Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Server testing #4 (/showthread.php?tid=56512)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - arvg - 03-14-2011

Odin to Bastet, shield up/down.

Loki to Bastet, Shield up/down.

Odin to Eagle, Shield up/down.

Odin to Odin, Shield up/down.

Odin to Insurgent, Shield up/down.

(yes my shield is down a lot... comes with flying a recognizable character name)

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Cannon - 03-14-2011

Thanks guys. Don't need anymore fighter versus figher stuff.
Quote:Found the problem and fixed it (it was a configuration error, duh).

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Syrus - 03-14-2011

Mh...20 to 40 mio per hour through trading...

Well, I mined about 2'000 niobium ore in 8 minutes on average in my small miner, selling the ore for 5'000
credits per unit. That takes the occasional pirate into account (because most times I mine like 2'200 - 2'500
ore in like 7 to 8 minutes). So...let's calculate this...

1'250'000 credits per minute, 75'000'000 credits per hour. This needs at least two 5k traders, better would be
three >4k traders. I don't think this is possible as a trader. At least if you aren't transporting ore. I haven't
tested mining with the new modifications yet...But I really doubt it's anywhere near that.
Should it be near that? Should it be possible to make 100 mio per hour? Well. It was nice, that's for sure.
Also because it required you to have some transports circling around and not yourself doing some boring
trading or mining all on your own. I still need to teach myself how to type with one hand while using the
mouse with the other though...It takes 9 hours to get a CAU VIII, but it also encourages at least a bit
cooperation between the players.
So, this isn't possible anymore. Maybe it was really too much. How much do I think should trading or mining
make? About 50 mio per hour. 18 hours of pure trading or mining is a LOT of time. Trust me.

I think the fields deplete too fast at the moment. While there aren't enough other places to go for some
factions, mostly because of low bonus, low droprate or just because there aren't many fields, it isn't really
fun having the fields deplete that fast. Try making the different ore-types more equal in droprate and price.
Give us more valuable fields.

And what I also would like to see is how much ore there's still left and how high the droprate is or
something. That'd really be great imo.

And rather than mining for a targeted ship, have a command which sets your mining target (something like
/t ... like /setmining or something, you type it, and as long as that target is close to you, you mine for him).
I didn't think this was that big of an issue, but if you're mining you will always target the new contacts to see
what IFF they show or what ship they fly. That's at least what I do. Losing a target can be annoying too. And
often you don't reallize that you have another ship targeted - so, it would be really nice to have this a bit
changed.
Overall I really like this though.

( About the ramming...
I did lose hull getting rammed by a Sabre while flying an Eagle, shields up. But I thought this was intended?
Would be better if just big ships ramming each others or big ships ramming small ships would cause
immediate hull damage even with shields up. <- that was yesterday btw. )

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - alphadog - 03-14-2011

' Wrote:And rather than mining for a targeted ship, have a command which sets your mining target (something like
/t ... like /setmining or something, you type it, and as long as that target is close to you, you mine for him).
I didn't think this was that big of an issue, but if you're mining you will always target the new contacts to see
what IFF they show or what ship they fly. That's at least what I do. Losing a target can be annoying too. And
often you don't reallize that you have another ship targeted - so, it would be really nice to have this a bit
changed.
press ctrl + T to unselect your target. Problem solved :laugh:

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Korny - 03-14-2011

' Wrote:@Valinor, thanks man. Found the problem and fixed it (it was a configuration error, duh).

Thanks. :cool:

' Wrote:press ctrl + T to unselect your target. Problem solved :laugh:
There's a hotkey for that?
Uuuh... I hope I have that still set. Thank you, I'll try it. ;|

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Charo - 03-14-2011

Disruptors don't seem to be tracking anymore Cannon

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Coin - 03-14-2011

' Wrote:if 23 million / hour is crap - i d like to know... :

- which trade route - that is also inRP ... earns you more. - possibly also with the dangers assessed to it.

- how much SC / hour is reasonable

' Wrote:The extremely simple Planet Manhattan->Planet New Tokyo->Planet Honshu->Newark Station route earns 34mil/hr in a 5k transport.

I haven't actually managed to find any lawful routes which earn more.

45m per hour as a smuggler in a BWT, travelling around house, border and edgeworlds, on a 72 stop trading route. fun.

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 03-14-2011

' Wrote:Disruptors don't seem to be tracking anymore Cannon

Re-target, than it should start tracking again. Anyway that glitch used happen less often that it does now.

Same goes for missiles as far as I saw it.
Even happened vs. NPCs.