Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty Hunter Gunship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Bounty Hunter Gunship (/showthread.php?tid=30390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Bounty Hunter Gunship - Andrew_Bonesovich - 12-13-2009

That new GS model looks great Jinx. I've always liked the more "armoured" version of the shipline personally.

Also, I've never wanted the Gunship to have all 6 turrets firing forward. Just 5 is a good compromise. The powercore already restricts it's firepower a lot, it's barely able to fire more heavy weapons effectively now.

Please, just include the new models and go for it.

Bounty Hunter Gunship - MarvinCZ - 12-13-2009

' Wrote:yes, tho im uncertain of the power core for Battlestar 2 (wich is posible to get if you have flawless RP)
Is that true? I didn't see anyone getting the Battlestar 2 and I hope it is just a wild guess, because that would be an even larger mistake...

Bounty Hunter Gunship - Jinx - 12-13-2009

no.... the battlestar 2 is not available for players either, no matter your RP, cause its too large to move around AND a BSG ship...

the decision about the revised models lays in the hands of the BHG faction. - if they wish the "old" mako back - the shipline cannot be revised, cause the revised ships don t match the line. - however - the new mako is rather disliked regarding to the "old mako" thread. - so currently, these ships hang around in limbo.

Bounty Hunter Gunship - Prysin - 12-13-2009

I love the GS model... but i think the current Mako is fine.... ugly but fine

Bounty Hunter Gunship - ... kur nubėgo? - 12-14-2009

' Wrote:I hope you never gets their either.... All i hear from you is WHINING... your just afraid that you will lose your ability to solo kill the bhg gs with your idiotic preatorian.... THEN GO FLY ONE FOR MORE THEN 45 SECONS... TRY RAID GAMMA, ALPHA, MINOR OR EVEN NEW YORK IN ONE...

AND GET OUTTA HERE IF ALL YOUR GONNA DO IS COMPARE 2 SHIPS THATS GALAXIES APART IN STATS AND FUNCTION

Wut? Dude, chill out, everythings fine. Take a deep breath or something, and if you have problems with accepting or reading other people opinions perhaps you should take a break from forums too. The pret has been nerfed after mjolnir was pwned in sails event : D so you don't need to worry about that. Besides I rather use fighter to kill bh gs. Sabre with krakens and inferno.

TO kill bh gs with bomber on your own is really hard job unless the bh gs captain do not knows how to use the ship. I wouldn't say it's unbalanced becouse it can dodge better than some bomber (looks at thor) can in the mod.

Nah nad I use a wide spectre of ships, not only corsair. (oh I just tend not to like any sort of caps, you know then you need to fight of 6+ tridentes and a dessie in 3 bombers you started to become pissed bit by bit)

Bounty Hunter Gunship - Stoat - 12-14-2009

' Wrote:- 4 forward only firing turrets
- 1 360 degrees turret
- 1 backwards only firing turret

so - its mostly simply adding one more turret firing forward while restricting the other 4 to the forward arc only. ( not much change there )

maybe a 5 turret gunship is a good compromise to live with?

Hmmm, 5 forward firing turrets eh? I like the sound of that, I like it a lot.
The GS is a lovely little ship, though it does really suffer against two ships though, imho, whether that be two bombers, or two VHFs, or one of each. Having the extra forward firing turret will make it a better ship to take in against multiple opponents.

Bounty Hunter Gunship - mjolnir - 12-14-2009

' Wrote:The pret has been nerfed after mjolnir was pwned in sails event : D so you don't need to worry about that.

I have never been in any sails event so you must be mistaken. There's a rather long history of praetorian discussions on both forums. So now a change was made, feel free to do some feedback on it in appropriate thread. I myself flew my praetorian in just 3 fights since the update and can't draw any conclusion yet.

But yes this kind of rumor is always the easiest to throw around and the one that people "know" is true.

Bounty Hunter Gunship - Blodo - 12-14-2009

Mjolnir wasn't in the RHA/Sails event, could have even seen him flying his RM in Hamburg at that very time... all the indies that were on it were just random people we picked up to fill in the numbers really. One of them was Jarek_70 even:P

Anecdotes aside, I am really not sure about 5 forward turrets... what I would suggest instead is to increase dps of all BHG capship turrets, and perhaps change BHG gunboat turrets to smaller refire but bigger damage for better hit and run capability.

Bounty Hunter Gunship - Dashiell - 12-14-2009

my last desparete suggestion in this endless discussion about bhg caps which is leading nowhere; use the revised bc and gs and make a slimmer Mako model or something.

but seriously, I give up.

Bounty Hunter Gunship - ... kur nubėgo? - 12-14-2009

' Wrote:I have never been in any sails event so you must be mistaken. There's a rather long history of praetorian discussions on both forums. So now a change was made, feel free to do some feedback on it in appropriate thread. I myself flew my praetorian in just 3 fights since the update and can't draw any conclusion yet.

But yes this kind of rumor is always the easiest to throw around and the one that people "know" is true.

That was more likely like a joke. Do not need to take it seriuos. Really.

Well I saw Jinx's new models. Seems like hitbox will be diffrent too. Well if it will be bigger I think it deserves some more firepower then.