Discovery Gaming Community
SF Message Dump - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: SF Message Dump (/showthread.php?tid=1027)

SF Message Dump - Firebird - 07-28-2007

Transmit to: Commodore Hyperwave
Comm ID: Admiral Firebird

Send the invite to RM regardless. Politically, RH may not support the BAF, but I doubt they stand against us. Nor would they support Kusari's current advance into Bretonian space.

OOC: My thinking is that the RH position is not wanting to provoke the Kusari into another war given they're in the midst of rebuilding and have their own problems, or is there a political story that says otherwise:unsure:

In any case, the more the marrier, hopefully.

End Transmission

SF Message Dump - Stratus - 07-28-2007

Transmit to: All SF Personnel
Comm ID: Beta5

Headed to Unknown sector today for Intel on distant systems as well as loadout efficiency tests.
The Corsair Guided_Light was sighted but ran from the scene promptly, Nomad battlegroups were engaged.
Single Nova loadout was tested first however was less than effective at damaging Nomad battleships, Dual Nova loadout was far more destructive however drained the reactor fast. A total of 4 Nomad battlegroups were destroyed, including the fighters, Nova's only.

The Flight computer is now analyzing the flight data and weapon characteristics to determine peak efficiency.

Many nomad brains were returned to Cambridge research station to aid scientists in making discoveries.

[attachmentid=2871]

End Transmission.

SF Message Dump - unfunf - 07-28-2007

Comm ID: Antigen

Yesterday SF came against a large joint-strike force of UOG and RU. The UOG/RU strikeforce consisted of a bomber, a fighter, and two cruisers. The SF strike force consisted of the Antigen (Battlecruiser), Kiggles (Bomber), and Vitrotan (gunboat), and Lethis (Fighter). These were quite evenly matched teams, and the fight was a good one. SF won, losing Vitrotan and Lethis.

I have been told there is a bounty on my head. I am not sure what this is about; however, in the name of Bretonia, bring it on.

As a side note, I am writing up a document on procedures to setting up a strong capitalship (cruiser/battlecruiser/battleship/carrier, at the moment) loadout. The Antigen is an experiment for this loadout, and as you see from the battlereport, she was able to take out two cruisers (and still have full shields/health, although bats/bots were used). I will make this document available to SF personnel only.

SF Message Dump - Spartan-248 - 07-28-2007

Transmit to: SF Command Staff
Comm ID: SFF Havoc

I am reporting for duty........again.

ooc: School, plus Supreme Commander and Tiberium Wars have taken up my time. I am now returning to good old Discovery, for at least the time being.

SF Message Dump - unfunf - 07-28-2007

Comm ID: Antigen

Yesterday the SFCR-Antigen, SFDS-Glorious, and SFB-BETA1 went against the bomber UOG-ION, Battleship UOG-Nuclear, and Cruiser UOG-Quantum. Needless to say, our forces were outgunned (ooc: molly flying a 550k*3 zoner jugg...), and we all suffered heavy damage. The UOG-ION and the UOG-Quantum were severely damaged.

After the Antigen was repaired, she went on a routine patrol of Bretonia space. In dublin, two pirates were spotted. They were both flying bombers, callsign UOG-ION and Sunslayer[TBH]. The Antigen engaged, after asking them to leave, which they did not. The Antigen dispatched of both bombers, suffering moderate damage.

Antigen out.

SF Message Dump - Hylden - 07-28-2007

...patch program starting...
...patch complete...

At least spit the truth Antigen... and get prepared... parts of you in space... that will soon happen if you dare challenging UOG ever again... I have foresaw that...

Be wary, the UOG leaders are now taking into consideration a possible retaliatory strike... I'd suggest to defend your capitol for now...

Maybe you wonder who I am... call me "The Seer". I will throw some intel from time to time, in hard times...

The Seer out...

...patch program closed...

Transmit to: SF Personnel

Maintain watch on the primary planets of Leeds, New London and Cambridge. The defense shields over the planets will hold against anything except for a major assault comprising of several battleships. Just in case double security at the shield generators.

OOC: These shields were developed over time and have been in place for some time, check the message dump for the exact date and details. Just a small reminder in-game the NPCs are completely useless, that's the fun of being able to decimate them :cool:, but in roleplay give them some teeth, a single Battleship wouldn't waltz right up to the front door of the capital without encountering several other battleships and a defense grid on the way, similarly the asteroid bases used by pirates are deliberately hard to approach otherwise a single battleship could just split the rock in two. The "we nuked half the planet" stunt is old. Same with the "we boarded the research station and now know everything you do", consider the station's resources and equipment might play a heavy role in development of the uderlying technology and that such state of the art tech might be hard to come by. Stick to attacks which are believeable...attacks that damage stations, isolated terrorist bomb, defeating battlegroups, information raids are fine just keep in mind that there can be more to a tech's development then the download of a bunch of scientist reports and memos. The idea is for ones that do damage but aren't overkill. According to all the attacks Cambridge should be a smoldering piece of ash and lifeless:sleep:. My point is make your attacks real and believeable, otherwise people will just consider them powergaming and simply dismiss and ignore them as such.

End Transmission

SF Message Dump - n0k0m - 07-28-2007

Comm ID: SFF-Lethis (n0k0m)

Reporting:
While i was checking the traders i found "parahandy" (Wanted list) attacking on Bretonian ships and carrying more Bretonian pilot in Cambridge. When i said him to drop the cargo he started to firing me, i returned the fire. He lost and i saved the pilots (and destroyed the rest of the cargo). After, he returned so i forced him to leave the system immidately, he took my advice and left.

Ps. I made some fault, because i was under fire so had no time to handle the situation.

n0k0m
1st Royal Squadron
Cambridge
GMT: 19:00

Reporting 2.:
I found a smuggler "KRACKEN" in cambridge. He was tradeing with a gunboat. Smuggling nomads and Artifacts. He resisted all of my commands. He docked immidately. After he came out from the station he could escape (my ship is not equiped with cruise distruptor). I tried to destroy the tradeline, but it was too late. My firepower was also not enough.

n0k0m
1st Royal Squadron
Cambridge
GMT: 21:00

Reporting 3.:
(NovaPG) did a strike on our ally Rheinland in New Berlin. I couldn't go to support Rheinland, they lost the battle in a few minutes (as i saw it). Neither [SA] / [SF] 's member weren't online (except me).

n0k0m
1st Royal Squadron
Cambridge
GMT: 21:30

Transmit to: SF Personnel

Status Reports

SFGB-RELENTLESS
Joined SFDS-Glorious in Dublin on reports of sighting UOG forces in the area. Said forces approached and were engaged consisting of a cruiser and werewolf fighter. The werewolf was destroyed but the pilot was unfortunately rescued by the cruiser before he could be captured. The cruiser, taking fire from both the Glorious and Relentless, was falling and called for reinforcements from a UOG Zoner Juggernaught in the area, how'd they get that thing through the Molly minefield is anyone's guess. Its firepower quickly overwhelmed the Glorious (death) and the Relentless minorly damaged but with autorepair failing now faced two vessels of much superior firepower and withdrew to the protection of the Essex awaiting reinforcements.

SFB-BETA1
Upon receiving distress calls from the Relentless, proceed to Dublin and meet up with SFCR-Stratus and SFGB-Revenge. Within scanning range of the Essex were a UOG Juggernaught and cruiser. Upon engagement, Beta-1 and the Revenge focussed upon the cruiser while Stratus attempted to outmaneuver the massive dreadnaught. The dreadnaught's firepower proved to much for our battlecruiser and forced its and the Revenge's withdraw, both suffering heavy hull damage (deaths). Beta-1 being able to outmanuveur both vessels forced the cruiser to withdraw with its autorepair destroyed and heavy hull damage (withdrew, where's a cruise disruptor when I need one:rolleyes:lol). The battle with the juggernaught however was a stalemate, unable to effectively maintain a target lock the juggernaught couldn't finish the job while at the same time Beta-1 couldn't inflict enough repeated damage to bring down the juggernaught's shields. With its damage done, the juggernaught withdrew back towards Molly-controlled space and Beta-1 withdrew to the Essex for minor repairs.

Additional:
Thanks for the report Lethis, good work.

OOC: Good round of fights yesterday UOG and well played out. Thanks.

End Transmission

SF Message Dump - Hyperwave22 - 07-28-2007

Transmit to: All SF Personnel; Admiral Firebird
Comm ID: Commodore Hyperwave

The Southern Alliance has accepted our invitation for the war games. This is excellent news, and it can hopefully support both our alliance and skills.

Another invitation has been transmitted to the Rheinland Military and I am now waiting on an answer.

In addition to the invitation, I have decided to once again activate the SFMF-Horizon due to the UOG threat. This ship will be stationed at New London, but can be deployed to any point of interest. The crew will begin to organize mass casualty incident protocol for all of the planets, in the event of attack.

Commodore Hyperwave out...