Discovery Gaming Community
Buccaneers NPC faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Buccaneers NPC faction (/showthread.php?tid=25272)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Buccaneers NPC faction - Violette - 08-24-2009

Bretonia lacks any actual pirates... So pirates in Bretonia would be awesome...

Buccaneers NPC faction - Capt. Henry Morgan - 08-24-2009

' Wrote:This gets the Pieguy Seal of Approval. You guys are freakin' sweet, and Bretonia needs a good solid pack of utter scoundrels with no ideals whatsoever.
Thanks for the thumbs up! Contact me on Skype when you can, I've got an event idea to run past you, and I couldn't get a PM to you.

Buccaneers NPC faction - jammi - 08-24-2009

' Wrote:I'd be careful about rewriting the History of Trafalgar.

Also, thanks for your previous assurances that the faction would be open.

One more thing- if you get NPC's- please, please, no Train CD's. That would make me sad.
You do know the entire concept of the Buccaneers was lifted from the Bretonian Timeline Wiki page? We didn't write the Plymouth/Trafalgar relation, it was already there. Also, our history gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside when I fly past the two Battleship wrecks:P

Buccaneers NPC faction - Donutman - 08-29-2009

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!

Buccaneers NPC faction - Panzer - 08-29-2009

Me sez:

Instead of making moar/moar/moar NPC factions, maybe have soome faction take another over? let's see...

Mollys are too rich/powerful to be pwnt, but maaaybeeee Gayans? A base her and there, depending more on academic funding than actual piracy... I'd figure teir.. benefactors are a bit pressed because of those pretty, yellw ships holding half-a-Leeds.

Carrie ain't stupid, jailing a few overly-greenish eggheads during war is generally easy because fewer people care about rights and such.

Next... Since the Buccaneers are apparently parent-house-friendly (Still Bretonians), I think Carrie would pick the lesser evil. So... go on, pinch Islay and maybe another eco-3k base, call it your own and keep raiding!

[/Lots of theorizing and what-if booschitte]

Buccaneers NPC faction - Turkish - 08-29-2009

' Wrote:I think a broken and abandoned station model retrofitted with some dock HPs wouldn't be a bad start.

I'm going to bring this to the forefront again as I see it as the most in-RP and viable solution that wont result in a sea change.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Capt. Henry Morgan - 08-29-2009

' Wrote:I'm going to bring this to the forefront again as I see it as the most in-RP and viable solution that wont result in a sea change.
I'm not against that at all. In fact, it would be perfect for our needs. I'm actually working on a system for us if it turns out that's the only way we'll get our own base, but I'm hoping it isn't necessary, since we don't really need a system.

What I'm working on isn't a stupid powergaming system, though. It's meant to be pretty much the most worthless chunk of real estate in Sirius. It'll only have one small base in it by the time I'm done. The rest is going to be worthless in terms of resources, dangerous due to radiation, thick asteroids in places, explosive gasses in others, and poor visibility all around. Basicaly, a little slice of hell.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Drake - 08-29-2009

But getting an NPC faction and getting a base (or bases) are entirely different topics. As an official faction, we can purchase our own system (if we had to)... The problem is, without an NPC faction all our bases would be Freelancer-repped, which just isn't suitable, since it means just about anyone could dock there.

We're in no hurry, but eventually our own NPC faction (whether or not we have any actual NPCs or bases, or if we'll need to purchase a system) would become necessary if we want to do more than operate off of Trafalgar.