Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=17934)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-16-2010

I understand where you're coming from. I agree, the bounty board rules are ... something, anyway. We're only doing that now - and we've just started doing that - because we're being forced to.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - lousal - 10-20-2010

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - sadtranslation - 10-21-2010

Does the fact that you failed to obtain the property rights on Omicron-74 really hurt you that much?
That joke became so lame when repeated.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-21-2010

' Wrote:1: The question is "lawful by whose laws"?
2: - Nomad related RP is oversaturated, and in Delta it's just annoying
3: - regular Bounty Hunters who a really abiding to House Laws (where the term "lawful" has its greatest value) are probably sufferning from the Core actions, when taken into account the (temporary or not) alliance of the Core and the Sails
4: - on ID for both, the Core and the ordinary Bounty Hunters, is rather crap. Until recently there weren't many bounties in the Omicrons while the Core was permanently occupied with operations in Detla
5 - the attribute "lawful" does not mean anything outside of House Space, while characters really being lawful would either try to abide to the laws they're familiar with, or become "unlawful" resp. "neutral".

Irrelevant opinion snipped

My suggestion still:
6 - Forget the Order, don't focus on them because the Core hasn't achieved anything for a long time, so any intelligent leadership would have learned the lesson and switch tunes. What really matters is if you're able to get the technology access finally.
snipped irrelevant comments
7: - extend the Core's ZoI noticable; you guys are hanging around Delta as if there'd be something to gain; thus you might really want to return to some kind of vanilla when Zoners and BHG (Core is mercenary-like derivate for special purposes I'd say) had to cooperate

My opinion is mostly developed from the observations I've made among players, including their perception of the Core ("what are they good for?"), their problems to understand the Core RP without extensive studying ("they should be Bounty Hunters somehow"), and the Delta Problem (oversaturation of RP thus less possiblities).

I'll chip this down a bit into specific segments:
1: By our own codex, if nothing else. Were the Templars lawful? By their OWN laws, they were. And we still don't have an alliance with the |Sails or any other Corsair faction. NAP, yes. Alliance, no.

2: Well, it IS Delta,after all. Right next door to Nomad Central. So it's pretty tough for it to NOT be saturated with Nomad RP. Sort of - oh, look - Nomad npc's attack our base every 15 minutes. Seriously - sit outside Dabadoru in a Hunter ship. Someone put a damn Nomad patrol path right through the base.

3: Haven't seen anything, and just because you keep repeating it, doesn't make it so.

4: Have you ever actually LOOKED at our bounty board? Any and all Keepers, Wilde, Outcasts, Order, and up until recently, the Corsairs - have been eligible bounty targets for us since the day that board was started in June of 2009. I've changed the payouts a little, to keep things up with the changes in the board, that's all.

5: Answer # 1, rinse, repeat.

6: Who says we haven't achieved anything? We have Nomad guns on our Mantas. That's a significant achievement in its own right. Oh, and I'll just take the snipe at intelligence and file 13 it.

7: Okay, now have you read our ID for the BHG|Core? Especially when it compares to how the OLD ID used to read? Old ID read - Omicrons and Omegas, prohibited from entering Omicron Gamma and Alpha, Sigma 13, Omega 3 and 7. That was our ZOI, as determined by whoever wrote our ID for us.

Our ZOI is now effectively anything that's not considered house space. ANYWHERE that's not house space - Omicrons, Omegas, Sigmas, Taus, and any other system we can go into. If you recall, before things went to hell in Delta, we had a task force sitting in Orkney and Langaudoc, trying to see if we could get work in Gallia. And that's only for our CAP ships that have that restriction. You know what our ZOI is, for the BHG| and the BHG|Core if you're NOT in a cap ship?

Sirius.

All of it.

We're supposed to expand that how? (Oh, I know parts of Kusari we're not welcome, but we have contracts there to work on. And we obviously don't want to go into certain Guard systems, for diplomatic reasons. Other Guard systems - well, we go say hi to Nomads, Wilde, and Order in their systems pretty regularly.)

So basically your opinion is - Hey, I play Zoners, you're shooting at me now, so go pick on someone else. That's pretty much what it boils down to - because it's obvious from your comments that you haven't actually studied us in any way, or you'd already know this stuff.

Oh, and sad ... it's in our role-play now. If you pack up and leave, we're moving in. And if you don't pack up and leave, we're still considering moving in. Deal with it.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - BlueSpawn - 10-21-2010

' Wrote:Deal with it.

Somebody gives you some very good and mature criticism and you talk back like a three year old. Fantastic.

Why do you have this feedback thread? Your attitude reflects bad form and I'm going to recommend that as a faction leader you should try to keep an open mind and change your attitude towards negative criticism.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - akka1000 - 10-21-2010

' Wrote:Somebody gives you some very good and mature criticism and you talk back like a three year old. Fantastic.

Why do you have this feedback thread? Your attitude reflects bad form and I'm going to recommend that as a faction leader you try to keep an open mind and change your attitude towards negative criticism.

Ironic that you call Agmens feedback to sad's 'bad form', when sad had no valid feedback to start with...then again, he is one of your zoners

Im not faction leader, so I'll say it
Deal with it zoners

You've been allied with our enemies all this time, and now that you've pissed us off, we're gonna make you regret ever hearing about the order.

ps. dibs on livida when we take over

Oh, I thought he was talking to Lou. My bad.

In either case, this whole "we" vs. "you" thing is really starting to get annoying. We are all players here playing roles. I could easily be in BHG|Core and you could easily be in ZTC. This "you've been allied with our enemies all this time," makes sense comming from characters but when you hear players say it in OORP context it's really bizzare.

' Wrote:then again, he is one of your zoners

Deal with it zoners

You've been allied with our enemies all this time, and now that you've pissed us off, we're gonna make you regret ever hearing about the order.

I mean really man, listen to yourself. You are not a bounty hunter. You are a player. And this kind of attitude doesn't help things when most players are already hostile towards one another.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - akka1000 - 10-21-2010

I spose was more or less replying inrp. sorta

Theres always gonna be an 'us vs them'. most people have a faction that they like the most, connect with, whatever. A player strongly connected to another faction annoys you, your not gonna like em as much, and possible the faction with it. Thats whats happened with the sairs, BHG, order, zoners. I had no problem with the zoners until their players started acting stupid.

understand the point im trying to make?

Have you ever thought that everybody's been acting stupid, not just the Zoners, and the inability to realize that you're as stupid as the next guy is the reason why there is so much unrest on the server?

Take these feedback threads for example. How many people when faced with negative criticism reply, "thanks for the feedback, we'll consider it?" And how many people simply bark, snarl, and throw tantrums?

Having a favorite faction is one thing. Hating a group of players because you're "annoyed" with another faction is a very destructive mentality. I would much perfer if the entire server was having PvP slaughter fests from dawn to dusk while the actual community was shaking hands.

Instead we've got a cold war with occassional scirmishes and a player base that spends 90% of its time trashing "the other guy."

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - n00bl3t - 10-21-2010

' Wrote:Ironic that you call Agmens feedback to sad's 'bad form', when sad had no valid feedback to start with...then again, he is one of your zoners

Im not faction leader, so I'll say it
Deal with it zoners

They say Zoners do not distinguish between their characters and their players.

Wow.

Not much else to say really.