Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - bluntpencil2001 - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:Edit: I don't understand why some people seemed to have been looked over, there are people that have been here much longer and have just as much potential to be good admins, the people I think should also get a shot are McNeo, bluntpencil, Dboy and maybe even Epyon.:P
*AND LETS NOT FORGET DUSTY LENS! A VOTE FOR DUSTY LENS IS A VOTE FOR THE FUTURE!*
Bluntpencil uses his own crayons to doctor the results. *DUSTY LENZ IS NOW ADMINNOSAURUS!*

Xoria for server administrator - onca - 05-21-2008

(Before this thread descends inexorably into spam)

Voted "aye".... but Xoria as long as you learn not to bite with wankers like sukimendo11. Just be mellow, like the other admins:rolleyes:

Xoria for server administrator - Eppy - 05-21-2008

Quote:I don't understand why some people seemed to have been looked over, there are people that have been here much longer and have just as much potential to be good admins, the people I think should also get a shot are McNeo, bluntpencil, Dboy and maybe even Epyon.:P

Aw, shucks...:$

Well, I find that rather unlikely, but I won't say no, that's for certain...:lol:[/power trip]

Seriously, though, we should create a few more Admins and Mods, not just Xoria. I think it's time we spread out the power a bit and made it easier to expedite the governmental actions.

EDIT: And I nominate Dusty Lens for some kind of position of power, whatever's available. Dusty's definitely up there, and I think he's shown many, many times a rare respect for the way this server and community works.

Xoria for server administrator - Zapp - 05-21-2008

To quote Eppy:

[9:33:25 PM] Eppy (Morgan Byrd) says: Zapp is now the most powerful man on Discovery.

Now all I need is the admin title to solidify my lead... kidding! I'm kidding! Geez, I wouldn't touch the job of being an admin with a ten-foot pole. Forum mod, MAYBE, but never admin. Too much work and no pay... well, scratch that, admins prolly get a lot from sanctions, but still, no.

Xoria for server administrator - Dopamino - 05-21-2008

Hopefully Xoria will read all of this, look at himself objectively, and adapt to become a well-rounded admin.

Xoria for server administrator - Generation - 05-21-2008

I voted yes, its obvious that you guys need some more help.

Xoria for server administrator - Fletcher - 05-21-2008

Don't know him well, but from what I seen and gathered, he is more than able for this job. A yes from me.

Xoria for server administrator - Vero - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:No but the people Ive mentioned have those qualities aswell as having been here for years and have been VERY active on the forums doing all the things that Xoria has done, my point being is why are these people being over looked?.

There are many more people I could add to the list I posted that are more than qualified to become mods or admins, they have everything Xoria has plus the experience of being here allot longer which does mean something in my book.

Not that I don't like Xoria, because I don't even really know him, I just don't get a good vibe from some of his posts which is why I voted no.
A fair enough argument. Let us hope that the vibes you get from him prove to be wrong and that we get a good solid Admin out of this development.

Perhaps the Admin team should look closely at the list of names you have presented and take those folks into serious consideration also.

Xoria for server administrator - Qunitinius~Verginix - 05-21-2008

' Wrote:Seriously, though, we should create a few more Admins and Mods, not just Xoria. I think it's time we spread out the power a bit and made it easier to expedite the governmental actions.

If it comes to that, instead of getting a whole slew of new Moderators, perhaps we can have older moderators given global rights? It would take a load off the admins, and it would prevent a large amount of other members.

Verg

Xoria for server administrator - majkp - 05-21-2008

Yes from me.