Discovery Gaming Community
Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=59960)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - Prysin - 05-18-2011

Give Bombers their old (4.85.0) stats back PL0x

then give caps whatever buff Cam could dream of.

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - Aoyagi - 05-18-2011

' Wrote:You should understand that while I don't agree with the approach you suggested, I'm more confused by the attitude of other participants of discussion. To be honest, I'm against the restricted and totally overpowered ships, because it's a Freelancer, not a Factionlancer. Maybe I voiced the opposite opinion before, but it had changed.
Don't be confused, it's the Internet. You can't poke someone's eye out for being a moron. Yes, restricted is mostly bad. Overpowered is bad in the vast majority of cases. But powerful and expensive would be nice. Then again, expensive ships are impossible to have because of the 2 bn limit.

' Wrote:The problem is that too many people here ask not for a reasonable rebalance, but for the drastic changes - not taking into consideration that it will require the total rebalance of the whole fighting system. Eventually, there will be something noone can rebalance - the skills. I know players who can kill every fighter on their bombers - and the ones that have no problems fighting bombers in cruisers - just for a difference with the supposed average player who can't do that.
The fighting system is kind of broken anyway since no ship can attack more then a single target with its primary guns. What drastic changes do you exactly have in mind?

' Wrote:EMP Superonova sounds interesting, but I wonder how will the bombers deal hull damage then. Better guns? Working in pairs? Extra slot for CD?
Torpedoes, the real bomber weapon.

' Wrote:Ah, and another point - some factions that don't have Battleships and, sometimes, cruisers, have to face the opponent with a full shipline. Weakening bombers much will hit them badly.
Such factions are probably weak and are very likely to get vaporized by a much stronger enemy. Unless they come with allies, mercenaries or do a coordinated attack in decent numbers and ships selection.

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - sadtranslation - 05-18-2011

' Wrote:
Don't be confused, it's the Internet. You can't poke someone's eye out for being a moron. Yes, restricted is mostly bad. Overpowered is bad in the vast majority of cases. But powerful and expensive would be nice.
As I usually say, Discovery is fairily well balanced. While there is always something that doesn't fit the general picture, almost every ship can be used properly according to its specifics.

' Wrote:The fighting system is kind of broken anyway since no ship can attack more then a single target with its primary guns. What drastic changes do you exactly have in mind?
Well, it's not broken, it's the game engine. And I like the bombers as they are, because I don't really see how the developers will be able to make and implement any new system anytime soon without balance issues.

' Wrote:Torpedoes, the real bomber weapon.
Yes, I remember the Kamov Torpedo Bomber from Starlancer. It's the bomber in its best, though, the Battleships in Starlancer had no shields and were as vulnerable to bomber wings as they are now. The problem I see in all the torpedoes system is that it will force bombers to specialize to be effective against Gunboats, against Cruisers and Battleships. Now for a merocide bomber pilot, the Gunboat is doable alone - but I'm not sure that the same can be applied to the bombers suggested in this thread. To be honest, I see bombers as a more acceptable ship for mass usage than Gunboat - but using a too complex approach will make many people fly Gunboats to fulfil the role of current Bombers.

' Wrote:Such factions are probably weak and are very likely to get vaporized by a much stronger enemy. Unless they come with allies, mercenaries or do a coordinated attack in decent numbers and ships selection.
Goodbye, Lane Hackers, Xenos, Gaians, Golden Chrysanthemums, Bundschuh, Landwirtrechtbewegung, Unioners, Maquis, Union Corse, Gallic Brigands, Gas Miners Guild, you are weak and gonna get vaporised.

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - Strichev - 05-18-2011

2 bil limit can be bypassed by dividing all prices of the major goods and ships by a certain number.

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - CzeReptile - 05-18-2011

' Wrote:As I usually say, Discovery is fairily well balanced. While there is always something that doesn't fit the general picture, almost every ship can be used properly according to its specifics.

Goodbye, Lane Hackers, Xenos, Gaians, Golden Chrysanthemums, Bundschuh, Landwirtrechtbewegung, Unioners, Maquis, Union Corse, Gallic Brigands, Gas Miners Guild, you are weak and gonna get vaporised.

Its not balanced. My 2 cents.

Secondly, then there is a reason why people should group up to promote that RP so called.
And the more-targets-per ship issues can be fixed but I believe would cause ultimate lag and server death.

I still stay by splitting the ship roles.
And yet again I ask - if you are so concerned about so many people literally bitching about losing their battleship, they are same people you yell at for being nub indies that do not evn speak English. Why the fear of losing them? Nobody to shoot?

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - Shryke - 05-18-2011

' Wrote:"Like an idiot" for you (and many others) means average for some people, do you realize that?

If you can't realize that the thing that makes bombers really really really lethal to fighters is a slow projectile it can shoot once every ~8 seconds, and you can't counter that, then I'm afraid you do fall under such a category.

If you don't want to lose to a bomber, don't joust it. Bomber guns are terribly slow, and a SNAC is even slower. Sure, you might get killed the first time you fight one, but you're expected to learn how to counter one (which is as simple as don't fly into one without your shields). You're not expected to ask for a balance change.

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - Kontrazec (Somni) - 05-18-2011

...except for one little thing. In 99% of cases the reason a bomber killed a VHF is NOT the SNAC. It's spamming mines they BOTH eat, as the bomber can eat LOADS more mines than any VHF. And his important guns don't fall off from doing so.

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - Kontrazec (Somni) - 05-18-2011

You try evading mines when the dummy smashes into you all the time from all sorts of angles if you lose your touch a moment or two, pulling chains of nukes behind him (which WILL kill you and leave him on a sliver of hull, a Xeno Roc did this to me once. And yes, I'm a bad pvp-er.)

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - Divine - 05-18-2011

' Wrote:You try evading mines when the dummy smashes into you all the time from all sorts of angles if you lose your touch a moment or two, pulling chains of nukes behind him ...

Adjust your tactic.

Bomber "don't you dare!" suggestion - Aoyagi - 05-18-2011

' Wrote:If you can't realize that the thing that makes bombers really really really lethal to fighters is a slow projectile it can shoot once every ~8 seconds, and you can't counter that, then I'm afraid you do fall under such a category.

If you don't want to lose to a bomber, don't joust it. Bomber guns are terribly slow, and a SNAC is even slower. Sure, you might get killed the first time you fight one, but you're expected to learn how to counter one (which is as simple as don't fly into one without your shields). You're not expected to ask for a balance change.
Please. Don't try to lecture me. In all my Disco-life, I've been killed by a bomber like five or six times out of which in two cases I wasn't moving at all and in other two cases I got tired and bored. If you have nothing else to say then "lol u nub", don't contribute here, please.

' Wrote:Thats the plain reason I fly caps only. So I can whine. But frankly hardly anything beats a bomber player dying to dual missiles and whining about unfairness.

Grow up and lose SNAC. Then ill start using razors instead maybe.

That kind of de-validates your statements.

:-/