Discovery Gaming Community
Spoiler? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Spoiler? (/showthread.php?tid=100396)

Spoiler? - Yber - 06-15-2013

Would it be possible to add the spoiler function to the forums? I've just realized it's lack while attempting to link youtube videos.

RE: Spoiler? - Marburg - 06-15-2013

While the functionality would be cool, what would be the point on a site like this? the VAST majority of threads posted here don't require any spoiler warnings beyond simply typing something like :Confusedpoilers ahead:: on the rare occasions it's warranted.

If we spent most of our time talking about TV, books or movies ect, I'd totally agree w/ ya from the rooftops with bells on until I ultimately get arrested for lewd exposure.

However, as it stands, in this neck of the woods, it would just be an underutilized shiny thing without any real luster.

RE: Spoiler? - Thyrzul - 06-15-2013

(06-15-2013, 07:16 PM)Marburg Wrote: While the functionality would be cool, what would be the point on a site like this? the VAST majority of threads posted here don't require any spoiler warnings beyond simply typing something like :Confusedpoilers ahead:: on the rare occasions it's warranted.

If we spent most of our time talking about TV, books or movies ect, I'd totally agree w/ ya from the rooftops with bells on until I ultimately get arrested for lewd exposure.

However, as it stands, in this neck of the woods, it would just be an underutilized shiny thing without any real luster.

Show/hide massive amount of text. Usually works in signatures too. E.g. it would enable lengthy signatures without stretching the forum too much vertically. That is one use I can think of now, but I bet there are tons of other uses of it as well.

It would not just be cool, but useful too.

RE: Spoiler? - Yber - 06-15-2013

Eg: hide videos that generate a longer time for a theard to load. Hide large images, no more size restrictions.

RE: Spoiler? - SMGSterlin - 06-15-2013

(06-15-2013, 07:16 PM)Marburg Wrote: While the functionality would be cool, what would be the point on a site like this? the VAST majority of threads posted here don't require any spoiler warnings beyond simply typing something like :Confusedpoilers ahead:: on the rare occasions it's warranted.

I disagree.

The hide tag feature is something that I think would be used a lot more than expected. For example, bounty boards, hiding the lists of people allowed to collect, names of the targets, payouts, etc... It would help make things look more organized and neat.

Or large threads that have several different things and categories listed, like Cody's Weapon Market thread, or the Player Base Guide by Daedric. They both have crap loads of information complied in just a few posts, and a simple hide tag placed in each category would make the page shorter, and speed up load times for some people.

Also, people could put penis pictures in hide tags, say the hide tag shows a picture of something cool, but then people click just to have a giant meat stick appear infront of their eyes.

The potential is there.

EDIT: Should also be a fairly easy thing to add as well, it shouldn't take much time at all to code it into the forums.

RE: Spoiler? - Ursus - 06-15-2013

you can use color=black for text and tell people to select it, but it doesnt work for images and such, also doesn't create collapsible sections

RE: Spoiler? - Hone - 06-16-2013

Huh that would actually be pretty cool.

RE: Spoiler? - Kazinsal - 07-03-2013

(06-15-2013, 09:08 PM)Ursus Wrote: you can use color=black for text and tell people to select it, but it doesnt work for images and such, also doesn't create collapsible sections

color=transparent works even better.

Like this.

RE: Spoiler? - The Doctor - 07-04-2013

Collapsible looks cute.

RE: Spoiler? - JaaY - 08-04-2013

I also thought about this and think that it'd be a good idea. When it comes to big threads, such a feature could help to make it more clear so you can more easily find what piece of information you're looking for.