Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Capital Ship Changes (/showthread.php?tid=144552)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - Officially_that_Guy - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 06:16 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote: Anything will change in the Bustard Civilian Carrier? In equipment dealers, it show as blue (allowed to buy/mount) Battleships weapons, but it dont allow to buy them (normal hehe), it is normal to happen?

- The camera rear view its toooooo close to the ship nose.
- The cruise engine activation sound stop at 60% (+/-) maybe copy the config from Atlantis would works (I think it use same activation time)
- It is possible to add a thruster in Bustard? Cruisers have it, the Bustard equipment is Cruiser equipment as well.
The bustard was the replacement for the barge, which had no thrusters either. Out of curiosity, how does the viewpoint compare to, say, a liberty carrier?

Anyway, the bustard may have cruiser equipment, but it has more than twice the armor regular cruisers have (700.000), and the infocard reads "Light Carrier". On top of that the ship has a power core of 7.000k u with a regen of 220.000u/s , which is more than 3 times that of a regular cruiser. Keep in mind this is a general civilian vessel - not military issue.

Don't you think it would imbalance the whole cruiser class?

Just my two cents.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - JohnyWalker - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 06:34 PM)Officially_that_Guy Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 06:16 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote: Anything will change in the Bustard Civilian Carrier? In equipment dealers, it show as blue (allowed to buy/mount) Battleships weapons, but it dont allow to buy them (normal hehe), it is normal to happen?

- The camera rear view its toooooo close to the ship nose.
- The cruise engine activation sound stop at 60% (+/-) maybe copy the config from Atlantis would works (I think it use same activation time)
- It is possible to add a thruster in Bustard? Cruisers have it, the Bustard equipment is Cruiser equipment as well.
The bustard was the replacement for the barge, which had no thrusters either. Out of curiosity, how does the viewpoint compare to, say, a liberty carrier?

Anyway, the bustard may have cruiser equipment, but it has more than twice the armor regular cruisers have (700.000), and the infocard reads "Light Carrier". On top of that the ship has a power core of 7.000k u with a regen of 220.000u/s , which is more than 3 times that of a regular cruiser. Keep in mind this is a general civilian vessel - not military issue.

Don't you think it would imbalance the whole cruiser class?

Just my two cents.

About thrusters, its ok have sense hehe, was just curiosity due the equipment. About the camera... when looking backwards, the camera point is just above the nose... let me attach a photo, would be easier hahaha.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - Officially_that_Guy - 10-31-2016

Eh, i guess that's what you get for that overcompensator-piece of floating armor haha. Similar on many ships though.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - Epo - 11-01-2016

The LSC has -15 reverse. Your list says that it was meant to have -30.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - Antonio - 11-01-2016

The changes are in, I will update the OP. Only post feedback regarding the changes here, not the actual irregularities/bugs. To report those, post here.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - Unlucky_Soul - 11-01-2016

i logged in my legate and i still got 1900 bots. are bots supposed to be removed?

NVM: seems i can regen only once and thats it

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - Syf - 11-01-2016

Nanobots and batteries can still be on your ship regardless of the change, but if you sell a few you can't buy them back anymore. It's kind of a bug of sorts from what I know since FL doesn't really "remove" someone's bots and bats when a change happens in game files. You have to do it yourself.

So yeah. (sun)

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - Shaggy - 11-01-2016

(11-01-2016, 04:39 PM)Syf Wrote: Nanobots and batteries can still be on your ship regardless of the change, but if you sell a few you can't buy them back anymore. It's kind of a bug of sorts from what I know since FL doesn't really "remove" someone's bots and bats when a change happens in game files. You have to do it yourself.

So yeah. (sun)

The nanobots were removed from the CR Zephyr Carrier's so it should have worked?

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - Syf - 11-01-2016

Hmm.. then it's different in what it was on my case. I've had a point where I had more B/B's on a Salvager once ages ago when it got a change to the bot & bat count. I still retained the higher number before finally dropping down to the proper amount due to using/selling them.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Patch 4.88.6 Upcoming Capital Ship Changes - Unlucky_Soul - 11-01-2016

The Crecy needs a slight buff to its turn rate/agility. Its got the stats of a light cruiser but not the movement

That's intended for now because of the tricky shape, if the ship turns out to be too easy to hit, we'll review it. -Antonio