexibility in applying bias to sanctions. Undefined ZOI gives them that flexability.

Otherwise why wouldn't they define ZOI to begin with? What other reason would they have to allow the chaos and arguments that undefined ZOI will cause?

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Geisha_Maiko - 10-22-2008

This is going to kill and choke the server.

Speaking of guard ID rep, are there going to be Zoner mission so Zoners players can get the Zoner Guard ID ?

Guard ID's in 4.85 - n00bl3t - 10-22-2008

Valid concerns:

1) Will Zoners have missions?

2) Will a faction's ZoI be defined clearly and precisely?

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Jinx - 10-22-2008

no - i think it was stated clearly - zoners will not get missions. can t remember the thread - but from what i remember it was an official statement ( at that time ) that zoners would not get missions ( it was about missions against nomads, the only enemy ) - so... the only way to get a guard is to either do it now ... or ... well, i don t really know how it works when bribes won t affect the guard ID anymore... or much less.

we had a thread telling us how the guard IDs are going to work. - i gotto admit, i did not really understand it. but it sounded as if getting a guard ID would be MUCH harder and bribes wouldn t affect them anymore. - the concern back then was indeed about factions like the zoners. - killing their only enemy ( nomads ) doesn t affect the reputation, cause nomads are not linked to the general reputation systems.

however - maybe we can link nomads to the rep system - not in a ways that killing "everyone else raises them" but that killing them lowers them ( already the case ) and raises at least the zoners. ( mind, that would make the zoner reputation quite easy )