Discovery Gaming Community
Dropped from server when entering some systems. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Dropped from server when entering some systems. (/showthread.php?tid=100312)

Dropped from server when entering some systems. - Tito - 06-13-2013

Hello there,

I looked around a bit to see if this issue was already discussed but failed to find any thread discussing it.

My issue is as follow: I undock, fly, fight, dock, take mission, and trade with no issues in some systems. Once I jump into some other system I get a message that I've lost connection with the server. When I log in I get the message again within minutes. However, this do not seems to happen with all the characters of the same account, I have uninstalled and reinstall the game and mod 3 or 4 times. The issue persist. I created a new account, I created a Gallic character and while in gallia had no issues. Yet I created a Corsair character in the same account (Toro.Bravo) and as soon as I sneaked into Texas I had the problem.

I will really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Tito

RE: Dropped from server when entering some systems. - Yber - 06-13-2013

The account could be corrupted. Try making a whole new one and repeat the process that makes you crash to see if it still happens.

RE: Dropped from server when entering some systems. - Tunicle - 06-13-2013

Turn 3-D sound off if enabled?

RE: Dropped from server when entering some systems. - Caconym - 06-14-2013

Nope, I dont think that it will help. You see, this appears to be a connection problem, as he kicked from the server, and the game apparently DOES NOT CRASH. So, unless you get the "You will be kicked in 10 seconds. Reason: Cheating" message, the problem is not from your game; it is either from your connection, form your computer, or from the server itself, which is a possibility, if you consider all the other problems.

RE: Dropped from server when entering some systems. - Tito - 06-14-2013

I appreciate all the help...

I will disable the 3D sound and see if that helps. As I said this has happened with different characters in different accounts. Not all characters seems to be affected. My BH account has not shown any issues with any of it's five characters. Yet my Junker account has two characters that have the same issues. The main one seem to be allergic to Kusari space.

I may add that I noticed this issue first at my other residence and since I have moved. Yet the issue continues. I thought it was an IP issue but now I am not so sure.

RE: Dropped from server when entering some systems. - Pel - 07-04-2013

I had this problem today going from Cortez to California.

1. Started in Cortez. Entered jump gate to California.
2. Freelancer just quit (like ALT+Tab, but the entire application crashed)
3. I restarted Frelancer and clicked on the server till it let me back on.
4. My char was in California, but way over on the other side of the system, near Alcatraz.

My cargo was fine, so I just continued on my way.

My 3D sound is always off.

I have a Freelancer ID and civilian ship.

This has never happened to me before, and I've played FL for a couple years (on another server).

Not sure it will happen again, but just wanted to add this example.