Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity (/showthread.php?tid=62352)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Ayem - 06-30-2011

It's been exam season, and we're a small group.

I don't check the activity tracker, because I haven't really needed to in the past. When the Iseijin first gained their official status the activity tracker was not a method for determining an official faction's right to exist.

When the 113th were created, the activity tracker was not a method for determining an official faction's right to exist.

As I said earlier, the 113th under the (now defunct) Iseijin rules could not use a Wild ID, so if we'd renamed some of our Wild ID'd ships and flown those under the 113th tag, we could have been sanctioned.

Excuses, excuses.

Yes, we missed this. We've been busy. Very sorry. We're trying to find a way to fix this. Telling us over and over again what you said in your first post does not help the situation.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Daedric - 06-30-2011

' Wrote:There's a saying that goes "better late than never". WE CAN STILL MAKE THIS RIGHT! :yahoo:

Sure we can. Give those other factions their status back too. As I said before, I didn't see one of you that are defending the AoI saying that the activity requirements were bogus; saying the same thing in defense of the other factions.

TLDR: The rules weren't an issue, and thus the rules didn't need to be bent until now. Why is that?

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Ayem - 06-30-2011

Possibly because our faction ceases to exist when we lose officiality, whereas those other factions do not.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Daedric - 06-30-2011

' Wrote:Possibly because our faction ceases to exist when we lose officiality, whereas those other factions do not.

So because you had special privileges you think the AoI should be above the rules, right?

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Akura - 06-30-2011

Yeah, other factions can exist as indies. We can't. Especially with Special Roleplays being closed.

We bring a lot to the people we meet, and people generally like chatting to us in space. We're a part of Discovery Lore, and we're worth the time to exist. We've had some problems, and now we're trying to fix them so that everyone can be happy.

Plus, we've a dozen or so billion credits invested in characters that can't now do anything.

' Wrote:So because you had special privileges you think the AoI should be above the rules, right?

No, which is why we're presenting a proposal so that we can be more active without sitting in space AFK. Which I'm sure beats the entire point of the activity tracker. It's tracking activity, not who can out-AFK each other.

Not above the rules either, it's just that we literally can't exist if we're not official, which is a terrible shame as the Aoi Iseijin are an important part of the mod as any other faction is, and people are evidently sad to see us go.

No, we've launched a re-request for our official faction status to be reinstated.

The Aoi Iseijin do not exist as a player faction at the moment.

The (now exiled) Aoi Iseijin High Command do not know how long it will be until we are allowed to exist again, but we will work hard to meet that end.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Enojado - 06-30-2011

You're clearly in this to make things better for people rather than worse aren't you misterrrr Daedric?

Look. I'm not saying I agree with you being revoked. I don't. I think the rules are BS myself. If you don't believe me, ask Dab. I've spoke with him many times about it.

What I am saying is this. You knew the rules. You knew you needed 30 hours on tagged ships. You didn't meet it. You were warned. You didn't heed the warning. You had your grace period and now have your status revoked. All factions are subject to those rules. All of them. The AoI are no better than any other faction, there is no reason to bend the rules for you guys and not for everyone else.

Akura, you claim to not have expected this. How didn't you? The warning was public, if you didn't know it was coming it is because you either a) didn't care b) ignored it or c) thought the AoI above the rule. None of which are valid reasons. Your proposal should have been issued to the admins weeks ago as a means to help yourselves.

I'm glad to see you are working to a solution to the issue, though, and I do hope it works out for you.

' Wrote:You're clearly in this to make things better for people rather than worse aren't you misterrrr Daedric?

I'm actually in it because I don't like when one group gets preferential treatment. What you are demanding is preferential treatment.

I'm sure you are assuming I dislike the AoI though, mainly because I don't agree with your opinion.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Akura - 06-30-2011

' Wrote:Akura, you claim to not have expected this. How didn't you? The warning was public, if you didn't know it was coming it is because you either a) didn't care b) ignored it or c) thought the AoI above the rule. None of which are valid reasons. Your proposal should have been issued to the admins weeks ago as a means to help yourselves.

I'm glad to see you are working to a solution to the issue, though, and I do hope it works out for you.

The warning came in April, and we fixed our activity and were well above 30 hours until very recently, where all of the Aoi Iseijin High Command have had end of year exams and haven't been able to play. Literally, all four of us, Jake however has been working full time in Kosovo, so he hasn't been around either.

I knew this might come sometime in July, so I told Jake to send our request off about ten days ago, but he clearly hasn't had the time to do it, and I accept that it was my mistake that I didn't see that it got to the Admins.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Grumblesaur - 06-30-2011

It's just a tag. Wear it.